Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570378 times)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3015 on: July 24, 2015, 06:32:46 am »

Can anyone advise me on how do you disable updates on Steam? It's impossible to play this past the very beginning when I get save incompatibility every other day.
Unless it's a bug of some sorts. Heck, just now I got save incompatibility without even exiting the client (just on save and reload).

If the game has no DRM, then you might be able to copy it to a different location in your computer, and it'd never be updated there.

Steam has otherwised disabled the ability to disable updates.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: July 24, 2015, 08:55:23 am »

Can anyone advise me on how do you disable updates on Steam? It's impossible to play this past the very beginning when I get save incompatibility every other day.
Unless it's a bug of some sorts. Heck, just now I got save incompatibility without even exiting the client (just on save and reload).

Just save and reload shouldn't cause this, and I've only released one save-breaking patch, so there's something going on with saves in your environment. Could you send me a save game that fails to support@freeholdgames.com?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: July 24, 2015, 09:08:49 am »

Just save and reload shouldn't cause this, and I've only released one save-breaking patch, so there's something going on with saves in your environment. Could you send me a save game that fails to support@freeholdgames.com?
I've deleted the offending save, I'm afraid. I could send you one if it happens again (although I've copied the steam folder elsewhere, so I'm guessing it might not?) - if you help me find where the saves are stored. For the love of me I can't see them anywhere in the steamapp CoQ folder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: July 24, 2015, 09:09:41 am »

I've deleted the offending save, I'm afraid. I could send you one if it happens again (although I've copied the steam folder elsewhere, so I'm guessing it might not?) - if you help me find where the saves are stored. For the love of me I can't see them anywhere in the steamapp CoQ folder.

C:/Users/<username>/AppData/LocalLow/Freehold Games/CavesOfQud on windows.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: July 24, 2015, 11:45:52 am »

I managed to get to level 11, with your guys advice. But then I got completely owned from a weird moth thing that either teleport and killed me or just shot me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: July 24, 2015, 11:47:10 am »

I managed to get to level 11, with your guys advice. But then I got completely owned from a weird moth thing that either teleport and killed me or just shot me.

Well, it is a rogue-like. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: July 24, 2015, 12:12:27 pm »

Hey. I managed to finish the first quest to Red Rock. For my second time. Where should I head for now?

PS why is this roguelike so popular? Haven't find anything awesome in it by this far.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:57:20 am by RoguelikeRazuka »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: July 24, 2015, 12:26:34 pm »

Hey. I managed to finish the first quest to Red Rock. For my second time. Where should I head to now?

PS why is this roguelike so popular? Haven't find anything awesome in it by this far.

Rustwells is next for the Argyve (sp?) quest. After that I usually hit up Rust Gate before moving on.

As for why it's so popular...well, it's the combination of things. The wide variety of mutations/abilities, the setting, the tinkering system...it's just fun. *shrug*
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: July 24, 2015, 12:30:33 pm »

I like the descriptions of stuff and trying to get advanced technologies.

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: July 24, 2015, 01:14:12 pm »

I got disembowelled by a chitinous puma while completing the quest in the Grit Gate. Can't get how it managed to strike me down just in a single turn. Where can I purchase greater weapons and armor? These beasts lurking all around there seem to be too tough for my one-hand axe, readily ripping my ring mail either.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:31:33 am by RoguelikeRazuka »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: July 24, 2015, 01:33:41 pm »

Hey. I managed to finish the first quest to Red Rock. For my second time. Where should I head to now?

Mostly the mutation and tinkering systems. They're hella cool. Everything else ranges from neat to "just there".
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: July 24, 2015, 02:00:04 pm »

I got disembowelled by a chitinous puma while completing the quest in the Grit Gate. Can't get how it managed to strike me down just in a single turn. Where can I purchase greater weapons and armor? These beasts lurking all around there seem to be too tough for my one-hand axe, readilly ripping my ring mail either.

Kill everything you can and, like all roguelikes, EXPLORE! I've only completed Rust Well and Red Rock and I already have a combined armor of 5, dodge of 19, and wield two buffed versions of those blue metal weapons (axes, in my case), I forget what its called.

I found some elastyne gloves that give me 2 dodge and +1 agility, and a bunch of other armors with interesting stats, and I'm doing pretty damn well for myself so far. I even killed a unique creature in its lair. :) I guess its also just about luck, and picking the right class for your play style.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: July 24, 2015, 03:12:38 pm »

Bug: Recycling suit doesn't seem to work.

I can confirm this one. After dumping the initial collection of water (8 drams I think?) into one of my waterskins, the suit never refills. Could just take a really long time to refill, but I'm fairly certain it filled up a lot quicker before I had dumped the water.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: July 24, 2015, 03:18:16 pm »

This is honestly something I've been trying to figure out myself. I remember quite liking this game once upon a time but now it feels... Dull and stale when I try it. I don't really understand why myself.

That's actually not an excuse for anything. Really. A whole genre shouldn't be known for fake difficulty and frustration.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: July 24, 2015, 04:41:36 pm »

That's actually not an excuse for anything. Really. A whole genre shouldn't be known for fake difficulty and frustration.

Who said anything about fake difficulty? As for frustration, different people have different thresholds.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 250