Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570569 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2790 on: January 17, 2015, 09:42:24 pm »

I'll leave a PTW here.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: January 21, 2015, 10:30:06 am »

Just found a Nanopnematic Jackhammer. Even with a nuclear cell slotted, it doesn't seem to be able to do anything to walls, despite auto attacking them when bumping into them. Considering its weight and three slots it takes up, I'd have figured it would be at least as good as a vibro dagger at taking down walls.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: January 21, 2015, 10:34:21 am »

https://twitter.com/ptychomancer (Qud writer/designer) is making progress on procedurally generated histories for heros, integrating with the new faction/reputation system.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:37:14 am by unormal »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: January 21, 2015, 11:19:40 am »

Bug: You are able to "see" hostile enemies hidden by lack of light or lack of Line of Sight by using the "l"ook command. If you examine the square, it will tell you what is in there. However, it will not snap to unseen hostiles.

Edit: Also, that is utterly wonderful. Proceduraly generated quests in the future, perhaps?

Edit: Bug/feature? found. Dropping a desalination pellet into a canteen of just dilute salt turns it into fresh water. Not salty water or brackish water, just salt.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:53:46 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: January 29, 2015, 10:05:11 pm »

Qud, unshackled from the EGA colorset. Colors are now totally data-driven and moddable.

Current in-engine shot:

Mockup of our Joppa goal:

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2795 on: January 30, 2015, 10:01:40 am »

Looks pretty fantastic but I hop there is an option to remove the background green tinge. I like nice clean black.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: January 30, 2015, 10:11:53 am »

mmmm... maybe the green tinge will become the fog of war / LOS indicator?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: January 30, 2015, 12:15:03 pm »

Looks pretty fantastic but I hop there is an option to remove the background green tinge. I like nice clean black.

The colors definitions are all in a data file that's easily changed.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2798 on: January 30, 2015, 12:35:28 pm »

The colors definitions are all in a data file that's easily changed.
Excellent news. :)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: January 30, 2015, 01:59:35 pm »

I look forward to seeing how effects end up looking, especially the flashy ones like freezing/burning hands.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: January 31, 2015, 11:11:15 pm »

[Steam Beta]
*Added a reputation system for Qud's various factions. Press 'f' from your character sheet to get to the Reputation screen, or use the menu paging keys.
*Added past events to unique creatures' descriptions. Look at a unique creature to see some events from its past and the factions that love or hate it.
*Added a new skill: Offer Gift. Offering a gift to a unique creature will adjust your reputation with the factions that love/hate it.
*Added reputation bonuses to some mutations, kits, and genotypes.
*Added a new display.txt configuration file.
*Added a new palette and visual effects.
*Added scrolling to the look display of long descriptions.
*Fixed a keybind exception.
*Fixed a broken hostile-visibility check, which was causing auto-explore/walk to not halt properly.
*Fixed an issue with status effect checking.
*Fixed ALT-key overlay.
*Fixed several exceptions with various mutations.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: February 02, 2015, 11:41:44 pm »

So. Minor bug/awesome thing. I can only assume that Mehmet spawned hated by the wardens, as he immediately ran at Joppa's warden, who went, Oh hell no, and zapped him once with frost hands and one shot him. Needless to say, as this happened three turns into the game, it puts a damper on the watervine quest.

Edit: Correction. It would seem to be the warden who hates Joppaites, as he poisoned their fresh water.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: February 02, 2015, 11:52:26 pm »

Well, hey, he should be nicer next time.

New walls:

Beggars` Sect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: February 11, 2015, 12:52:19 am »

Hi, I`m new around these parts and happy to detect some Qud activity! Does that mean the game is still being worked on?

My last version is a private release from some months ago, but I was under impression that the Freehold folks switched completely to Sproggiwood?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: February 11, 2015, 04:55:24 pm »

They're releasing it on Steam next month in a new engine with a tileset. I just got the beta (Thanks unormal) and its looking sharp :)
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 250