Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570820 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2550 on: October 14, 2013, 03:43:53 pm »

Towns can have several merchants, depending on town. There is also the strange glowpad somewhere near joppa, who generally has a large stock of ammo. Later you may gain the ability to craft your own ammo, though it is functionally identical to the regular sort.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: October 19, 2013, 10:22:00 pm »

Thanks for the tips.  Lead slugs are no longer a concern.  However, I've picked up a horrible illness:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and I need salt for the cure.  Where can I get it?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: October 19, 2013, 11:26:03 pm »

Do you need a salty liquid? If so, you can pour any liquid on the ground, and when you put it back in a container, it will be salty.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: October 19, 2013, 11:37:39 pm »

No, straight up salt, as far as I can tell.  One of the developers says it can be done, but unfortunately gives no hint how.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: October 20, 2013, 06:02:00 pm »

I have the strangest sense that you are meant to pour out water on the ground then evaporate the water, but iirc that doesnt do anything

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: October 20, 2013, 11:43:19 pm »

Dear Armok, Sproggiwood looks adorable!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: October 20, 2013, 11:44:45 pm »

I had one that required (if I remember) water AND salt, so I tried making it with regular salt water and also with dilute salt, but I dont think either worked.  I never found a source for regular salt, but I didnt try to hard either.

A bit frustrating that something so common in the game world is so hard to come by.  You'd think that you could just go out to the salt flats and pick some up. 

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: October 23, 2013, 11:08:18 pm »

Dilute salt -- obtained by pouring out salt water on the ground and picking it up again -- does in fact work to cure the disease.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: October 24, 2013, 02:29:15 pm »

Hey look I made Caves of Qud somewhat less hideous at high-res:

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: October 24, 2013, 02:56:52 pm »

WOAH. That looks awesome. How does gameplay work? Do the effects look nice?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: October 24, 2013, 02:58:20 pm »

WOAH. That looks awesome. How does gameplay work? Do the effects look nice?

Just fine, I just found a nice monospace font and spent awhile laying out a nice high-res console font bitmap, so no real internal engine changes, so it 'just works'. I'll probably include it as an option in the next build of CoQ.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: October 24, 2013, 04:11:08 pm »

Some gameplay with the fancy new font:

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: October 24, 2013, 04:36:09 pm »

Blargh. Contemplating getting back into this, but I have no clue how much it's changed in the past two-three years. .-.

Edit: Dammit, can't. At least not for a while, until I can get a computer that can run a Virtual Machine without bricking itself.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: October 24, 2013, 05:25:41 pm »

Needs more Android version. hng
I would pick this up after finishing Avadon. I need some more open world.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: November 10, 2013, 11:32:37 am »

Been playing this for a while, it is awesome. Just had a decent mutant arconaut, with heightened speed, psychometry, triple jointed, night vision, thick fur. Was dual wielding daggers, and had a bow, with a whole bunch of scrap in the hope that I can eventually tinker it up into something cool. Unfortunately, it was going smoothly until I aggroed an equimax. Not on purpose, but because my arrow strayed off and hit one. Of course, all of the equimaxes got mad, and I ran back to joppa, picking up a herd of various creatures. Unfortunately I incorrectly assumed that the warden would protect me from them, instead attacking all of the creatures except the equimax. So of course I run into the hut with the elder guy, hoping to find safety/protection. Of course not. They can open doors! So I am brutally murdered, with the elder and the warden just chilling, oblivious.
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 250