Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570850 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1860 on: May 08, 2011, 10:42:03 pm »

I just found a glitch.

You can start the game wielding a 2 handed weapon and a one handed weapon at the same time. Also, gas attacks do not make friendly things hostile.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:17:38 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: May 09, 2011, 03:20:39 pm »

A bug, but a relatively minor bug since there are other bugs that need bugging before this bug becomes significant.

Mutated critters don't count as mutants for the purposes of leveling up. For instance, if you dominate the warden in Joppa and manage to get him the xp to gain another level, he doesn't get a mutation point to level up his current mutations.

Edit: Another bug, semi minorish. Merchants automatically equip their best stuff, which makes sense, but you can't buy it off of them.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:23:03 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: May 09, 2011, 03:39:10 pm »

That last one makes sense. They wouldn't want to give away their protection if they're  carrying around valuables, do they?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: May 09, 2011, 03:47:55 pm »

True, but why does the Dromad trader need two compass bracelets on for?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: May 09, 2011, 04:10:11 pm »

One for each arm? In case one gets broken.

Or he just likes symmetry.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1865 on: May 09, 2011, 06:52:45 pm »

Heh, Unreal World has a similar bug/feature - foreign traders roam around with stuff to trade, and are a good source of mail and iron armor and good weapons - but you have to kill them to get it, because they always put on their best trade goods and won't trade them. So instead of being able to trade my hard earned furs for the long mail shirt or battle axe that I want, I'm stuck digging a spiked trap pit and luring the unsuspecting trader to his death.

It's annoying in that game, so I'm sure it is equally annoying here if you see something you want but can't trade for it :)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: May 09, 2011, 07:08:29 pm »

Slightly less annoying, since all you can see of artifacts you haven't identified is Weird Artifact in 95% of cases, but for rare things like compass bracelets and, heck, most arm gear aside from bucklers, it makes them REALLY rare. Should probably do some testing and see how much stuff he carries on his arms to see if we're getting really gipped or not.

Edit: Bug with teleport other and movement queues. If you teleport other a shopkeep who has started moving back to position, he will continue moving in the same queue until it ends, even if it takes em to another area. They will then sit in their new spot as though it were their proper spot.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:05:32 pm by beorn080 »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: May 09, 2011, 11:49:23 pm »

I just finished the quest in the town that you start in. What should I do now?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: May 10, 2011, 12:11:57 am »

Go to Argyve or whatever his name is; the disk selling guy. His quests continue the quest line, I think.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: May 10, 2011, 12:22:55 am »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: May 10, 2011, 12:26:00 am »

Go to Argyve
Where's he?
Joppa. Come on, it shouldn't be hard to notice the man in the building with no doors.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: May 10, 2011, 06:51:01 am »

Is it better to take the river out of redrock, or should I just backtrack? I usually get crushed by a knollworm in the tunnel.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: May 10, 2011, 07:40:31 am »

Generally I sell all the loot in redrock, buy all the good stuff I can, and then venture through the river and pretty much breeze through it. I play mostly ranged mutants though, might be harder for other builds.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:46:42 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: May 10, 2011, 08:05:40 am »

Is it better to take the river out of redrock, or should I just backtrack? I usually get crushed by a knollworm in the tunnel.

If you can't handle the Knollworms / Crabs in the river, then yeah, go ahead and backtrack. I only tend to forge through their if I'm a True Human and need to pick up the Mining Helmet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: May 10, 2011, 08:58:42 am »

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 250