Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569681 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2010, 12:33:02 pm »

You have to choose one of those, hit a number, 1 2 or 3.
...Oh.

I feel quite stupid now.

*hides*

Hm, I'm just confused why I never accidentally hit the 1 2 or 3 keys while button mashing trying to find a key that works.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2010, 01:14:43 pm »

Posting to watch + Say this game rules.
*Hugs*

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2010, 05:25:10 pm »

New patch I'd like people to update to, since it introduces some reasonably big internal changes I'd like to get widely tested! (Though maybe expect some initial instability on some systems)

*NOTE: this patch will invalidate saved games
*Throwing is now much more accurate
*New item: Stasis grenades
*Zone cache is now compresed, added an option to disable compression if you'd rather trade disk space for CPU
*Zone cache is now kept a bit more tidy
*Slightly reduced the amount and quality of starting equipment all true men starting kits
*Praetorian no longer starts with Aim or Charge
*Updated loot tables
*You may now correctly only take mental actions or pass when your carapace is tightened
*Added autoeat prioritization, quest items won't be eaten, and heavier butchered food will be eaten first
*Updated webs to have a higher max weight before ripping, to take into account new inventory weight calculations
*Greatly increased the hitpoints of Baetyls
*Removed the bundled windows installer package, reducing the size of the exe installer from 8mb to about 3mb
*Updated short blades skill descriptions to refer to short blades instead of daggers

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2010, 06:02:11 pm »

I just discovered a nice challenge. You know the space-time vortex mutation? The one that, if you enter it, transports you to a random location in Qud?

Well, I rolled a character with that mutation, used it, and then walked into the vortex. This made me realize a nice challenge you could do: Roll a mutated character with the space-time vortex mutation, use it, then go inside the vortex and try to make your way back to Joppa from wherever you are in Qud.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2010, 06:09:42 pm »

New patch I'd like people to update to, since it introduces some reasonably big internal changes I'd like to get widely tested! (Though maybe expect some initial instability on some systems)
Any chance this patch fixes the cpu usage for animation? I really would like that fixed, it's pretty much the only thing that keeps me from playing this more often. :(

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2010, 06:10:48 pm »

Any chance this patch fixes the cpu usage for animation? I really would like that fixed, it's pretty much the only thing that keeps me from playing this more often. :(

No, but give me a minute.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2010, 06:18:58 pm »

Ok,
*Added a new performance option to throttle animations for low CPU environments

Try that option out and see how it works for you.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2010, 07:01:46 pm »

Ok,
*Added a new performance option to throttle animations for low CPU environments

Try that option out and see how it works for you.

Man, you guys are really on the ball when it comes to pushing out updates, this puts you way above other indie developers in my book, and I'm considering registering a second game just because of the sheer awesomeness you and your game. You will find, however, a new suggestion in your forums for the one major sore point I have with CoQ.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have more post-apocalyptic survival to get to...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2010, 07:10:47 pm »

Thanks man. That drops the cpu usage to 30-40%. It's a bit more bearable for a rogue-like. It's summer and my room is 30c+, I don't want to overheat my cpu while playing a rogue-like. :P

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2010, 07:55:57 pm »

A story of success.

Just made a consul with 25 ego named Palpatine. I went to collect some copper wire. The first thing I see when I enter the gave is a pink named snapjaw. I did the hand trick on him. "You're not my enemy." Long story short... I left the cave and the stairs burned for days and days.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2010, 07:58:58 pm »

Overheating CPUs while playing a roguelike.  That's serious business right there. 

Has anyone encountered the "odd glowpad" merchant?  Because I bought a GREAT short sword from him, it does like 70-100 damage with my level 9 praetorian.  Now I don't wanna update my game and lose my save :x

@Unormal: Is this merchant random? Like some games he won't appear and some games he will? 

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2010, 08:07:23 pm »

Has anyone encountered the "odd glowpad" merchant?  Because I bought a GREAT short sword from him, it does like 70-100 damage with my level 9 praetorian.  Now I don't wanna update my game and lose my save :x
I've never encountered it before, and I'm someone who commits massive genocide often.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2010, 08:07:30 pm »

Overheating CPUs while playing a roguelike.  That's serious business right there. 

@Unormal: Is this merchant random? Like some games he won't appear and some games he will?

I'm not in the business of answering gameplay questions. Just fixing bugs and answering basic rules questsions we haven't documented yet.  ;D

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2010, 08:12:15 pm »

Which was happening, with it using nearly all my CPU time when it's 30c+ in my room. My case is 32c right now and it's 11pm. Hot hot.

I have a guestion about solar power cells. How does their recharge works? Do I have to remove it? Do I have to hold it, or being in my inventory is enough? It doesn't really explain.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:15:48 pm by Soulwynd »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2010, 08:20:17 pm »

I've never encountered it before, and I'm someone who commits massive genocide often.
And I just found him. Apparently he sells a 900 dram taco. Also sells a very nice fullerite longsword and a sniper rifle. That is awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 250