Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570521 times)

shaihulud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1560 on: April 05, 2011, 05:11:10 am »

but you can always activate Intercept yourself as a spendable skill by using the A key right? if i'm not mistaken within the 10 turns or 5 upcoming attacks will be a 100% chance.   

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #1561 on: April 05, 2011, 12:23:42 pm »

Would anyone like to share strategies or builds for agility/short blade/pistol focused characters?

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1562 on: April 05, 2011, 01:14:43 pm »

Making high focused mental mutants may be fun, but I ended up getting one hit by a hermits high explosive grenade at level 9. Admittedly I only had 12 toughness (13 with the level 6 bonus) and I think it ignores armour, but it's still annoying. 12 toughness isn't as low as possible and my armour was decent, so I don't think I should have to worry about being one shotted.

I guess I'll probably try another build now.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 05, 2011, 03:02:22 pm »

Would anyone like to share strategies or builds for agility/short blade/pistol focused characters?

I don't exactly enjoy Melee focused characters, but since it's the only build you have any reasonable chance of surviving with, I've had a lot of luck with an agility-focused one like that.

True Man: S-16 A-22 T-18 I-18 W-16 E-18, "Fuming God-Child" caste (with +4 W) - This will start you off with an obsidian kris (and a really good cudgel), Intimidate, Meditation, and Fasting to boot.  Use hit-and-run tactics, of scaring enemies away while shooting them, and/or running away to rapid-recharge then taking them on again.  Load up on all your Dodging-type skills and the weird Pistol tricks.  I prefer to using Long Blade myself for the stances, but Short Blade should work equally well.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 05, 2011, 03:12:26 pm »

One of the likely-underused perks of Fuming God-Child is that the Conch of the Aji can produce a cloud of paralytic gas, which I imagine would be quite useful as long as you aren't fighting robots.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 05, 2011, 03:17:05 pm »

There's also that, but be careful not to get caught in it.  I've wondered though, is there a limit to number of times you can blow in it?  I've never done it more than once, and I have a bit of foolish pride against relying on starting-equipment.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 08, 2011, 09:57:02 am »

So I check Argyve's recipe list as an Artifex to see what he has.

First four are antimatter cell, freeze ray, Hand-E-Nuke, and HE Missile.

Now I just need some cash to afford all that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 08, 2011, 10:00:51 am »

Had a great character die yesterday. Mutant with Extra Arms and legs and freezing hands, ended up going Guns. Lucked out and found a Combat Shotgun data disk. I really enjoy that gun, especially for cave delving. Later on I picked up a Carbine, which is my new favorite gun. Carbine with Suppressive Fire is awesome for dealing with the various robots.

Now only if that damn aglofly hadn't sniped me I might have gotten out of Golgotha.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 08, 2011, 10:04:22 am »

Does the registered version have any difference to the unregistered one?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 08, 2011, 10:08:36 am »

It has a large amount of dev happiness and double the warm-fuzzies.  [No, but it's cool to do if you like the game!]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: April 08, 2011, 10:12:32 am »

On the point of grammer: as a none-natural english speaker, his mistakes are quite ... ignorable and i sure as hell did and still do them as well.

You code a awesome game like this and you may complain about grammar : )

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 08, 2011, 10:37:22 am »

Anyone know what a "gaslight flyssa" is?  A flyssa is a sword, but what's a gaslight one?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 08, 2011, 10:39:37 am »

Anyone know what a "gaslight flyssa" is?  A flyssa is a sword, but what's a gaslight one?
Sounds like a sword that can be set on fire, to me.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 08, 2011, 10:46:16 am »

umm got an nullray pistol on the way to redrock, what does it do?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 08, 2011, 10:52:11 am »

I saw a data disk for one, I almost bought it, I believe its a ray of nullification, AKA, disintegration. Just guessing, though.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 250