Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570281 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1380 on: March 25, 2011, 05:05:20 pm »

10 drams on that he couldnt decide who to shoot.

Imagine it. A random mutated traveller comes to town, then suddenly another completely identical one pops up and starts to attack the first one. My reaction would be that someone screwed up temporal fugue.
He could've at least, you know, tried to stop one from attacking the other. It's not like he has to kill one.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 25, 2011, 07:27:03 pm »

I honestly didn't read the entire thread(few pages at beginning, few at the end), but has anyone used the thick fur mutation? Not sure if its a bug, but it completely negates burning. You take zero damage.

What this means is that if you take the Spontaneous Combustion and thick fur mutations, you get two free mutation points.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 25, 2011, 07:30:17 pm »

I honestly didn't read the entire thread(few pages at beginning, few at the end), but has anyone used the thick fur mutation? Not sure if its a bug, but it completely negates burning. You take zero damage.

What this means is that if you take the Spontaneous Combustion and thick fur mutations, you get two free mutation points.
Ooh, nice.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 25, 2011, 07:30:56 pm »

Ooh, nice.
You know in a day or two that's going to be fixed just because you posted, right? :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 25, 2011, 08:08:14 pm »

For the record, if you take both Cold and Heat Absorption your body temperature will never leave 23 C. I also found out through rampant and absurd cheating that:

A. The mutations list does not scroll if it runs off of the screen.
B. If you try to buy every single mutation, when you get down to the last possible one to buy (Photosynthetic Skin, in my case), the game freezes.

Neither of these are things that will really pop up in a fair game, but there you have it, unormal.

By the way unormal, why are we only allowed a single mutation defect total?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 25, 2011, 08:11:29 pm »

Is there a list of wishes you cna make ? ( I am messing around with cheating  :P I am trying to find a way to spawn fuel for the flamethrower, and shotgun shells )

Also is their a lsit of weapons ?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 25, 2011, 08:17:20 pm »

Is there a list of wishes you cna make ? ( I am messing around with cheating  :P I am trying to find a way to spawn fuel for the flamethrower, and shotgun shells )
Not really.

Nope. However, here's the list of all the melee weapon materials I've encountered so far: Bronze, Iron, Steel, Carbide, Folded Carbide, Fullerite, and Metametal. Just add them to the start of the melee weapon wish, like Steel Longsword, and you'll get a steel longsword.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 25, 2011, 08:30:15 pm »

That was hilarious. Ok I was walking around in some jungles whn I run into like thirty enemies. I am just sitting there and I unload like 10 shotgun shells on them ( I am using a combat shotugn ) then thinking I had a High explosive grenade equipped I throw it at them. Turns out it was a Hand E Nuke I died, but took them with me.  :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 25, 2011, 08:31:23 pm »

Not really.

Nope. However, here's the list of all the melee weapon materials I've encountered so far: Bronze, Iron, Steel, Carbide, Folded Carbide, Fullerite, and Metametal. Just add them to the start of the melee weapon wish, like Steel Longsword, and you'll get a steel longsword.

And where do the funny named weapons fit into that list that don't have a material idenfitier? Like the Svensword.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 25, 2011, 09:54:21 pm »

I assume its for balance purposes.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 25, 2011, 09:58:56 pm »

But the defects are defects. The harm they bring to you alone serves to balance your mutations.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 25, 2011, 10:02:15 pm »

From my experiences, the temperature system is b0rken. With my Mutant Nomad I mentioned earlier, combining a sun veil with the Weathered skill completely removed the "You take damage from being on fire!" message. Highly entertaining to run around at temperatures exceeding 1000°C without combusting into ash, especially when facing fire-flinging enemies who used to rupture me apart pretty quickly.

But the defects are defects. The harm they bring to you alone serves to balance your mutations.

Also, MetalSlimeHunt, I disagree. I believe someone made the point earlier in this topic about how it discourages "munchkinism," and that's true. Were I able to pile up defects in exchange for more Mutation Points, I certainly would. Some of the defects can be mitigated very easily.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 25, 2011, 10:18:46 pm »

Not allowing stacking defects is a good thing. Honestly, I run Espers a lot, but if I could stack defects, I might dump esper for analgesia, cold blooded, spontaneous combustion, and amnesia. That's ten more mutation points. Thick Fur negates spontaneous, leaving you with a total of 21 points to get mutations, with limited downsides. Heck, combustion + cold blooded might mean you move horrifically fast occasionally, depending on if cold blooded is capped at normal speed or not.

Lets see, 21 points, neither esper nor chimaera. Regeneration, photosynthetic skin, multiple legs, heightened speed, carapace. That should effectively render you unkillable.

Edit: Metamorphasis is broken. I know its on the broken extra choices, so its more of a general warning to everyone else. You lose all your skills, your mutations, and you can't morph back. However, you can chose to morph into the Warden initially, and that makes things funny in the beginning.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:39:52 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 25, 2011, 10:38:45 pm »

How has apparently no one ever reported that the "7 for (left screen) || 9 for (right screen)" management navigation only actually works on about half the pages?  Pressing 7 will always work, but pressing 9 only navigates back on like two or three of the options.  Most notably, pressing 9 on the Inventory screen does not take you to the Equipment screen, and in fact does nothing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 25, 2011, 10:42:47 pm »

I think its based off of numlock and such. For instance, I'm using a laptop, and using fn + 7 or 9 always works on all screens, since fn + 7 or 9 is part of the fake numpad. The 7 or 9 at the top of the keyboard is probably considered something else by the program, so doesn't quite work.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 250