Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570237 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1350 on: March 23, 2011, 12:31:12 am »

There is a one point physical mutation that allows just that. Rather fast, and I think you can actually drink it for thirst quenching.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 23, 2011, 12:31:50 am »

I just want to throw slime at people dwarf fortress style.
Acid aswell, but mainly slime.
*sneezes*

Sorry.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 23, 2011, 12:36:11 am »

I just want to throw slime at people dwarf fortress style.
Acid aswell, but mainly slime.
*sneezes*

Sorry.

Now if only dwarves could sneeze back when thrown things did major dammage, and the whole infection/plague thing was there also.
Just get your dwarves sick, and taa daa, you have a fully qualified military.

---
Back on topic.
Anyone ever met a elfen dwarf troll, or something along those lines.
GREAT xp at low low costs. come in swarms aswell
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 23, 2011, 12:36:43 am »

Kindle is a surprisingly good mutation, for 1 point.
Although it doesn't level up, you can still set enemies on fire :D
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 23, 2011, 12:51:12 am »

Now if only dwarves could sneeze back when thrown things did major dammage, and the whole infection/plague thing was there also.
Just get your dwarves sick, and taa daa, you have a fully qualified military.
Don't worry, Failcannon is already working on biological warfare :P

Anyways. *download*

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 23, 2011, 12:53:15 am »

I had to speak of king giant eyeless crabs didnt i...

Freaking HEAPS of them now...
its like being level 3 all over again, but this time i have two overloaded LAZER PISTOLS, MWAHAHAHAHAHAAH.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 23, 2011, 01:20:51 am »

I'd like to report a bug. Accidentally killed and got a girshling before accepting the watervine quest. The quest might be broken in that case, since it apprently didn't keep track of me going to redrock or spotting one.

I think it also stopped the river from spawning.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:25:12 am by chaoticag »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 23, 2011, 12:12:33 pm »

I'd like to report a bug. Accidentally killed and got a girshling before accepting the watervine quest. The quest might be broken in that case, since it apprently didn't keep track of me going to redrock or spotting one.

I think it also stopped the river from spawning.
Worked fine for me. You might be screwed if you killed all the girshlings though.

Anyway, could someone help? I went to Golgotha, but the quest doesnt say Im in there. The game call the place golgotha trash chute, so do I need to go in another building than the one you get when you travel from the map or something? I went to the bottom and dont see any side passages either, hell I even tried to dig my own with acid gas grenades to no result.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1358 on: March 23, 2011, 01:06:26 pm »

As far as finding fresh water, the lair of the ape god has loads of it. Every few squares has a pool with 10 water in it. It's full of albino apes, ogre apes, and various other ape creatures.

I also found a bunch of nuggets down there. I wound up with like 10 gold nuggets by the time I was done, mostly from chests (the chests are hard to spot though, they're hidden under trees, I had to run around stepping on trees looking for them).
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 23, 2011, 07:33:03 pm »

Bug (it might already be reported though): Hostile creatures without ranged attack gather around flying creatures. They just stand there, and you can proceed to kill them (they start to fight back after a while, but you can just walk right next to them and they ignore you).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 23, 2011, 08:00:50 pm »

That's no bug, they're busy birdwatching :3

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 23, 2011, 08:10:01 pm »

*AI will no-longer use sunder mind without visibility
*Fixed an issue with an NPC having Kindle causing the AI to sit around doing nothing (this also fixes sunder mind spam)
*Forcefields should no longer break monster pathfinding and aggro
*Monsters will now attempt to deal with flying combat targets in a more reasonable manner
*Fixed a few issues where phyiscal mutations were incorrectly displaying the ego penalty or bonus
*Voider Glands and several Pelts will no-longer be auto-eaten

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 23, 2011, 08:28:36 pm »

That was awfully fast, unormal. Is your bugfixing body giving telepathic messages to your bay12-browsing body?

Regardless woo update!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1363 on: March 23, 2011, 10:48:50 pm »

Just made a new char, this time starting with psychometry (I like the reduced power usage thing :D) and 3x unstable mutations. So far I have flying and multiple legs at level 3 (first time I've ever got two mutations in two levels). It seems to like giving me multiple legs as a choice quite a lot. :o I'm just glad multiple legs was in the mix, the other two choices were horns and slime glands. And I picked the wings over night vision and two headed. Somehow sprouting wings seemed more interesting than suddenly having a second head or being able to see in the dark.

So my char has multiple legs and wings. Thats 8 limbs so far, if he happens to get multiple arms as his next mutation he'll have ten. I can't help but imagine him as some kind of pegasus centaur. If he gets the multiple arms too I might have to reimagine him as some kind of flying arachnid.

This will be the first time I've played a char with wings. Does the 2x travel speed apply to zoomed out travel only?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 23, 2011, 11:05:19 pm »

Bug: Glowfish just flew out of the water at me. He landed right next to me, and didn't die (from it). Nothing threw him and i hadn't attacked him, mabey he charged me(?). I killed him the next turn, to check out if the square he was in wasn't water and i was going crazy (it wasn't).
Don't think i could reproduce it.
I used the version released a day or two ago.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 250