Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569612 times)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2010, 10:25:10 pm »

the -console worked, and this game is amazing. It is kinda easy though. I haven't played a rogue-like for a while but this seems really easy. I am a regular human, Praetorian, still using the starting sword, but have a shit-ton of guns, grenades and health injectors. A swarm of those buggers (the purple x's) almost killed me because I was damaged from before, pulled out my guns 1 by 1 and raped them. A musket, shotgun, revolver, and the starting rifle.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2010, 10:26:41 pm »

Just FYI; Lots of good bugs fixed over the last couple days, check the private patch thread below. Every time I post in it, I've uploaded a new build. So grab the latest next time you fire it up! Glad you guys are enjoying it!

http://forums.freeholdentertainment.com/showthread.php?6-Caves-of-Qud-Private-Version-History/page20
Oh, thanks for linking to that thread.

I must say, this game is quickly taking up a lot of my time.

*Reduced steam damage
Thank goodness. That was needed. I mean, 24 damage from steam alone instakilled me once.

*Reduced the quills level of Quillipedes to 3 from 5

*Evil laughter* Looks like I'm going to be able to get some revenge soon.

Also, anyone who is trying to steal from Argvye, the elder or the trader in the latest version.
NPCs will return to their home location if they get bored and have nothing to do
That means it won't work anymore. So you're going to have to skip stealing from them.

Also, the elder is ridiculously easy to kill despite being at impossible difficulty. So you can just kill him while the door's closed and no one will care. I suggest you finish the watervine eater quest first though, otherwise you won't get the reward for finishing it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 10:44:27 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2010, 05:14:22 am »

This game is crazy good, and seemingly came out of nowhere. I've only tried mutant so far, but it has been a lot of fun. Wings let me use my revolvers out of the range of things that would have otherwise wrecked me. Flaming hands is fun. Space-time vortex is... dangerous.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2010, 06:03:47 am »

Just wondering, but is it a bad idea (for later in the game) to kill argyve?

I know he sells data disks and scrap, and supposing you buy it all, does it restock with different stuff? If so then I may be screwed going on the tinker-path  :o
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2010, 06:52:18 am »

I was wondering about restocking in general. I need more lead slugs, and they are currently at a premium. Irritatingly, the dromad is also out of all food items! I can't find a key to sleep the night away, either, so I'm hunting and foraging to survive despite a massive amount of fresh water to sell. (120 lbs or so of it!)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2010, 07:58:00 am »

*Reduced steam damage
Looks like its time to have another game with flaming hands.
*Reduced the weight of raw butchered meat
Hell yeah.

EDIT: I managed to start while carrying too much. An excellent beginning.
EDIT2: I can make lead slugs, sweeeeeet.
EDIT3: I accidentally got caught stealing by farmers and by killing them I got 100 vinewafers. No one else in town noticed, so Im really lucky this game.

Also, does anyone know how boosters and regenera aoutoinjectors work? How long do they last?
And suppressive fire says its chance is 3xaMod%. I would like to know what aMod stands for.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:06:04 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2010, 10:13:07 am »

*Reduced steam damage
Looks like its time to have another game with flaming hands.
*Reduced the weight of raw butchered meat
Hell yeah.

EDIT: I managed to start while carrying too much. An excellent beginning.
EDIT2: I can make lead slugs, sweeeeeet.
EDIT3: I accidentally got caught stealing by farmers and by killing them I got 100 vinewafers. No one else in town noticed, so Im really lucky this game.

Also, does anyone know how boosters and regenera aoutoinjectors work? How long do they last?
And suppressive fire says its chance is 3xaMod%. I would like to know what aMod stands for.

aMod means your agility modifer, in this case. Not particularly clear wording.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2010, 10:16:56 am »

Ah, thanks. How do I determine my agility modifier? It the number next to my agility?

And a hint for everyone else, if you see an expensive artifact in a store, buy it. I ended up with an electrobow and am currently murdering baboons.

EDIT: Apparently aim doesnt work with bows? The skill description says you should be able to do it with bows.
EDIT2: I have found the awesomest door! If you go through it from the left, the game freezes. Anyone want the save to see for themselves?
EDIT3: Apparently looking at the door causes the game to freeze.
EDIT4: But only when looking from the left. I do believe this is the weirdest bug I have ever seen.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:06:30 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2010, 12:34:16 pm »

Ohhhh updates, awesome!

I've found, as far as starting the game goes, that if I take my time, am careful with each step, and clear out all the areas on the way to Redrock, I am strong enough by the time I get to the caves that I can make it through.  It's all about being careful with each action and step, however - I tend to die when I'm walking back to town and don't notice that an enemy is coming towards me, then I get smushed.

As for food, I think the harvesting skill is worth having. You can collect 10 vine wafers at a time from any vine, so you don't have to worry quite so much about food supplies.

EDIT: To download the latest version do we just go to the same download page and re-install, or is there a patch-only file we can download somewhere?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:59:03 pm by Sappho »

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2010, 12:57:49 pm »

Ah, thanks. How do I determine my agility modifier? It the number next to my agility?

And a hint for everyone else, if you see an expensive artifact in a store, buy it. I ended up with an electrobow and am currently murdering baboons.

EDIT: Apparently aim doesnt work with bows? The skill description says you should be able to do it with bows.
EDIT2: I have found the awesomest door! If you go through it from the left, the game freezes. Anyone want the save to see for themselves?
EDIT3: Apparently looking at the door causes the game to freeze.
EDIT4: But only when looking from the left. I do believe this is the weirdest bug I have ever seen.

Send the primary.sav to support at freeholdentertainment dotcom

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2010, 01:02:16 pm »

I have a small request, oh kind rogue-like maker.

Could you make it so whenever in the normal gameplay screen, as in, when you're actually playing your character and moving around, your game doesn't use nearly 100% of the cpu? As soon as I open any menu, the game drops to a normal cpu usage.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2010, 01:09:43 pm »

I have a small request, oh kind rogue-like maker.

Could you make it so whenever in the normal gameplay screen, as in, when you're actually playing your character and moving around, your game doesn't use nearly 100% of the cpu? As soon as I open any menu, the game drops to a normal cpu usage.

Hit F11 to disable animations if CPU utilization is a big concern.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2010, 01:11:34 pm »

Oh, I could do that yes, but I don't really want to disable animations. You could perhaps make it update only 10 times a second instead of over 9000? That would help and keep animations up.

It's just a suggestion that would make your game more enjoyable without getting rid of the cool animation feature.

The second reason would be that, with animations disabled, the screen is soon filled up with tiles that wont go away, like *HIT*... *BLOCK* .. and things like that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:20:24 pm by Soulwynd »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2010, 01:55:42 pm »

Whatever you do, dont have it hardcoded. I want my animations.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2010, 02:34:35 pm »

Whatever you do, dont have it hardcoded. I want my animations.
Oh, I don't mean to get rid of them. What I mean is that I think it can be handled, keeping the same animation fluid looks, without eating quite a lot of cpu time.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 250