Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570082 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1170 on: March 20, 2011, 04:30:57 pm »

at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()
   at XRL.World.SerializationReader.ReadOptimizedInt32() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Serialization\FastSerializer.cs:line 3459
   at XRL.World.SerializationReader..ctor(Stream stream) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Serialization\FastSerializer.cs:line 3167
   at XRL.XRLGame.LoadGame(String GameName) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Game.cs:line 389
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.LoadGame(String GameName) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 1837
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.SaveManagement() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 1992
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.Start() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 2396
   at XRL.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.EntryPoint.cs:line 70

I am positive it saved just fine and the character was not bugged or anything. I had wished for a couple things if that matters, though.

It looks like you're trying to load an older saved game with a new version. Most updates will break saved game compatability. In some cases it won't, but it's better to assume that it will.

Unfortunately, no. The save game was from the newest version at the time of writing, trying to be opened in the newest version. Unless save files somehow carry over between extracted zips of the public builds, that is.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 20, 2011, 04:37:45 pm »

What is the attack button ?

Just walk in the direction of a creature you're next to.
I get this feeling you've played DF a lot.
Also, CTRL+direction force-attacks things.

Ctrl+direction attacking becomes necessary when you want to hack down that odd mangrove tree that blocks your passage in a narrow corridor, or for simply opening up lines of fire.
Or killing neutral or friendly NPCs, like the Zealot or Elder.
Or to dig walls. It's a really neat feature I appreciate :P. You can basically make your own dungeons.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 20, 2011, 05:06:03 pm »

So I was tasked the quest 'Raising Indrix' in the jungle village. He told me it was north of the river and I've been following the river for a while, killing madpoles where ever I found any. Is this a quest that's not ready yet or is there a specific location in which I find my target location?

Note that he's not referring to the river that you see on the world map. While inside the village, head north one screen. There should be river there (I'd really call it a stream since it doesn't show on the world map). It generally heads east for a couple screens, then turns south for a couple more. You'll eventually come across a burning village with the quest target.

If you have Overland Encounters enabled, I think it is the purple A a few world map tiles away from the mushroom village.

Actually, having done this on a second character, it looks like the stream's path varies, but you can still follow it to eventually get to the guy. The quest location is a pink g on the world map.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:13:19 pm by Niveras »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 20, 2011, 05:30:55 pm »

I hate playing low ego tinkerers. Just start a new game as a pack rat tinker with massive strength and physical mutations, and Argyve has a Timecube datadisk. Absolute curiosity as to what this is got the better of me, so I wished for one, which I would have had to do anyway to make since it needed 2 of every top material to make. The end result of using it was, befuddling, lets go with that.

I have to know. Is there a hidden purpose to it? Don't need to know what it is, merely if there is something beyond the obvious.

Edit: Oh my. I think I found the answer. Wow. Quite a nifty item.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:34:48 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 20, 2011, 05:33:25 pm »

I think it's just an Easter Egg item overall, one big reference to the Timecube site.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 20, 2011, 05:38:18 pm »

I think it's just an Easter Egg item overall, one big reference to the Timecube site.
Nah. I've played with it a bit more. I have gleaned the time cube. Though it is a reference to the site, like the site it has a greater meaning.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 20, 2011, 07:43:06 pm »

Where can I sell stuff ? Is there a place in Joppa ?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 20, 2011, 07:44:35 pm »

There's a merchant, but I haven't been able to buy or sell anything yet.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 20, 2011, 07:47:21 pm »

*Ahem*wiki*ahem*
*Hugs*

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 20, 2011, 07:52:17 pm »

Nvm I found him, and sold him a couple of corpses, weapons, and shields I got 7 Vinewafers, and 69 Drams of water.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 20, 2011, 08:01:19 pm »

Nuggets are the best currency. They weigh less than water and always cost the same value.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 20, 2011, 08:02:21 pm »

But you can't douse fires with money if you exchange your water for metal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 20, 2011, 08:02:56 pm »

And you can't eat money!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 20, 2011, 08:04:21 pm »

Those are not counter-arguments. I didn't say "replace all water with money", I meant "keep the amount of water you need" and put the rest into currency. Also, stillsuits.

And you don't need water to douse fires. Just spend one turn to stop it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:06:47 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 20, 2011, 08:08:22 pm »

But you can't douse fires with money if you exchange your water for metal.
You can grab some salt water. It works too.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 250