Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570058 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1125 on: March 20, 2011, 09:39:53 am »

How do you wish?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 20, 2011, 09:50:04 am »

Thinking I would be clever and correctly guess the new liquid with a wish command, I typed in "oil" and now I have an "Oil" mutation that I don't think does anything  ???
Oil is not the new liquid. I know this because I wished for a "Demon" and got....you should really just see for yourself. It might be a spoiler, I genuinely have no idea. The point is that I still have the older version, and this wish summoned somthing that had a flamethrower on it, with Oil in that flamethrower. He also drops an interesting item that can't be taken off.

How do you wish?
What man could not know how to [Ctrl+W]ish?

EDIT: Oh yeah, try wishing for "Salt Kraken". That's Fun.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:54:44 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 20, 2011, 09:57:15 am »

The man who didn't read the entire command list.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 20, 2011, 10:01:47 am »

Eh, krakens are neutral.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 20, 2011, 10:16:02 am »

Ok, done with making the page. I guess pages for the individual Skill trees would be appropriate?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 20, 2011, 10:18:48 am »

Eh, krakens are neutral.
That doesn't mean you can't attack them anyway. They do about 200 damage a turn, have high armor, and even higher HP. The corpse weighs 40,000 pounds and has a unique discription. I love the Hand-E-Nuke.

EDIT: I think all my screwing around is starting to break the game. I'm a True Human who has somehow gotten an unusable "Immunity" mutation, Adrenal Control, and an Evil Twin (whom I just killed).

EDIT2: And now I somehow have Level 11 Analytical Genius for no apparent reason.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:00:51 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 20, 2011, 11:22:52 am »

For those of you who don't watch the How did you last die? thread. Hand-held nukes. I'll take five.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 20, 2011, 11:29:17 am »

Spoiler: The Amaranthine Prism (click to show/hide)
No Gods, No Masters.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 20, 2011, 11:39:50 am »

Glass cannon mutants go!

The item is actually the goal of a quest from the goat in the mushroom village. He doesn't want you to equip it. I didn't think to save before handing it in, to see what happens if you do (but he probably attacks you). As it is, even with 28 ego (+6 modifier to esper powers) my cryo- and pyro-kinesis are so powerful that they frequently destroy items dropped by the enemies they kill. Sad panda face.

Thinking I would be clever and correctly guess the new liquid with a wish command, I typed in "oil" and now I have an "Oil" mutation that I don't think does anything  ???

The new liquid must be something else, since oil was already in. It is used as fuel for flamethrowers, though flamethrowers and oil both are so rare that I have only seen maybe 50 drams total across ~50 levels (not all of them the same character, the farthest I've gotten so far is level 28 and a new quest to destroy some plantation). Maybe they become more common as you move east. Now that I think of it, maybe you'll get a lot so you can burn down the plantation?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 20, 2011, 11:48:46 am »

Added the start of the Argyve Questline to the wiki.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 20, 2011, 11:53:45 am »

Gonna crosspost for sheepbiter here - To be honest, I don't think typing out the dialogue for the entire quest is necessary, for the longer quests this could become very tiresome to read through.

The layout I was thinking of was the quest summary first, which contained the ingame objective list, and a detailed walkthrough, which contained a more in depth run of the quest. Thoughts on this? The Biter of Sheep 16:09, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
*Hugs*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 20, 2011, 11:56:21 am »

I have encountered a Great Magma Crab. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like. Yes, I am still screaming in terror as I type this post.

Also, I found out somthing interesting. Apparently, because Caves of Qud tracks temperature, if you get too absurdly hot (as it, way, way past simply being on fire) you'll be instakilled by being Vaporized.
No Gods, No Masters.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 20, 2011, 12:29:05 pm »

Acid isn't the new liquid, is it? I doubt it. I just died gloriously by trying to fill a waterskin with delicious acid. But I think I remember it from previous versions when I went underground.

Also, I found out somthing interesting. Apparently, because Caves of Qud tracks temperature, if you get too absurdly hot (as it, way, way past simply being on fire) you'll be instakilled by being Vaporized.

I found this out the hard way when I tried to burn my way to another screen of the underground with super duper flaming hands. Protip: don't touch a billion degrees hot steam.

EDIT: unormal I was trying to load a character file and I got

RunSegment:System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()
   at XRL.World.SerializationReader.ReadOptimizedInt32() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Serialization\FastSerializer.cs:line 3459
   at XRL.World.SerializationReader..ctor(Stream stream) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Serialization\FastSerializer.cs:line 3167
   at XRL.XRLGame.LoadGame(String GameName) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Game.cs:line 389
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.LoadGame(String GameName) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 1837
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.SaveManagement() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 1992
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.Start() in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.Core.cs:line 2396
   at XRL.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args) in X:\Documents\Programming\C#\XRL\XRL Application\Game Core\XRL.EntryPoint.cs:line 70

I am positive it saved just fine and the character was not bugged or anything. I had wished for a couple things if that matters, though.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:34:48 pm by freeformschooler »

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 20, 2011, 12:36:42 pm »

I'll take a look, but wishing voids your game's warranty.  :D

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 20, 2011, 12:37:58 pm »

Ahaha, okay. The only things I had wished for were a "greatsword" which game me some sort of super sword and then something else that gave me a bat to fight and then kill. Thanks for responding though. I think I might still have the save file if you want it.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 250