Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570022 times)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1110 on: March 19, 2011, 10:40:39 pm »

Anyone with a 9xx intel or similar low-end chipset where the OpenGL console didn't work before want to try this build out and see if it works now?

*Rewrite of the OpenGL console to better support lower end machines
*1 new liquid
*Added a new 'Set Bomb' activated ability to the Lay Mine skill
*When flying you may exit to the world map even if hostiles are nearby
*Added a somewhat more noticable animation to electrical discharge arcs

(You guys are welcome to post TVTropes or Wikis or whatever you want)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 19, 2011, 10:47:05 pm »

Unormal, I'm just curious, but what's the "RoguePaint" program for? Is it some sort of creature tile changing tool?

Ed: And what purpose does world.bmp have?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:48:42 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 19, 2011, 10:49:33 pm »

Unormal, I'm just curious, but what's the "RoguePaint" program for? Is it some sort of creature tile changing tool?

It's a development tool, we use it to game maps and ascii screens with it. I include it so it's easy for the other dev to grab a copy that matches the current version :)

I'll take it out of a 'real' release; and use it at your own risk, since it'll happily overwrite your game data files.

World.bmp shouldn't be in newer builds, you can (try to) dump a bmp screenshot of the entire surface world at 1px per cell by wishing for "worldbmp", but I'm not sure it can make it all the way through atm.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:53:41 pm by unormal »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 19, 2011, 10:51:12 pm »

And what purpose does world.bmp have anyway? It's HUGE, yet nearly empty.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 19, 2011, 11:29:35 pm »

Is there any way to find out detailed stats about a non player character? Cheaty ways.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:32:00 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 19, 2011, 11:36:23 pm »

I wonder what is the "new liquid"? Also do you plan to make missing locations (6 day stilt, that spire I don't remember the name of) in a near future?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 19, 2011, 11:43:12 pm »

I saw honey earlier, but this is even newer. Should be fun to find out.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 19, 2011, 11:47:03 pm »

I've seen magma leaking through the edge of the map on occasion before, so it isn't that either. I really wanted to jump in the magma to see what would happen, but....

Temptation can be hard to resist somtimes, but I never thought I'd be tempted to willingly jump into molten rock.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 19, 2011, 11:49:41 pm »

Magma, maybe? Prepostedit darn.

I've seen magma leaking through the edge of the map on occasion before, so it isn't that either. I really wanted to jump in the magma to see what would happen, but....

Temptation can be hard to resist somtimes, but I never thought I'd be tempted to willingly jump into molten rock.
Why? Are you scared?

Hmmm... maybe it's tar? Glue? Something like that?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 20, 2011, 12:17:04 am »

Well, because there wasn't one I contracted a friend to start a wiki, so here is is, it's very bare at the moment, being that it's only an hour old.
He'll do more work on it tomorrow, but it's late now.
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 20, 2011, 01:44:20 am »

I just typed out all the dialogue from the What's Eating The Watervine quest onto the wiki. Goddamn that took a while. It may be a little crude, but it took waaay too long to type in anyway. That's enough editing today. Man.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 20, 2011, 08:57:57 am »

The fuck? I tried to talk to Mehmet and ended up killing the dude. Huh?

Ok, creating the skills page. Feel free to correct it when I screw it up.

This will be my template:

[-]Acrobatics [100sp]
  • -Dodge [0 sp, 18 Agi],
  • -Jump [150 sp, 18 Str]
  • -Tumble [250sp, 26 Agi, Juke]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:11:32 am by Darvi »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 20, 2011, 09:24:24 am »

You surely do it slowly :). Good job at starting it though!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 20, 2011, 09:29:43 am »

I'm at endurance now.

Do the skills you start with as a mutant depend on what mutations you have?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:48 am »

Thinking I would be clever and correctly guess the new liquid with a wish command, I typed in "oil" and now I have an "Oil" mutation that I don't think does anything  ???
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 250