Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569994 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1065 on: March 19, 2011, 08:21:10 am »

How do you cook stuff?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 19, 2011, 08:22:24 am »

Meh. Give me a good pistol, lase, force bubble, and force wall any day.

No clue on the cooking.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 19, 2011, 09:00:37 am »

What weapons count as cudgels?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

shaihulud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 19, 2011, 10:22:02 am »

hello all, i just wonder is this game playable in console mode at all or is it just me. I was facing this wierd problem once i got into the main title screen, everytime when i try to press a buttom the console box just kept resizing itself, and when i actually trying to start a game it just keep resizing till it crashes...

anyone knows why? thanks

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 19, 2011, 10:25:26 am »

On difficulty: I'd say it is pretty easy. It's still a roguelike and there are still some "gotchas!" until you learn it twirks*. Beta is beta, so some things don't work or need tuning. AV is king, raise it at the expense of everything.

Cooking: doesn't exist, you eat food raw. You can also eat corpses and it looks to me like there is no side effect in most cases (not like DCSS where you might get Sick, for example), unless you're eating while you're already full/quenched. Supposedly with the Butchery skill you'll collect way more food than you ever need.

Cudgels: any blunt weapon. Staves, hammers, clubs.

*Example, use the world map to get to Redrock for your first quest, don't walk there via the regional map: you might run into creatures that you just can't deal with yet, and if you do't have any means of sleep/freeze/stun you pretty much can't escape them, and I don't think the guys at Joppa will help you kill them if you can even get there in time.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 19, 2011, 10:33:05 am »

Actually, I'd walk to the rust caves first and ignore redrock initially. Much safer.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 19, 2011, 12:03:18 pm »

So I've been using a chaingun I found schematics for and built right away. This thing... Only problem with it is the huge amount of slugs it swallows up. Anything I point it at dies messily.
What did you expect from a chaingun? Sniper rifle accuracy? :P
You know, there are scoped versions of all of the guns I've seen so far....

I thought I was joking when I typed this post. I just built a scoped chaingun. Nothing is real anymore.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 19, 2011, 12:10:23 pm »

You'd think they'd freak out if a crazy mutant dashed through Joppa digging through all walls in his path, but no.
Hehe.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 19, 2011, 12:36:47 pm »

Figures. I dive a rust cave, run out of ammo on the 3rd floor, and start gathering up items to do a bulk recoiler back to joppa to buy out the data discs, and I stupidly get an overflow from stacking too many items. I think it may be time to double the size of the array.

That character was doing amazing too, just picked up burgeoning as 5th power.

Edit: Speaking of burgeoning, I took that unwanted germination defect to test it out, killed Tam accidentally after about 5 turns. Fortunately, no one turned hostile to me, and the plants don't seem to attack me, but that might be because I also have burgeoning.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:54:35 pm by beorn080 »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 19, 2011, 12:58:51 pm »

So, I was messing around with the wish command since it has a tendency to produce interesting objects, and I decided to wish for an "8". It sent me to an endless undefined area with a diffrent world map, called "SerenityWorld". That was...unexpected.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 19, 2011, 01:44:08 pm »

I thought I was joking when I typed this post. I just built a scoped chaingun. Nothing is real anymore.
Scoped rocket launcher, man. Scoped rocket launcher. The chaingun vaguely makes sense if you fire in bursts, but the rocket launcher...

So, I was messing around with the wish command since it has a tendency to produce interesting objects, and I decided to wish for an "8". It sent me to an endless undefined area with a diffrent world map, called "SerenityWorld". That was...unexpected.
Yeah, found that place myself with crazy wizarding before. No enemies, trees everywhere, it's... kinda like someone's idea of heaven. If I had to guess it was made for the dev to play around.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 19, 2011, 01:51:58 pm »

Interestingly enough, wishing for Girsh Mother I-can't-remember-how-to-spell-the-last-part gave me an empty cage.
No Gods, No Masters.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 19, 2011, 01:59:56 pm »

swarm racks seem to be a bit overweight ... 150 would be ok, but 1500?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 19, 2011, 02:07:20 pm »

I don't think you're ever intended to use swarm racks as anything more than a stationary weapon, if that. The only things that I've ever seen carrying one are Chrome Pyramids, which should probably be a hint to their intended use.
No Gods, No Masters.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 19, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »

So where do you all usually find merchants at? I just got an incredible luck-out and found a dromad merchant two screens north of Joppa. He sells some really interesting items including one that costs around 1100 drams. I can only spectate as to what the hell that is.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 250