Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: P.I. - Awareness  (Read 2988 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
P.I. - Awareness
« on: December 17, 2010, 03:55:30 am »

P.I.

Who Am I?

What am I from?

This feels so different.

This isn't me.

Yet I exist.

...Why?

A blinding jolt. You feel ethereal; as though you invariably fall through the same life, reliving your final moments.
    You feel verve as you perceive your soul slowly restoring.
    You note a blurry aura take over your... what's it called?

Vision.

As your perception broadens, you realize the aura begin to move.
    The aura is, in fact, many entities whizzing; progressing from left to right before being replaced by a clone.
    Once again, your vision darkens.
    As you begin to embrace this darkness, more entities appear at the lower right side of your vision:
    12/18/2308

As you have most likely figured out, this will be a Science Fiction game. I am initially accepting 5 players. To join, just post a name for your character (base off a human name from any era) and their gender. Your character will be very customizable a bit later. Game mechanics will be based off of the d20 and d100, though rolls will be hidden for role-playing purposes.

This game's mood will be quite serious.

Characters

• Abscissus (rarborman)
    • Chuck Finley (V-Norrec)
    • Faust (Glacies)
    • Virgil (rooot)
    • Open Slot
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:25:14 pm by CoughDrop »
    "It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: P.I. - Jolt
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 04:29:45 am »

Ahhhh shoot, you want a real name. . . mmmkay.

Faustus, Male

Why not hit up both Faust, as in Faustian Bargains with the Devil, and Faustus the ancient Roman name all in one!!!  I got it all figured out :P

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
    • Why? I have no idea.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 05:16:53 am »

Caesar, male
    I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
    you cannot defeat the potato.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
    • Penguin Dungonmaster
      • View Profile
      • dice
    « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:51:39 am »

Abscissus, male.
    "But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 06:20:38 am »

Faust.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 12:01:12 pm »

"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

rooot

• Escaped Lunatic
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 12:02:43 pm »

Virgil, male.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 12:05:49 pm »

And that's our last player.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 12:15:38 pm »

Wow, I think that's about 4 of 5 Roman names in a Science Fiction game.  I'm awesome.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 01:22:42 pm »

Abscissus & Faust
    More characters flash within your vision:
    'Initializing Drudge Subroutine
    Error... Insufficient Power
    Initializing Projection'
    You feel as though you are being sucked through a tube. Instantly, you acquire the senses of sight, hearing, and touch. Your eyes dart around, taking in your surroundings. You appear to be entombed within a metal casing which has a porthole window. The window, however, is obstructed, yet allowing enough light in for you to see. This all seems quite familiar, but you can't seem to remember anything. More characters flash by:
    'Warning: Systems 1 through 14 OFFLINE... Insufficient Power'
    The front half of your sarcophagus hisses open, revealing a large rusted domed chamber. There is a single light source emanating from above the chamber. Three yards in front of you there is another sarcophagus. This sarcophagus is facing you and it's door open... did you see something move within it? You feel you have power over your... body.

Virgil
    Initializing Projection'
    You feel as though you are being sucked through a tube. Instantly, you acquire the senses of sight, hearing, and touch. Your eyes dart around, taking in your surroundings. You appear to be entombed within a metal casing which has a porthole window. The window, however, is obstructed, yet allowing enough light in for you to see. This all seems quite familiar, but you can't seem to remember anything. More characters flash by:
    'Warning: Systems 1 through 17 OFFLINE... Insufficient Power'
    The front half of your sarcophagus hisses open, revealing a large rusted domed chamber. There is a single light source emanating from above the chamber. Three yards in front of you there is another sarcophagus. This sarcophagus is facing you... but it is closed and has a red light flashing above it. You feel you have power over your... body.

Faustus
    Initializing Projection'
    You feel as though you are being sucked through a tube. You feel yourself slam against a hard object and the tube seems to spit you out as quickly as it had sucked you in.
    'Error... Unknown Entity obstructing Upload'
    You feel you can do nothing. Damn!

Caesar
    A ringing in your ears slowly brings you consciousness. You feel you are swimming in a pool of warm syrup. As you gain more feeling, you realize that you are cold, neigh freezing. Forcefully you open your eyes revealing that your pool is quite smaller than you first thought. It seems you are in a transparent vertical tube as you feel the walls of your confinement with your hands. There is a light emanating from below your pool. You suddenly notice there is a mask attached to your face along with a tube leading above you. As the pool seems to get colder and colder, you begin to panic, fearing for your life. The thought of breaking out of your tube occurs to you. What do you do? 

Actions may consist of trying to figure out what all your options are (i.e. attempt to move or speak) or you can look at your general surroundings. This is basic freedom of turns (you can do many actions in the same turn) until one of you specifies to go into turns or combat begins.
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:29:59 pm by CoughDrop »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 01:33:57 pm »

Attempt to look around.  Feel around with my hands (assuming I have them) to see if I can feel anything.  Determine physical capabilities at the present time.
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 02:36:32 pm by V-Norrec »

rooot

• Escaped Lunatic
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 01:48:25 pm »

Attempt to determine body type

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
    • Penguin Dungonmaster
      • View Profile
      • dice
    Re: P.I. - Awareness
    « Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 02:11:34 pm »

Say "Hello?" to what might be in the sarcophagus and attempt to determine what or who is in the other sarcophagus, forcibly if need be.
    "But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 03:17:04 pm »

(Faustus is now known as Chuck Finley as requested by V-Norrec. There will be no more OoC (Out of Character) name changing from now on.)
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:30:40 pm by CoughDrop »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 05:14:42 pm »

Chuck
    Attempt to look around.  Feel around with my hands (assuming I have them) to see if I can feel anything.  Determine physical capabilities at the present time.
    You attempt to adjust your view to no avail - it seems as though your vision is fixated upon an unmoving screen. However, several seconds later, characters instantaneously appear: ''Neck_Rotate_-45°' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.' ...You don't seem to otherwise have any physical value that you're aware of.

Vigil
    Attempt to determine body type
    You try bringing your hands to your face, but only your left arm reacts. You grasp your right arm with your left hand and hear metal clank. Your body type is humanoid, though you are not human. Also, you don't seem to have control over your right arm.

Abscissus
    Say "Hello?" to what might be in the sarcophagus and attempt to determine what or who is in the other sarcophagus, forcibly if need be.
    You know that you have to figure out what's in the sarcophagus, but don't know how to do so. Oh, wait!- I remember that there was a way to communicate... You slowly form the memory of words in your mind and attempt to say "Hello?". You don't know what your voice should sound like, but that was definitely not it. It had a very mechanical, rigid, male tone.

Faust
    You hear a strange voice resonate from the sarcophagus in front of you. Though you clearly heard it, you don't understand what it meant.

I updated now simply because the actions made were for the most part, trivial.
    Pages: [1] 2