Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What do your engravers love to engrave?  (Read 2336 times)

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What do your engravers love to engrave?
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2010, 03:29:03 pm »

My dwarves seem obsessed with carving human warfare, and of dwarves chilling. Most all of the engravings in my fortress are of humans fighting goblins, trolls and other beasties. In most cases the humans are being slaughtered.

They also carve a lot of pictures of dwarves surrounded by dwarves, I suppose they might be complaining about overcrowding.

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 02:39:38 pm »

Cheese, cheese and MORE CHEESE.

I have statues and engravings EVERYWHERE about cheese. Dwarves surrounded by cheese. It's all delicious cheese.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 03:45:23 pm »

Forgotten Beasts, night creatures, and various subterranean creatures settling in the mountains.  I think the isolated fortress' position on an evil mountain range is getting to them...considering the local civilization is the Rope of Shade, it's not surprising.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

AllThingsLive

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn, I'm a sexy bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 02:31:00 am »

I've noticed them engraving tons of different dwarven revolutions.
If you haven't already, you MUST listen to the Joe Rogan Experience : http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/id360084272
Pages: 1 2 [3]