Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Blight of the Immortals: Great Long-Term Browser Strategy  (Read 14545 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blight of the Immortals: Great Long-Term Browser Strategy
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2013, 06:08:51 am »

I'm having tons of fun with this game; even if I'm getting trashed. The players are nice and friendly and often willing to help reclaim my lost towns and forts :)

Also, I'd like to draw attention to the other 2 games made by this company that both look equally good: Jupiter's Folly, a sci-fi game of "intrigue, trade and diplomacy" and Neptune's Pride, a long-term space 4x game. I'll almost certainly be trying this out later today if anyone else wants to try and get a game :)
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2013, 06:46:06 am »

I'm having fun and i've only just started.

Due to get first second (damn you raddish) blood in 3 hours. 65 strong zombie horde chargi ng my dwarven capital are gonna break there. i have real strategies appearing in my head that aren't charging relentlessly.

Oh, and i just found a town called beardcrypts. i swear they use the DF name generator for the dwarves.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2013, 06:52:08 am »

Due to get first second (damn you raddish) blood in 3 hours. 65 strong zombie horde chargi ng my dwarven capital are gonna break there. i have real strategies appearing in my head that aren't charging relentlessly.

Oh, and i just found a town called beardcrypts. i swear they use the DF name generator for the dwarves.

The name generator is kind of annoying. There are 2 Barnrams in my territory, and it's quite confusing.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2013, 08:32:44 am »

The name generator is kind of annoying. There are 2 Barnrams in my territory, and it's quite confusing.
Yeah I have the same thing. It's not even a name generator, just a preset map...
I tried Jupiter's Folly and it was eh, also nobody plays it soooo.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2013, 10:20:00 am »

They refuse to leave me alone.  I fear this will be a short goblin empire...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2013, 10:24:06 am »

in your situation i would just build a huge force to hold the wolfs den. not sure you have many other options available.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2013, 11:05:47 am »

So yeah i'm joining you guys on playing this game. Well, on a different server. (This one to be exact: http://blight.ironhelmet.com/game/27416583 )
Anything I should take in mind? D:

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2013, 11:23:45 am »

in your situation i would just build a huge force to hold the wolfs den. not sure you have many other options available.
I think he's totally capable of wrapping up the situation in the north at the moment, it's just the hobgoblins (and their ridiculous half damage taken innate) that are the issue. The elves of the east look like they may take out darkhall themselves, too.
I'd say ignore the south for the most part and wrap up your north, that hobgoblin horde is a massive threat but it might not even head for your main holdings. I would have sent the 15 hobgoblin army to whelp bait to prevent the elves from taking it, rather than reinforcing the 30 who are guaranteed to die.
45+10 should do 22 damage to the hobgoblin horde, leaving it with 58, which is still too much for the trolls to take on, also.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:25:35 am by Rakonas »

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2013, 11:56:06 am »

Yeah I don't really have a plan.  I am just moving stuff to test out what might work in the future.  Either I succeed from the jaws of death or I fail spectacularly.  Either way it is gonna be fun.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2013, 12:36:01 pm »

Hmmm..... you get a nice coin bonus for reclaiming land from the blight it seems. i wonder if it scales with the town population?

Experience also works on a 1 point/kill basis, at least when against level 1 troops.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:38:25 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2013, 12:40:21 pm »

Probably?

Marsh Stomping Trolls seem... not so great, compared to the Shaman's Fire thing.  Range seems too small to properly grab multiple zombie stacks, but that may be different on higher difficulty or later on, where there is multiple stacks.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2013, 01:46:50 pm »

Probably?

Marsh Stomping Trolls seem... not so great, compared to the Shaman's Fire thing.  Range seems too small to properly grab multiple zombie stacks, but that may be different on higher difficulty or later on, where there is multiple stacks.
Well, yeah. Trolls are already among the best units in game (0.67 coins per head, huge stacks and no insane debuff the ents get), so no reason to additionally give them a powerful ability.

Too bad this logic doesn't apply to cyclops, who get one of the best abilities in game (after wizards, shamans and probably stalkers (never used them)), get the second best scaling (after gnomes, but fuck them) and, again, large stacks. :-/

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2013, 01:50:02 pm »

Remember there are TWO parts of a race advantage

How powerful are Zombie Trolls though?

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2013, 02:00:52 pm »

I played one games ages ago, and I seem to recall Marsh Stomp being monstrously powerful, but fairly short range.
Almost doesn't seem worth the coins these days, unless you're trying to finish off scattering goblin zombies, or something

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2013, 02:20:05 pm »

Probably?

Well, yeah. Trolls are already among the best units in game (0.67 coins per head, huge stacks and no insane debuff the ents get), so no reason to additionally give them a powerful ability.

Too bad this logic doesn't apply to cyclops, who get one of the best abilities in game (after wizards, shamans and probably stalkers (never used them)), get the second best scaling (after gnomes, but fuck them) and, again, large stacks. :-/
Huh, when you say it that way... yea, they seem to have a high recruit rate.

I marsh stomped a size 60 zombie horde, with my size 60 troll horde.  I won that battle with 4 survivors.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9