Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Blight of the Immortals: Great Long-Term Browser Strategy  (Read 14557 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blight of the Immortals: Great Long-Term Browser Strategy
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2013, 07:35:37 pm »

Well, when I went to give this game a try I found an empty beginner game, here's the URL if you want to join.

join here

edit: made the link shorter, thanks for the info Seriyu.
The link actually doesn't work because you have http://URL thenthelinkhttp
ie: The Gleeful Dwarf Two spots open right now

greetings from the dwarves of the south :)
Greetings! This is my first game, so I'm probably going to be destroyed quickly especially since I have seemingly doable plans to deal with the two main hordes in my area already.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2013, 08:10:11 pm »

Hello, I've also jumped into a game with someone named Rakonas in it, who I can only assume is you.
I've got 35 orange and 50 purple coins I've no use for in this part of the world, if you're interested, though I can't send them your way today (I used up all my trades today on bribes).

I've also got a merchant town, and two fortresses with level four markets (green and blue). If you're interested in a bit of teamwork, I'd be interested in transferring control merchants to you, whom you could sit in my market towns, to spam their foreign trade power every day (spend 1 blue coin for two coins per market level of the color of the province), which would allow us to get some pretty nice coin generation on, together. Especially if I use my King's Men's ability to build merchant armies faster, which I definitely would.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2013, 08:12:44 pm »

I assume I am in the same game.  Never played before so this is gonna be interesting.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2013, 11:16:19 pm »

I assume I am in the same game.  Never played before so this is gonna be interesting.
Ah, my closest neighbour! We've already traded coins, too.
Tres, I'd send you coins in the other game (I'm in 2 atm for more practice) but I already sent my blues to the dwarves as I noticed you had spent your green coins.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2013, 12:44:06 am »

Raddish, are you in a game called the lonely troglodyte? Someone with the name raddish is in that game with me.

KillerFrogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2013, 03:12:58 am »

Raddish, are you in a game called the lonely troglodyte? Someone with the name raddish is in that game with me.

interesting, I'm actually in that game as well, I'm the one somewhat freaking out about the group of 33 undead fay taking the territory next to my capital :(

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2013, 03:40:41 am »

Well, when I went to give this game a try I found an empty beginner game, here's the URL if you want to join.

join here

edit: made the link shorter, thanks for the info Seriyu.
The link actually doesn't work because you have http://URL thenthelinkhttp
ie: The Gleeful Dwarf Two spots open right now

greetings from the dwarves of the south :)
Greetings! This is my first game, so I'm probably going to be destroyed quickly especially since I have seemingly doable plans to deal with the two main hordes in my area already.

Yup. In much the same position here :)

Edit, they moved. So my plan is slightly screwed :/ damn centaurs. This puts a slight dent in my 'push for the sea and defend' strategy.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:38:09 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2013, 04:23:55 am »

interesting, I'm actually in that game as well, I'm the one somewhat freaking out about the group of 33 undead fay taking the territory next to my capital :(

Yeah I thought I recognized you. I'm about to have a 60 cent hoard possibly and also a 30 cent shaman maybe coming onto me. Depends on the number generator. The only thing I dislike about the game is the slow, slow speed. And the cost for premium for a browser game isn't worth it no matter what features I get. I'm not sure I'll still be playing 3 months from now.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2013, 10:10:26 am »

So according to the tutorial, armies fight one after the other, not all at once. Casualties work by taking the damage of the loser and subtracting that value from the winner's strength, except for fortifications. I now somewhat understand how combat works..
Raddish, I'm wondering why you're moving your trolls away from your two cities which could be under threat of zombies soon. What am I missing?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2013, 11:08:22 am »

Raddish, I'm wondering why you're moving your trolls away from your two cities which could be under threat of zombies soon. What am I missing?
that appears to apply to most of his cities tbh.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2013, 11:57:40 am »

I don't really know what I am up to but I think I had the basis of a probably bad plan at one point.  Is it worth joining a few games to learn what to do at the start, like doing different things in each?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2013, 12:13:03 pm »

I don't really know what I am up to but I think I had the basis of a probably bad plan at one point.  Is it worth joining a few games to learn what to do at the start, like doing different things in each?
I think so, at least that's what I did.
If you want my advice, get the trolls to Soggybridge and be prepared to raise a goblin horde in The wolf's den.
fakeedit: Actually it looks like the horde is already moving on Soggybridge. Your shamans are very useful, I'd say move them towards soggybridge and use their special ability (does 10+1d6 damage) as soon as possible, and raise an army of trolls in soggybridge. The 30+10 would cause a ton of casualties to the horde but with the shaman damage might actually win. The 60 trolls are a bit too far off to do anything other than retake the city when they make it there.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2013, 05:42:41 pm »

I am in 3 games now, the max without paying and I am trying a lot of stuff. Deciding whether to take indie armies or buy armies or reinforce and how to focus.

For instance I personally think its important to grab indie armies on new color lands because you want to use as many of your coins as you can early to invest.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2013, 05:47:58 pm »

I think it makes more sense to trade coins with close neighbours, as it empowers them with their best colour coins while empowering you the same. It is a cooperative game after all. Though buying centaurs was definitely a good idea, and the same could certainly be argued for wizards and stuff.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2013, 02:02:07 am »

Well zombie movement appears to be truly random. I think the key to this game will be to exploit their bad decisions as much as possible.

For example, the terrifying 65 strong centaur herd to my south has moved on my heavily fortified dwarven capital, which was my only chance of beating them. this has left me free to undercut them, hopefully taking out that area of blight completely.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9