Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spanish Homework Help  (Read 888 times)

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
Spanish Homework Help
« on: December 16, 2010, 12:26:22 am »

I need to do these interviews things for my Spanish class  ::)
If anyone (who is Spanish or Mexican) wants to fill one out I would be very thankful.

Name and age of person interviewed: _____________ (Just your first name will be fine... in fact you can even make one up)
Culture represented: _________________________
Date and location of interview: ____________________
Length of interview: ____________________

1. What is your full name? Do you use both apellidos (last names) living in the United States?

2. What is your first language? Do you know other languages? What is the primary language spoken in your home?  (Ask only If the interviewee is 2nd generation) How well do you speak Spanish?

3. What are two or three popular/typical foods which you associate with your culture? Describe them and tell when (at what meal, etc) they are eaten.

4. Is there any special clothing associated with your culture? When is it worn?

5. What is the favorite sport in your culture? Is it played by men and women?

6. How do people in your culture like to spend their free time?

7. Who are two or three heroes in your country/culture? Why are they considered heroes?

8. Is dating common among teenagers in your culture? 

9. At what age do people typically marry?

10. (If interviewee is first generation immigrant) What is one thing you really miss from your culture?

11. What is particularly challenging for someone from your culture living in the U.S.?

12. What do you see as the main differences between the people of your culture and the people of south west Missouri?

13. In your culture how important is punctuality?

14. Do people in your culture tend to prefer activities that allow you to work independently or to  in a group?

!5. What are three very important events, occasions or holidays in your culture?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:28:11 am by MasterFancyPants »
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish Homework Help
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 08:19:14 pm »

I need to do these interviews things for my Spanish class  ::)
If anyone (who is Spanish or Mexican) wants to fill one out I would be very thankful.

Name and age of person interviewed: _____________ (Just your first name will be fine... in fact you can even make one up)
Roberto Herrera, 19
Culture represented: _________________________
Cultura Latina
Date and location of interview: ____________________
Sierra Leone, 15 de diciembre, 2010 (Made this one up) :(
Length of interview: ____________________
? (I don't understand this one) :(

1. What is your full name? Do you use both apellidos (last names) living in the United States?
Roberto Herrera Espinoza, No

2. What is your first language? Do you know other languages? What is the primary language spoken in your home?  (Ask only If the interviewee is 2nd generation) How well do you speak Spanish?
El ingles es mi primera lengua. Tambien se hablar el español, frances e italiano. Uso el español como lenguaje principal en mi hogar. Hablo muy bien el español. (No hablo español) in your case.

3. What are two or three popular/typical foods which you associate with your culture? Describe them and tell when (at what meal, etc) they are eaten.

4. Is there any special clothing associated with your culture? When is it worn?

5. What is the favorite sport in your culture? Is it played by men and women?

6. How do people in your culture like to spend their free time?

7. Who are two or three heroes in your country/culture? Why are they considered heroes?

8. Is dating common among teenagers in your culture? 

9. At what age do people typically marry?

10. (If interviewee is first generation immigrant) What is one thing you really miss from your culture?

11. What is particularly challenging for someone from your culture living in the U.S.?

12. What do you see as the main differences between the people of your culture and the people of south west Missouri?

13. In your culture how important is punctuality?

14. Do people in your culture tend to prefer activities that allow you to work independently or to  in a group?

!5. What are three very important events, occasions or holidays in your culture?

Could only do a few of them, I have to go, probably finish it up later.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 08:23:48 pm »

I would do this, but alas, I'm far too americanized.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:54:41 pm »

Thanks, this is a very unreasonable assignment by the way as I am only a Spanish 1 student. My vocabulary about only covers: Me llamo and Como estas.  :-\
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 11:40:12 am »

google translate, babelfish, and likewise usually work very well.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:42:51 am »

I'm sure they've improved since I was in high school (well, probably not babelfish), but teachers can always see through this. It can help, but shouldn't be the lone effort you put forth for this. If you must use it, try translating your shiny new Spanish sentence back to English and keep tweaking until they come back similar.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 11:45:02 am »

I'm sure they've improved since I was in high school (well, probably not babelfish), but teachers can always see through this. It can help, but shouldn't be the lone effort you put forth for this. If you must use it, try translating your shiny new Spanish sentence back to English and keep tweaking until they come back similar.

I agree. Do not use Google Translate, or use it as little as possible.

Remember, the point of language classes is for you to learn a language. Not for you to learn how to use translation tools.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 05:23:04 pm »

I just realized that I am unable to answer more than half the questions in the test  :o
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 06:34:49 pm »

What does being Spanish or Mexican have anything to do with it?

They could be Guatemalan, Bolivian, Honduran, El Salvadorian, Panamanian, Nicaruaguan, Colombian, Venezuelan, Argentinian, Chilean... The list goes on and on of South American countries.

My point is, just ask for Spanish-speaking people. Someone will pop up that may or may not come from one of those countries.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

The Worst Gamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 05:43:39 pm »

Remember, a core word of the Spanish language is "puta". Use it whenever possible.  :P
"He's just plain bad."