Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Favorite wrestling moves?  (Read 1563 times)

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Favorite wrestling moves?
« on: December 15, 2010, 09:25:10 pm »

Please share your wrestling strategy's and what you do to have fun while you beat down on them.

My biter/grabber Orc female loves to feast.
Ive been practicing on townsfolk, ducking into the middle of them then locking and grabbing as many weapons and legs as I can. Then once they're knocked out, I bite them in the face repeatedly.

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite wrestling moves?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:53:13 pm »

Is it not quicker to strangle them? It's the same number of turns as locking & breaking a limb, but it's instant KO instead of them eventually succumbing to the pain of a broken something-or-other.

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 10:08:52 pm »

Is it not quicker to strangle them? It's the same number of turns as locking & breaking a limb, but it's instant KO instead of them eventually succumbing to the pain of a broken something-or-other.
but then the battle is over way too fast. :(

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:26:12 pm »

but then the battle is over way too fast. :(
After they're unconscious, I try to see how many toes (or other things) I can chop off before they die from blood loss. Also, it seems not to work on some things...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 10:31:05 pm »

Apart from stealing weapons and strangling I never use wrestling. I use kicking and biting a lot though.

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 11:18:32 pm »

I still cant figure out how to  pull limbs off. I was told you grab the enemy somewhere with your hand then move away from them to pull said thing off.  is this right?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 11:22:28 pm »

I don't know if you can pull off limbs, but if you bite somebody in one of their limbs and either A)You're about twice as big as the creature (Human versus Kobold for example) or B) Your biting skill is very high, when you shake you should be able to rip off limbs.

Mystery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 11:35:54 pm »

Grab weapon, steal weapon, throw weapon (-Steel axe- has become lodged in the wound) and repeat.

Wrestling is rather useless, occasionally i will break all the limbs on my opponents bodies, write down their name and leave them there to read up on them in legends.     

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 11:38:09 pm »

Engage lone bogeyman. Charge bogeyman to knock it down. Grab bogeyman while it's vulnerable. Punch bogeyman until its buddies get close. Run a few yards away. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Or if it's people I'll just strangle them. Bogeymen are easy to kill, though.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 01:38:28 am »

I like to envision how I once threw a kobold up in the air and decapitated it before it fell to the ground. At least, I think that's what happened when I got my aimed strike in while the target was still in mid-air after my throw.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 08:40:49 am »

I usually just charge in and go for the throat, either biting it off or scratching it. The results usually vary, depends on how helpful the RNG is.

How do you throw people, though?

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 08:45:29 am »

gouge eyes

strangle

Gamer of Indie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 09:30:04 am »

Wrestling is rather useless, occasionally i will break all the limbs on my opponents bodies, write down their name and leave them there to read up on them in legends.     

I need to do this...

Has anyone you've incapacitated and left alone gone on to do something interesting, or do they just get eaten by night creatures?
Everyone knows dwarves pass knowledge through a mass collective, fueled by alcohol. Hence their inability to sustain themselves over long periods with water; they lose the dwarven empathic connection, and become singular and... sane. Which in turn drives them crazy!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 09:38:32 am »

I only use wrestling to choke initially - Then i go about torturing the insolent swine my weary work.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 11:28:14 am »

How do you throw people, though?
Trow is an alternative to take down when person is standing. But I haven't found much difference between them. You have to be way bigger than your victim to toss it some tiles away. And even then your adventurer may decide to just throw enemy on the ground.
In a fact, while playing as otherwise unmodded bronze colossus I've seen wolves being thrown 3-4 tiles away and that's all. However some enemies exploded upon collision when they were thrown on the same tile. And I've once thrown wolf that has disappeared after that, really I couldn't find any remains and it couldn't get fly far it was a wood after all, and I was able to fast travel as if there weren't enemies.
Kicks and punches in the body or head proved to reliably send even night creatures to the meeting with the wall. (Usually deadly attacks to the head sometimes resulted in less fatal wound and several tiles of flight)

Some memories of that guy unrelated to topic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science
Pages: [1] 2