Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sexy the Handless  (Read 1365 times)

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Of course it's not safe! What are you, an ELF?!
    • View Profile
Sexy the Handless
« on: December 15, 2010, 08:09:45 pm »

My Adventurer was the bomb. Everyone was his friend. But, one time while he was killing a goblin, the goblin stabbed his hands off. He was never the same. HE ACTUALLY GOT MORE POPULAR. When he got back to town almost every warrior wanted to join him. He later died after being ambushed by like 50 goblins on the way to kill ***** Treasuretax the Silvery Diamonds the Dragon. He got by by THROWING THE WEAPONS OF HIS DEAD ENEMIED. I can only imagine him turning his head 180 degrees, gripping an axe in his teeth, then throwing it by shaking his head. It gives new meaning to the word no. Also, he once killed a troll by throwing a copper carving knife at him and DECAPITATING HIM. It was totally awesome.

In Legends mode, he had like 6 full pages of places where he was a hero, even though he only killed like 16 people and a jaguar.
Small elves in your beard. The STD of the Dwarven world.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sexy the Handless
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 08:31:50 pm »

I remember getting my hands cut off as a dwarf so I killed my enemies by kicking, biting and letting the AI grab parts and shatter the joints for me. I eventually died because I was absolutely surrounded by humans while I was attacking one of them, I was wearing a full suit of steel armor so it took about 50 turns before the lethal blows they got actually killed me.

He had some 400 notable kills plus about 100 bogeymen, most of these kills after he lost his hands.

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 10:01:04 pm »

I remember getting my hands cut off as a dwarf so I killed my enemies by kicking, biting and letting the AI grab parts and shatter the joints for me. I eventually died because I was absolutely surrounded by humans while I was attacking one of them, I was wearing a full suit of steel armor so it took about 50 turns before the lethal blows they got actually killed me.

He had some 400 notable kills plus about 100 bogeymen, most of these kills after he lost his hands.
What stats do you aim for to actually hit bogeymen? They dodge like crazy...

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:21:35 pm »

train being a dwarf to 1. hit martial trance then walk through them like they aren't there regardless of your skills.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 10:33:38 pm »

To beat a bogeyman, you need to act like them (see: Fight Fire with Fire). Invest some points (preferably to "superior") in agility, put some in toughness and willpower, and a bit in strength if you wish. You mostly need to keep dodging like they do, and get some hits in. If you fight with a weapon, the higher your weapon skill, the higher chance to parry. Shield user is very useful too.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 11:39:40 pm »

I find that a demigod wrestler can kill bogeymen easily by charging them until they fall over, grabbing them, and punching them. They can't dodge very well when you have a death grip on their forearm.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.