Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaim party gets slaughtered by goblins  (Read 984 times)

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaim party gets slaughtered by goblins
« on: December 15, 2010, 04:04:58 pm »

Hi everyone,

I want to reclaim a fortress unfortunately the Goblins wich invaded it are still there and they are standing next to my embarking point.

My Dwarfs cant even pickup the weapons! So how am i supposed to get it back?

I started four Adventure Mode games to let time pass but the Goblins are still there!

I hope somebody can help me :D

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaim party gets slaughtered by goblins
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 04:07:48 pm »

take an adventurer to the embark location and slaughter the gobbos that way?
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 04:07:58 pm »

the goblins wont just "go away".  Either create a starting party of 7 that are all in the military that can fight them, or go on adventure mode and try to kill all the goblins...thats all i can really come up with.
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 04:59:06 pm »

If you give the dwarfs Ambusher as their highest non- military skill they start with free leather armour and crossbows.

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 12:23:57 pm »

I got my fortress back!

I just gave everyone of my embarking party Wrestler/Dodging and Fighter skills and they killed every Goblin!

But the now im facing a brutal Bug that destroys all progress i made since i reclaimed the fortress.

More and more dwarfs get coated with blood of an ill dwarf, an i just recently noticed that even my walls are full of his Blood!
Its spreading and every time i view the inventory of a "blood coated dwarf" or view a wall or floor with his blood my game crashes!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 12:42:48 pm »

I suggest that you use the "dfcleanmap" tool from DFHack.  That'll get rid of all loose liquids spread all over your fortress, which should be enough to get your fort to stop crashing your computer, as there won't be NEARLY so much lag.  You can also get rid of the liquids coating dwarves.  I suggest you see this post.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 12:48:56 pm »

I suggest that you use the "dfcleanmap" tool from DFHack.  That'll get rid of all loose liquids spread all over your fortress, which should be enough to get your fort to stop crashing your computer, as there won't be NEARLY so much lag.  You can also get rid of the liquids coating dwarves.  I suggest you see this post.

I will try it, but there is no lag it is a "real" crash, it is the blood of this dwarf, if i see it the game crashes.
Quite strange :D