Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: serial murder  (Read 2022 times)

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
serial murder
« on: December 15, 2010, 11:51:12 am »

so i have a speardwarf. a rather average speardwarf. except she is a murderer. twice now, she has killed a metalsmith. randomly. no tantrums, she is in a fine mood. the first one was a legendary weaponsmith for fuck's sake, my only one. WHY IS SHE DOING THIS I HAVE NO IDEA. she will run up, stab them in the head. then go back to training. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: serial murder
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 11:53:37 am »

Is she the sheriff? If so, then these people are getting stabbed by DWARVEN JUSTICE! If not... It's time for her to test her mettle against the nearest forgotten beast.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 11:54:44 am »

the first one was a legendary weaponsmith for fuck's sake...

That's grounds for execution by YOUR part right there. So the question changes to, WHY IS SHE STILL BREATHING AFTER THE FIRST KILL????
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 11:55:55 am »

i thought it was a fluke. luckily the second metalsmith was pretty useless, one of 6ish furnace operators i have. so no big loss. is there anyway to push her into the volcano or something? i want this to be painful ;s

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 11:58:05 am »

Find a FB with deadly dust. It'll be plenty painful as her skin melts off and organs die.

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 12:00:28 pm »

is very quick to anger a trait that could cause spontaneous murder?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 12:18:25 pm »

is very quick to anger a trait that could cause spontaneous murder?

No, dwarves shouldn't murder themselves on purpose if they're not tantruming or part of the justice system. I second the notion that you should check to see if she's the sheriff or in the Fortress Guard.

If she is, replace her spear with something weak like a Hidden Fun Stone mace or a wooden training weapon. If not, my favorite way to execute a dwarf is to build a bridge over a volcano/river/10-story fall and have that dwarf build a wall at the other end of the bridge.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:21:15 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 12:46:49 pm »

so i drowned the speardwarf in magma. but uh, the murders continue. an axedwarf just murdered another smelter. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WHAT THE FUCK

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 12:50:16 pm »

a note: the axedwarf was assigned to kill a skeletal groundhog which was chasing the furnace guy around. he's dead now though, the axedwarf (who is near legendary in full steel) bisected him at the waist.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 12:54:12 pm »

Definitely in the Fortress Guard. Did you recently ignore a mandate or export ban?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 12:56:27 pm »

Definitely in the Fortress Guard. Did you recently ignore a mandate or export ban?

so captain of the guard means fortress guard? i was just using them as a military squad t_t

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 12:58:11 pm »

Yup.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Fishbulb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 01:59:35 pm »

Back in some pre-2010 version or other I had a delightful little incident along these lines. I'd appointed guards but had no jail — don't remember why, now, I had some reason that seemed sound at the time — and a mandate went ignored as usual. One of the guards delivered the beating, and it turned out to be fatal. That guard went on to be convicted of murder, and his beating also turned out to be fatal. That guard got convicted of murder, and his beating was also fatal, but he survived because he was my last guard and apparently guards won't punish themselves.

I think there was a tantrum spiral, don't recall now. But it was Fun while it lasted.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 01:59:42 pm »

Someone has not been fulfilling mandates.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

cryopyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 02:48:12 pm »

Sounds like you ignored a metalsmithing mandate and the captain of the guard administered punishment on your legendary dwarf.

I recommend the killing of the noble and guard, just to be safe.
"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves we toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves. But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down. I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say, and they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."
-- "Jim Jones", Traditional
Pages: [1] 2