Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: serial murder  (Read 2018 times)

personofshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: serial murder
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 04:28:45 pm »

Just build a jail so they don't keep murdering everyone

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 04:41:20 pm »

Or just let the murders continue unil morale improves.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 04:43:23 pm »

Jails are the best, for now.

Build a Restraint (b - v, I believe) and select a Chain. Some stronger dwarves can break ropes.

Anyway, when things are chained, they can move in a perfect 3x3 cube. (Even up or down, I believe. I haven't tried Z-levels with restraints yet)

XXX
XRX where the R is the restraint.
XXX

What I recommend doing is placing a high-quality bed, a high-quality door (setting it as Interior for MOAR happy thoughts) and food+booze stocks. Very often, those who have committed crimes shouldn't really be there, but that they failed to create X amount of _______. Don't see it as prison. See it as rehabilitation instead. So make 'em as happy as possible until they're released.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 07:40:08 pm »

Anyway, when things are chained, they can move in a perfect 3x3 cube. (Even up or down, I believe. I haven't tried Z-levels with restraints yet)

Yeah, they can go a level up or down.  I had an animal chained next to the stairs at my entrance, and it went down the stairs and two squares over.  The chain must pass through the floor.  :P

>§.

<.d
Pages: 1 [2]