Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Toady’s Christmas present to us..  (Read 4347 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Toady’s Christmas present to us..
« on: December 15, 2010, 08:55:45 am »

I think toady should release the next update on Christmas so that us lot can enjoy caravan goodness over the Christmas holidays.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toady’s Christmas present to us..
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:12:31 am »

But it would a cursed present full of bugs and half finished stuff plus I am working so no need haha

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:02:37 pm »

Not going to happen. Won't be until sometime in January, maybe early February depending on how tricky some of the Adventure mode stuff turns out to be.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:05:27 pm »

Really don't care when he releases it but I demand that he makes us all a Christmas card.
I'll make him one in MS paint when I wake up.

madciol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 12:10:56 pm »

For me, best present would be actually fixing bugs, not running around with new shiny features that will introduce shitload of new bugs.

But ah well, I am sure military and hospitals are small, non-important and neligible parts of this game.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 12:15:15 pm »

That'd suck for me. My only internet access is in college.
*Hugs*

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 12:15:32 pm »

For what it's worth, apparently they're going to "make a big bug crunching push after this next release."
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Gorm

• Bay Watcher
  • not related to Gorm of Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 01:13:51 pm »

Releasing v0.33.1 on Christmas would be nice, but I don't think we are gonna get it this year.
As dwarves slowly lose their stats over time it's natural for them to get fatter as they age because there's no activities to train healing rate.
so dwarves that die of old age in DF dont get shriveled and weak, but huge round masses of meat and fat that explode spectacularly upon their final birthday?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 01:16:18 pm »

Very unlikely. This release entails about as much changes the last one did, so I doubt we'll be getting one this year.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 01:31:16 pm »

If you guys do indeed think that the next release is going to be in January. I ask that Toady release it on the 29th of January. I'd then like to extend an invitation to Toady to my birthday party, then as his present to me being the release of DF, I'd like to donate to him. :)

Shaostoul is ecstatic. He had his birthday today with The Great Toady One. He received a gift of a Dwarf Fortress release from The Great Toady One. He donated a sum of money to The Great Toady One.

Would be a splendid and wonderful day.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 04:45:43 pm »

I think we should worry more about what we're getting Toady for christmas.

For me, best present would be actually fixing bugs, not running around with new shiny features that will introduce shitload of new bugs.

But ah well, I am sure military and hospitals are small, non-important and neligible parts of this game.
Fixing bugs comes after caravans, precisely because it will introduce so many new bugs.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 05:02:53 pm »

You should been playing a finished game then, if you can find one. Dwarf Fortress is alpha and will be alpha for longer than your short patience can wait.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 05:10:05 pm »

You should been playing a finished game then, if you can find one. Dwarf Fortress is alpha and will be alpha for longer than your short patience can wait.
That doesn't really hold up, as DF doesn't follow a traditional design schedule, and is intended to be played in its current state. Complaints about bugs are legitimate. While personally, bugs haven't caused me any particular amount of trouble in recent versions, I recognize that others may not be so lucky, and provide helpful information. Saying "go play something else then" may seem to be good advice in the short term, but it's also likely something that would have occurred to him by himself, and thus it is not actually likely to be useful advice.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 06:16:41 pm »

Useful advice is to not be a whiny baby in a thread about Christmas funtimes.

madciol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 06:17:25 pm »

I do not criticize DF for bugs, (not that being alpha is any excuse for bugs). I criticize very visible negligence of bugs by Toady.

Fixing bugs comes after caravans, precisely because it will introduce so many new bugs.
Erm... programming does not work that way. In current case, you have to fix not only old, but also new bugs. It all ends up with more bugs overall.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4