Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sensei's starting a forum game soon  (Read 2174 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Sensei's starting a forum game soon
« on: December 14, 2010, 11:36:28 pm »

Now, I know normally it's considered bad etiquette to make a thread like this. But anyway, I wanted to gauge interest in another forum-game. My games before have been epic but usually ended up abandoned for one reason or another.

I'd probably start up about christmas break (this weekend). So I want to know: Are enough people interested in a forum game that will be most active during the holiday break? And what would you want to do?

As for topic, anything in the UFGI thread is fair game along with a couple others I had.

Anyway, moreso than the theme, what's important is how players are involved- do you want to do a competing game, a cooperative (or at least neutral) game, or a text-adventure style game (where everyone suggests actions for one character)?

Give me some feedback! You may or may not be able to cram yourself onto the waiting list in this thread.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Sensei's starting a forum game soon
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 01:02:52 am »

both games sound fun
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 01:12:22 am »

Zombie Survival or the second one sound fun.
Imperialism/Steampunk would be good in whatever you end up choosing.
Livestreaming is fun too.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 01:49:04 am »

Personally i would prefer a competing game, with cooperative fine as well, since i like being able to control my own charachter.
Both idea's are good in my opinion.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 02:19:59 am »

Personally, I'd like a space station game in the RTD vein of everything going wrong, teetering on the brink, or otherwise just generally failing in a way that creates opportunities to fail again. Not really competitive or cooperative so much as everyone being in the same general space, and having to deal with the consequences of each others' actions as it relates to your own assignments. Like, it's not really in anyone's best interests if you blow something up, but you're generally too busy to help out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 06:12:34 am »

Personally, I'd like a space station game in the RTD vein of everything going wrong, teetering on the brink, or otherwise just generally failing in a way that creates opportunities to fail again. Not really competitive or cooperative so much as everyone being in the same general space, and having to deal with the consequences of each others' actions as it relates to your own assignments. Like, it's not really in anyone's best interests if you blow something up, but you're generally too busy to help out.
TH+(i1010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000)+S
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 10:33:26 am »

i1010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 = 1

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 01:05:58 am »

So you guys are probably up for the space station one, in RTD form?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 03:40:23 am »

i1010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 = 1
I am one of four people who got this and found it amusing. I feel special.

It wouldn't have to be an RTD as long as everything went hilariously wrong, but why reinvent the wheel?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 03:41:41 am »

I'd be interested in something like that

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 03:49:24 am »

same here
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 03:59:17 am »

same here

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 07:30:49 pm »

Quotamid dictates method; look for a thread tomorrow or Saturday on the RTD forums.