Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Calling all Dwarf !SCIENTISTS! for some dwarf !SCIENCE!  (Read 995 times)

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Calling all Dwarf !SCIENTISTS! for some dwarf !SCIENCE!
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:27:37 pm »

Here in a bit after I lose my Amazing warrior with 6 last names and can have 10 soldiers with dies, I'm going to start a new game, I'm going to take notes based on doing quests from peasants or township fold.  Based on quest number/notable kills I will figure out when and how many you need to get your name longer.  Also i will be seeing how many allies you get based on quest amount.

after i do this for as long as possible with just basic quest, i will update how much more valuable with nobility is.

So far,

3 last names, 3 soldiers 4 peasant allies (soldiers seem to be worth more than peasants with the amount you can have), 6 notable kills
NOTE = although i was able to get that many, after losing 3 peasants and now only have 4; i seem to be unable to hire another peasant; even though i just brought back another quest
When higher rank, peasants will give you harder quests agaisn't warlords and chieftins.  Already getting them at 6 notable kills.

(starting in the middle since i'm currently on a guy when i thought this up)

So yes, if anyone wants to join in on !SCIENCE! fun, or already knows the answer to this; peep on in :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:19:31 pm by Smackinjuice »

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I know my rep?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:27:31 pm »

Not sure myself, I tend to go with how long your name is...

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 10:15:40 pm »

I think the only good way is to max out your companion number and count them.

You can also get a rough estimate by talking to peasants at night.  If they say "only a fool travels alone at night", you're low-ranking.  If they say "I know you've seen your share of adventure,...", then you're medium-ranking.  If they say "only you can travel alone at night.  The bogeymen would get me", then you're high-ranking.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 06:29:21 am »

What about when they say "Aww I see armok is strong with in this one"?

Shade Of Grey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 06:59:27 am »

Just noticed this last friday: Q -> e -> m

After several quests this thing gets more cluttered than my list of deceased units afters the cat-a-pult incident x_x

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all Dwarf !SCIENTISTS! for some dwarf !SCIENCE!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 08:35:12 pm »

Yes, Q, e, m; seems like more areas like me then i've actually gone to :D  but that's because you spread news when you get a quest done.  Finally know what that meant now

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 09:50:08 pm »

Yes, Q, e, m; seems like more areas like me then i've actually gone to :D  but that's because you spread news when you get a quest done.  Finally know what that meant now
I had an adventurer who, according to legends mode, was respected by one and a half pages worth of civilizations with his only notable kill an Illithid (genesis mod) that was weaker than your average fluffy forest animal.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 08:20:42 pm »

Update

at 10 notable kills from hamlets, i now can get 10 ally soldiers :D
and I now have an OF name :D

now with 11 notable kills, last one coming from a Lady (a lesser lord)
now i can have up to 12 allies :D

Does anyone know the benifit of multigrasping? i long a 2 handed long word, or a short sword and steel shield; what do you guys think is better combo?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:39:57 pm by Smackinjuice »