Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to Kill Synthetics: Turn 9, No you CANNOT shoot through walls  (Read 10390 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile

Karadin dashes to cover, only to find the hanar has taken his place. A bit annoyed by how unprofessional this team was proving, he takes cover on the right side. He then opens fire on the biggest geth he can find with a burst of disruptor ammo.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

satisfied with the improvments, taric starts throwing anything towards hostile geth
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mk. 4 loads incendiary ammo into SMG and says " Someone needs to get the turrets running doing that would help me more than you all coming to save me so just get the turrets online."
He then jumps out of cover unloading all of the SMG clip at the Geth Juggernaut then ducks back into to cover.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:52:31 pm by adwarf »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

"Mmm... well, okay then." Alex puts his pistol away, pulling out his rifle. "I think I might go solo for a bit, if you guys don't mind. I really can't do much in close quarters, atleast not as effectively as... you.. three... Although, without a vantage point..." Alex pauses for a moment. "You three can handle the 'Geth'? Good. I'm going to go solo for a while. See if I can find a terminal to hack, or something, to get a lay out of the station. Or I might just hole up at a good sniping post if I find one. Pick off the Geth." Throwing a half wave, half salute, to the rest of the group, he runs on to the next corridor.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I dont get back to post my actions next turn i will Follow everybody else providing firesupport and cover fire with my incendiary ammo in my SMG

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile

With that, Dath turned the corner and assaulted the enemies, opening up with a Shockwave to get their attention.

[5] Dath dives right around the corner and sends a shockwave of kinetic force across the ground! Geth Trooper 2 is lifted off of his feet and slams into the ceiling hard! His kinetic barriers don't defend against it.

Geth Trooper 1 charges down the hallway and shoots his rifle! [3 vs [1] The shots impact Dath's shields, [6] with the entire clip emptying on his shields! Dath's shields are seriously weakened! (Shields at 65% strength)

Geth Trooper 2 is still recovering from his impact! (+1 to accuracy rolls against Geth Trooper 2)

Geth Trooper 3 leaps from his cover and launches a Concussive Shot at Dath! [1 vs 2] The white ball of force misses and impacts the steel wall behind the Krogan, leaving a massive dent in the metal.

Geth Juggernaut breaks out in a run and charges directly towards Dath at insane speed, [6 vs 2] [4] impacting him full force and slamming him against the wall! A sickening crunch is heard as metal impacts flesh. However, the Juggernaut is now in full sight of the team!

Load up Cyro ammo in the assault rifle, while readying the shogun in spare tentacles. Then take cover on the left side of the door.

Blasto takes cover at the left side of the doorway and pumps a superchilled heat sink into his rifle, ready to assault the Geth when they're in sight. When the Juggernaut turns the corner, [5 vs 6] Your burst of fire misses and the superchilled metal harmlessly hits the wall.

A bit annoyed by how unprofessional this team was proving, he takes cover on the right side. He then opens fire on the biggest geth he can find with a burst of disruptor ammo.

(Soldiers don't have Disruptor ammo! I'll cut you some slack this turn though) Karadin takes cover and grabs a spare Disruptor pack from Alex. When the Juggernaut turns the corner you open fire! [6 vs [5] [4+1] Your disruptor shots completely decimate the Juggernaut's shields, almost completely ripping them apart. (Shields at 35% strength)

satisfied with the improvments, taric starts throwing anything towards hostile geth

[2 vs 5] When the Juggernaut turns the corner, you raise your SMG and unleash your entire clip. You miss every single shot. You somehow feel like less of a man.

Mk. 4 loads incendiary ammo into SMG. He then jumps out of cover unloading all of the SMG clip at the Geth Juggernaut then ducks back into to cover.

You open fire on the Juggernaut with your SMG! [6 vs 4] [1] Defying the laws of physics, your incendiary ammo completely bounces off of the Juggernaut's shields and fly back to hit you. (Shield strength at 60%.)

Throwing a half wave, half salute, to the rest of the group, he runs on to the next corridor.

Waving to the group, you head back towards the hangar and take another hallway, which is thankfully devoid of Geth. You spot a room labeled 'Receptionist's Office'. Heading in, you find you're in a nondescript office with a computer terminal propped up against the wall. [6] With the aid of your omni-tool, you successfully bypass every single firewall and security measure on the terminal! However, something must have went wrong, because a warning sound is heard from speakers on the wall. 'Intruder detected. Intruder detected. Dispatching security mechs for detaining.' (LOKI Mechs arriving in two turns!)

Status
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CJ1145 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Notes: Geth Troopers 1 and 3 are moving forward to assist the Juggernaut. Trooper 2 is recovering from being slammed against a cold steel ceiling. Three LOKI security mechs will converge on Alex's position in two turns, so he better do whatever he needs to do fast.

I've drawn an incredibly crude map so you can all get a rough idea of what's going on.

Gray dots - Geth Troopers
Gray Rectangle - Geth Juggernaut
Red Circle - SeriousConcentrate
Orange dot - Kaguro
Green dot - CJ1145
Blue dot - Taricus
adwarf is somewhere in front of Taric, CJ, and Kaguro because I'm sleepy and forgot to make a dot for him  :o
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:43:53 pm by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Kill Synthetics: Turn 5, Krogan Sandwich (Mass Effect RTD)
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2010, 11:14:28 pm »

Open Fire
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2010, 03:50:34 am »

Fire on the juggernaught. "This one would find it most acceptible if the krogen would use it's shotgun to maximum effect."
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2010, 06:35:03 am »

Alex quickly makes his move, scanning through the computer for a map of the station, looking for the terminal(s) that control the turrets, the power sources for the turrets, and the corridors in between. He also scans for security cameras, or some way to mark the map, so he can aid his team get Taric to the turret terminal(s)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2010, 11:19:28 am »

MK. 4 seeing he had no effect loads cryo ammo into his shotgun and precedes to walk backwards  while unloading a hail of bullets at the geth juggernaut  " Thanks for the help you guys. "

« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:30:41 am by adwarf »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2010, 11:23:20 am »

"Don't thank us yet!" Karadin replies. "Stay in cover if you want to live, idiot!"

Seeing that his disruptor ammo had mysteriously run out (he wondered if it could even do that) he switches to cryo ammo and empties his clip on the Juggernaut.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2010, 12:01:01 pm »

Dath jammed the shotgun into the juggernaught's neck and pulled the trigger, then answered Blasto's earlier question. "Because it means a good fight, that's why!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2010, 03:38:45 pm »

Open Fire

[5] Somewhat luckily this time, you open fire with your SMG, and it obliterates the remainder of the Juggernaut's shields!

Fire on the juggernaught.

With the Juggernaut's shielding down, you fire your Cryo-enhanced Assault Rifle! [6] The firepower impacts the Juggernaut in the head, completely freezing his optical sensor, making him unable to see anything! The following burst of fire completely destroys his head, making sure he'll stay blind. Sadly, in your fit of awesome you forgot to let go of the trigger, and your Assault Rifle is now overheated for two turns.

MK. 4 seeing he had no effect loads cryo ammo into his shotgun and precedes to walk backwards  while unloading a hail of bullets at the geth juggernaut

[2] After Blasto's superior performance, you decide to copy him and load cryo ammo of your own into your shotgun. You fire 3 shots, and the spread of bullets completely misses the massive Juggernaut. This team needs aiming classes.

Seeing that his disruptor ammo had mysteriously run out (he wondered if it could even do that) he switches to cryo ammo and empties his clip on the Juggernaut.

[5] You fire in bursts at the Juggernaut, freezing it's entire body! Another quick burst and the entire thing is frozen over, effectively finishing off the mighty synthetic. All that's left is the 3 troopers still advancing towards you.

Dath jammed the shotgun into the juggernaught's neck and pulled the trigger, then answered Blasto's earlier question. "Because it means a good fight, that's why!"

Jamming your Claymore into the frozen Juggernaut, you pull the trigger, blowing it up into a thousand minuscule diamonds of ice. How pretty. But the Juggernaut was the only thing in between you and the advancing Geth troopers!

Alex quickly makes his move, scanning through the computer for a map of the station, looking for the terminal(s) that control the turrets, the power sources for the turrets, and the corridors in between. He also scans for security cameras, or some way to mark the map, so he can aid his team get Taric to the turret terminal(s)

[6] You find everything you're looking for in record time, and swiftly upload it all to your Omni-tool. You make a break for the doorway and a massive blast-door closes! A frantic search reveals no other exit. You can faintly hear synthetic feet approaching from the other side of the doorway! (LOKI mechs arrive next turn)

Geth Trooper 1 fires his rifle at the only target in sight: Dath. [6] The fire is uncannily accurate, taking down the remainder of his shields and one piece of metal impacts the Krogan in the right arm! (-1 to accuracy) The pulse rifle makes a 'whirrrrr' sound and...explodes shortly after!

Geth Trooper 2 recovers from his earlier injury and moves behind cover.

Geth Trooper 3 fires his own burst, [5] hitting Dath in the chest and stomach! Good thing Krogan have multiple organs, because that might have been a problem otherwise.

Status
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CJ1145 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Notes: LOKI Mechs arriving at Alex's position next turn. Sucks to be him.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:55:14 pm by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Kill Synthetics: Turn 6, Witty title here (Mass Effect RTD)
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2010, 03:58:49 pm »

Fire useing my sniper rifle on geth trooper 2
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Kill Synthetics: Turn 6, Witty title here (Mass Effect RTD)
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2010, 04:10:58 pm »

Run up to the corner next to Dath and fire as quickly and violently down the hallways as I can, to get the geth's attention.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8