Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Kill Synthetics: Turn 9, No you CANNOT shoot through walls  (Read 10406 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Kill Synthetics: Turn 2, Final Preparations (Mass Effect RTD)
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2010, 09:20:51 am »

Karadin sighs and brings the Mattock with him, hoping to get it repaired at a later date. He then heads up to the bridge to check on the commander and final preparations.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2010, 01:25:24 pm »

Dath smiled. An odd expression perhaps, for a Krogan, but how many have had the chance to carry such a powerful piece of weaponry, and so early in their mercenary careers? He lifted the Claymore out almost reverently and examined it, fingers immediately, instinctively finding a solid grip on the handle and barrel. "I hope you're right, Hanar. It would be a shame to let this go to waste." He sighted down it, his grin widening.

Attaching the shotgun to its place on the back of his armor, Dath left the armory and headed towards the bridge, passing a human on the way. Wasn't he at the meeting? He couldn't remember; humans had quite a few distinguishing characteristics from one another but he still wasn't used to seeing them on a regular basis. The human had greeted him as he passed on his way to the armory, so Dath nodded back in acknowledgment and continued towards the bridge.

Blasto, huh? he thought as he waited for the elevator. That's what the Hanar had said his face name was when he'd spoken to him. It was a good name. Blast. O. Blasto. Dath liked it. He hadn't had any positive feelings towards the Hanar before - frankly he thought they were likely to be annoying, having heard that they did nothing but speak of the Enkindlers from the older warriors - but this one seemed like he would be interesting. He carried a pistol in each tentacle, after all. That was almost... enviable. Redundant systems were nice but he would've also like a few extra arms for more weapons.

"Where is that damn elevator?" Dath asked no one in particular, pressing the button again. He wasn't looking forward to the long ride up the bridge.

(Edit to shift from present to past tense, it's easier to deal with - and to write a little more in response to Kaguro, because I wanted to. ^^)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:51:33 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2010, 01:36:49 pm »

"This one would kindly prefer it if the other called it by it's face name 'Blasto'" Blasto said before going back to checking his shielding devices, as well as mass effect anti-grav devices. It would be unforchunate if shields or anti-grav failed, leaveing him an easy target either way.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2010, 04:02:51 pm »

check Vehicles

[5] You head down to Engineering to check on what vehicles the ship has stored. You find a MAKO and a single, six man shuttle craft. But you know that they aren't good enough. You grab a nearby toolbox and not only improve the speed and hydraulics of the MAKO, but find enough spare materials to reinforce the outer armor of the shuttle. You never know, right?

Check the shielding mechonisms attached to me to ensure there are no malfunctions.
Apply my natural toxins to the barrel of my pistols, to ensure enemies who are not killed will be poisoned.

[4] Your kinetic barriers are functioning as they should. No problems there. [5] You also slather some toxins onto the barrel of your pistol! You put on a bit more than you meant to though. Who knows what this zany stuff will do to an organic target?

MK.4 begins tinkering with his pistol hoping to improve it.

[6] You grab your Predator and retreat to a workbench in the armory. Somehow, everybody else found weapons yet you found nothing? You'll just have to make up for this in another way...Grabbing as many spare parts as you can, you almost completely rebuild the pistol from the ground up, making it fit better in your hands and giving it superior firepower and accuracy. However, these modifications aren't without a drawback...The weapon now overheats faster. But who cares, right?

He saunters off to find a maintenance kit or some tools with which he can make sure his equipment is in top shape.

[4] Your guns are in working order, your armor is fine, your cloaking device is functioning, and everything checks out. You're good to go.

Karadin sighs and brings the Mattock with him, hoping to get it repaired at a later date. He then heads up to the bridge to check on the commander and final preparations.

[Auto-Success] You store the Mattock with your other guns and head up to the bridge, waiting for the others to arrive.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate link=topic=72990.msg1805340#msg1805340 date=1292523924
[b
"Where is that damn elevator?" Dath asked no one in particular, pressing the button again. He wasn't looking forward to the long ride up the bridge.[/b]

[Auto-Success] You hitch a ride with Blasto up to the bridge, lost in your thoughts.

Once you're all assembled on the bridge, Commander Cole points out through the front window of the bridge, while saying "Note that we haven't had comms with this station in a week. We don't know exactly what we'll find." . "Dropping out of FTL now, Commander" one helmsman reports. A moment later, the blue of hyperspace turns into the black of real space, and a verdant green planet comes into view, along with a massive orbiting space station.

What immediately gets your attention though is various Geth dropships either leaving the station, towards the planet, or coming towards it. Some dropships are currently docked. There could easily be hundreds of Geth on the station by now.

Cole turns to the group. "There's no way the Dragoon can make it through that swarm of dropships without being found. We're going to take you in hard and fast. Get on board the landing shuttle in Cargo Bay and prepare to launch."

[4] Your small ship safely makes it through the network of Geth ships. The station's defense turrets don't seem to be online, and power is out in certain areas. You successfully dock inside an unguarded hangar and discuss your options.

Status
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CJ1145 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:52:30 pm by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dath was itching for a fight. He had spent the entire time on the shuttle anticipating, savoring the firefights they would encounter. The sheer amount of Geth ships in the area, the number of enemy combatants it promised... oh, he couldn't wait to tear some machines apart! It wasn't as long as it felt like for the shuttle to dock at the station with no difficulties, and he turned to the other members of the team.

We don't have a leader. Not that I'm aware of. So I'm taking over. "First thing's first, we restore power and get the defenses back online. Blasto, Karadin, you protect Taric. Mark 4, Alex, rear guard. I'll go ahead and clear the way." Dath readied his shotgun and looked around, but the hangar appeared to be clear. "Any objections?"

(I'll just assume that there was some expository dialog in the shuttle so everyone knows a bit about each other, mainly names and skills. Oh, and a quick question Krath: Are we using ME1 or ME2 ability usage? I want to know if everything's on a universal or separate cooldown before I try a Shockwave > Charge > Wait 1 second for max distance > Pull > Shotgun to face combo.)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:20:04 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sorry that is a negative you get the turrets up and running I will hold them off for a while maybe i can get some to join me." Mk. 4 then runs off to confront the Geth pulling out his SMG he will attack any who attack him otherwise he will try to presuade them to join his side.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile

Oh, and a quick question Krath: Are we using ME1 or ME2 ability usage? I want to know if everything's on a universal or separate cooldown before I try a Shockwave > Charge > Wait 1 second for max distance > Pull > Shotgun to face combo.

Everything is seperate cooldown.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile

Karadin  is barely able to control his rage as he watches the 'geth' run off to fight. "That bastard!" He shouts. "I knew it was a terrible idea to bring that thing!"

Determined to prove that he was a better soldier than that ludicrous mech, Karadin stays close to Taric wherever he goes, and uses his standard-issue Avenger rifle to blast any geth that get in their way. ANY geth.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"seeing that the geth will probably have armatures, taric drive the Mako in the base"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Blastos.....face? turned towards the Quarian."Has the other not noticed that this group is not in a Mako? This group took the six-man shuttle to the station, not a battle vehicle. This is in addition to the fact that in the currently closed quarters an Armature would be in effective, hoppers are far more likely and dangerous in this situation." He said in the same slow polite speech as all Hanar.He removed his own assault rifle from....wherever it's hidden and moved to protect Taric."This one also has it's suspitions about the 'geth' being an actuil geth, it acts differently than most information would show geth act, and appears to have no idea how a true geth is known to act."
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"ugh i've really got to lay of the alcohol, taric starts to scavenge for any useful materials to reinforce his exosuit
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Alex sighs, and looks around, grasping the surrounding area. Information, advantageous points, anything of interest. Information is paramount. He takes out a pistol, for close to mid range fighting, unless he finds a position that will be more suited to sniping. Quickly, he moves to keep up with the others, still keeping an eye out for anything of interest, while holding the position of rear guard, like the Krogan suggested.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile

Mk. 4 then runs off to confront the Geth pulling out his SMG he will attack any who attack him otherwise he will try to presuade them to join his side.

[4] Mk. 4 runs towards the nearest door, and enters into a side hallway. The door closes behind you. A cursory scan reveals the hallway is reasonably wide, has pillars in several areas, and a sharp corner turning to the right is in front of you. You run forward and turn the corner...coming face to face with three Geth Soldiers located at the other end of the hallway. Even worse, they're led by a towering red synthetic, identified as a Geth Juggernaut. Without waiting, they open fire on you!

Geth Trooper 1 fires a burst from his Pulse Rifle, [1] missing Mk. 4 completely!
Geth Trooper 2 crouches down and opens fire, [4] vs [3] impacting Mk. 4 in the chest! [3]  However, the shields absorb the minorly damaging shots, some of which went right past the Geth.
Geth Trooper 3 takes cover behind a pillar in the hallway (-1 to all accuracy rolls on Geth Trooper 3).
Geth Juggernaut advances slowly down the hallway.

Mk. 4 manages to get back behind the corner before any more shots are fired.

taric starts to scavenge for any useful materials to reinforce his exosuit

[4] Oblivious to the nearby firefight and the group moving on without you, you scavenge a few useful items from around the hangar and make a crude reinforcement for your exosuit. It's rather simple, but it'll do for now.

Quote from: Pretty much everybody else
Stick with Dath and guard him.

Everybody else sticks together as a group and remains in the hangar. Mk. 4 runs off before Dath can decide to head anywhere. That stupid Geth was going to get himself killed, and you know it. Almost on cue, a barrage of gunfire is sounded off on your radio headsets, which can only mean the Geth got himself into trouble already. As you approach the entrance to the hallway, the door opens up and you spot Mk. 4 running back and crouching down against the wall.

Status
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CJ1145 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Notes: The entire team is currently in the hallway. Directly in front of you is a sharp turn to the right, which is where the Geth troops are located. The Geth troopers have small amounts of shielding and won't be too tough to kill. The Juggernaut is made of sterner stuff.

I can't help but shake the feeling I've missed something, but I don't notice anything wrong  :-\
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:04:53 am by Krath »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dath assessed the situation in a matter of seconds and moved forward. "Change of plans; we'd better save that Geth. Alex, find a place to snipe from, and Taric, you stay back and cover him if anything gets close. Karadin, take cover at the left side of the door. Blasto, you take the right." The Krogan moved to the center of the door and raised his shotgun. "I'll lure them into the trap. Fire when ready." With that, Dath turned the corner and assaulted the enemies, opening up with a Shockwave to get their attention.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Load up Cyro ammo in the assault rifle, while readying the shogun in spare tenticles. Then take cover on the left side of the door. "This one is curious as to why the group is aiding the synthetic, it is likely it will continue to get the group into trouble if it continues running off on it's own."
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8