Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Military Training boredom!  (Read 1353 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Military Training boredom!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 06:11:36 am »

I regularly (read: always) clad my dwarves out in the full list of expensive armour from the wiki. Sure, that's a lot of mail shirts, but it gives my armoursmith something to practice on. Because the dwarves drop lower quality armour and pick up better quality stuff, it ensures that the good stuff is constantly filtering down and ensures that no armour goes to waste, because if it's not being used by a higher up, it'll find a use with a lowly no-rank.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 02:19:12 pm »

wow!  Seriously!?  If there's higher quality armour made and ready then the dorfs'll just pick it up when he/she would normally check for equipment?  That's awesome :O
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

madmaxxam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 03:24:59 pm »

wow!  Seriously!?  If there's higher quality armour made and ready then the dorfs'll just pick it up when he/she would normally check for equipment?  That's awesome :O

They go by value, so whatever quality/material combo has the best value for the armor or weapon that they're assigned to.  The value might not always correspond with the best item (i.e. if you make a cotton candy war hammer)

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 09:08:15 pm »

Wow, that whole section is in dire need of re-writing. I understood how the permit / layering system works from reading the old version of that article, but after reading the new version, I don't get it anymore. Thats right, the article is so badly written it has actually sucked the knowledge out of my head.
Pages: 1 [2]