Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fight to the death the third  (Read 5091 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the third
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 05:56:21 pm »

The one in the Youtube video linked. I couldn't understand the character's name.
You acting as if that wasn't a historically accurate representation of genghis khan.
I was saying that the Balakrishna entry was the one in the video linked by the word 'Balakrishna'. The Dschinghis Khan one was to show which version. You know, the mongol war leader with the disco tunes?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 07:54:00 pm »

I would like to submit myself as a judge.

Failing that, I would like to submit the good Terminator from Terminator 2: Judgement Day. From the scene where it does battle with a horde of police except with the 'no killing' order revoked...

Notes:
Learning computer: Highly adaptable but takes a while to get there, starts with extensive knowledge of mechanical principals, military tactics, motor vehicles, weapons, human anatomy, and basic knowledge of human interaction.
Robot: Constructed from metal, possibly future-metal... No pain reflexes, no significant effects from shallow wounds, no bruising, capable of producing largely unlimited auditory effects, immune to interpretive optical illusions, perfect memory, does not need to eat, sleep, drink, or breath, presumably shielded against electromagnetic pulses, which are also lethal to humans if powerful enough...
Armed: Has access to a handgun, grenade launcher(with multiple tear gas canisters), and a minigun(with, maybe, 20 seconds of ammunition).
Living skin: appears human to most forms of detection, although carrying a minigun in one hand would probably be a clue...

Resources: I am hoping that I can make up some repair facilities and ammo supplies, as a robot, most injuries are repairable, although mental damage would not be and its relatively advanced technology would probably make any repairs less effective then the original state.

Weaknesses: Power supply in torso, mental circuitry in head, relatively exposed joints, programmed to obey orders from a specific person, some limited emotions.

available information:
 General: extremely armed and extremely dangerous, has some form of bulletproof armour.
 Secret: schematics of forearm and computer chip, recordings of an attack on a police station, can be destroyed using heavy machinery.
 Future: detailed knowledge, but no access to its specific programming.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 08:17:30 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Williams
I'd like to nominate Ash Williams, the main character from the evil dead series.
He's Just really tough, witty, has a chainsaw for a hand, a boomstick (sawed off shotgun) he never reloads.. and seems to be able to build cars out of really basic medieval parts.
Nom nom nom

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 09:22:55 pm »

Failing that, I would like to submit the good Terminator from Terminator 2: Judgement Day. From the scene where it does battle with a horde of police except with the 'no killing' order revoked...

Notes:
Learning computer: Highly adaptable but takes a while to get there, starts with extensive knowledge of mechanical principals, military tactics, motor vehicles, weapons, human anatomy, and basic knowledge of human interaction.
Robot: Constructed from metal, possibly future-metal... No pain reflexes, no significant effects from shallow wounds, no bruising, capable of producing largely unlimited auditory effects, immune to interpretive optical illusions, perfect memory, does not need to eat, sleep, drink, or breath, presumably shielded against electromagnetic pulses, which are also lethal to humans if powerful enough...
Armed: Has access to a handgun, grenade launcher(with multiple tear gas canisters), and a minigun(with, maybe, 20 seconds of ammunition).
Living skin: appears human to most forms of detection, although carrying a minigun in one hand would probably be a clue...

Resources: I am hoping that I can make up some repair facilities and ammo supplies, as a robot, most injuries are repairable, although mental damage would not be and its relatively advanced technology would probably make any repairs less effective then the original state.

Weaknesses: Power supply in torso, mental circuitry in head, relatively exposed joints, programmed to obey orders from a specific person, some limited emotions.

available information:
 General: extremely armed and extremely dangerous, has some form of bulletproof armour.
 Secret: schematics of forearm and computer chip, recordings of an attack on a police station, can be destroyed using heavy machinery.

Hm, I assume that ed boy holds priority over other judges by I have my reservations about letting the Terminator in. Even the weaker one from that film is excessively powerful, considering that it was listed as "secret" that heavy machinery can kill him. That paints him as at the very least highly resistant to anything below that, and most contestants won't have access to that sort of power. You also imply it cannot be tricked. That is... troubling.

And certainly no repair facilities, as how could they even be carried in? And if they were, it'd give him a huge edge over more fleshy contestants as he could repair in minutes while they would take days to recover from the heavier injuries.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 10:27:20 pm »

http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Yar
I submit Uncle Yar, esteemed Freedom Member and Sniper.

Notes:
It is likely any weapon he'd bring is optimized for accuracy.

His armor is most likely SHoC version.

He's probably 40 or 50, so he's likely not to have much stamina.

Uh, he's perfect with any type of sniper rifle?

Failing that, may I submit a GDI Commando? http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Commando_%28GDI%29
To have a specific name just put Lt. Fullerton.        http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Lt._Fullerton

Whoever deserves a spot better.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:32:02 pm by Phantom »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 10:47:48 pm »

The repair facilities would be for between bouts, not within the event itself. The terminator's main weakness is its lack of ammunition...

But, failing that, What about the monster from the first predator movie?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 10:55:56 pm »

Submission:

Vriska Serket, post-Bec Noir.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 10:58:18 pm »

Submission:

Aren't the manipul8ing powers a bit overpowered?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 12:27:12 am »

Monster hunter dude/chick

well the person selects itself to fight the incoming monsters rampaging through the the village's resource spots on the islands doing requests for THE GUILD and help the village grow back. oh and you have to kill this thing that started the chain reaction:

point is you are a person that kills big ass mofo monsters.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 01:49:35 am »

Submission:

Well, it is implied that she needs to know their location, and that strong minds are unaffected.
If she does make it in, I think the Flourite Octet should stay out.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 02:39:57 am »

Submission:

Well, it is implied that she needs to know their location, and that strong minds are unaffected.
If she does make it in, I think the Flourite Octet should stay out.
Her power is shown to work on humans, but it is limited to only being able to wake them up/put them to sleep (which would be a instakill basically since she could kill them while they are sleeping.
And if she does make it in, she kinda needs the flourite octet, because its her only shown weapon. However, i don't think she should make it in because she is so dependent on luck. While if you took out her weapons then she would be pretty much useless, and would be pwned by everyone she faces.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 05:12:22 am »

If the other judges want to start running fights, feel free. Similarly, the other judges can make decisions as to whether or not certain characters should be allowed - the only thing I do that you don't is update the original post.

The one in the Youtube video linked. I couldn't understand the character's name.
You acting as if that wasn't a historically accurate representation of genghis khan.
I was saying that the Balakrishna entry was the one in the video linked by the word 'Balakrishna'. The Dschinghis Khan one was to show which version. You know, the mongol war leader with the disco tunes?
I'm confused. Wikipedia says that Dschinghis Khan is a german pop band, with a song of the same name. Are you suggesting them?

Notes:

available information:

Hm, I assume that ed boy holds priority over other judges by I have my reservations about letting the Terminator in. Even the weaker one from that film is excessively powerful, considering that it was listed as "secret" that heavy machinery can kill him. That paints him as at the very least highly resistant to anything below that, and most contestants won't have access to that sort of power. You also imply it cannot be tricked. That is... troubling.

And certainly no repair facilities, as how could they even be carried in? And if they were, it'd give him a huge edge over more fleshy contestants as he could repair in minutes while they would take days to recover from the heavier injuries.
I'm going to have to agree on the terminator overpowered stuff. The amount of damage he takes throughout the course of the movie is ridiculous.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 06:26:08 am »

oooh! oooh! Clay golem from D&D! It is basically a walking clay statue that is immune to weak blows, magic, and being hit in the weak points. Its likes include lumbering, punching, inflicting wounds that do not heal, and having a sudden but brief burst of speed when a fight starts. Its dislikes are magic that specifically affects the ground, being slowly but surely hacked limb-from-limb, and blunt weapons made from unnaturally hard materials.

Its orders are meaningless, as this one has gone berserk and seeks only to destroy all life. This entrant is funded by one of those cheap Eberron casters who can repair constructs and should be back to its hulking self after each bout...
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:33 am »

No, I'm submitting Genghis Khan, but I'm showing some of his other powers when he takes his German Disco form.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4