Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Armor for Elves/Dwarves?  (Read 1596 times)

Shelegelah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armor for Elves/Dwarves?
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:58:50 am »

So, as an Elven adventurer, I cannot wear normal human armor. Am I right in this?

And yet so far as I know, only humans have shops. Is there any reliable way to get armor to fit an elf?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Armor for Elves/Dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 07:01:47 am »

Currently you have to raid lairs to get elven stuff, and most likely it'll be wooden goodness. It would be the same case if you were a dwarf, except you could loot stuff from goblins as well.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 09:02:43 am »

There's a way to add cities for Elves and Dwarfs, they resemble Human cities, including shops stocked with correct armour. Afaik anyway.
*Hugs*

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 09:15:18 am »

...Why play as an elf in the first place? Well, I think it's possible to make humans and elves use the same armor. Not sure though.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 12:06:31 pm »

...Why play as an elf in the first place? Well, I think it's possible to make humans and elves use the same armor. Not sure though.
To attempt to redeem the elven race?

That guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 12:12:27 pm »

If you look in enough lairs you'll find small sized armor. It's always copper, bronze or iron, tho. Bandit camps sometimes have stuff that fits you in chests.

Shelegelah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 05:42:54 pm »

I play as an elf because...

Get ready for this...

I like them.

Sure, they're sissies when it comes to the trees, and they haven't yet figured out that metal is superior to wood in every respect, but goddammit they stand for their principles and they're not afraid to die for them. They're also at least as hardcore as dwarves in their own special way, due to the fact that they EAT PEOPLE. I mean, come on. That's just awesome.

And I'll just have to live with scavenging equipment from holes in the ground, I guess.

If I raid an elven settlement, will there be elven 'guards' (or the equivalent) wearing armor I could loot? I wouldn't mind getting excommunicated if it meant getting a decent set of armor, wooden or no.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 07:21:17 pm »

Well, like someone already noted...one solution is to get properly sized armor (aside from stealing them from someone) is to make them start in towns & have shops.

Another is to simply change their raw's body sizes. Elves, Dorfs & Goblins are all around the same size of [BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000] while Humans are [BODY_SIZE:12:0:70000]. By simply making the other races body size around 61000 or 60500, they'll be able to wear I think almost anything the humans can. It seems that Toady has made a certain "size range" of clothing...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Shelegelah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 07:35:43 pm »

Alright, how would I go about doing that? (The shop thing, that is, I don't want to modify the actual size of the creatures or the armor).

I'm not very proficient when it comes to the RAWs. The most I've done is make a kobold playable in adventure mode.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 08:09:34 pm »

Alright, how would I go about doing that? (The shop thing, that is, I don't want to modify the actual size of the creatures or the armor).
Just edit the civ raws of the other races in the entity_default.txt file into [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY], like the Humans.

And modifying the the races size in the creature_standard.txt is just as easy, find creature+edit some numbers=finished!
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Shelegelah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 09:36:07 pm »

Thank you, good sir. Next time you regale an audience with your delightful jibberish, remember the name Agak Agakagak, and how wondefully short his elven life was. (Why he is named in dwarven, it is not known.)

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 04:46:56 pm »

You can get helms and armor from goblin patrols that attack adventurers near their dark towers.
I usually get more armor than I need that way and dump the rest in empty lairs for later adventurers to pick up.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 05:17:38 pm »

If you kill dwarven bandits you can loot their armor and wear it. I don't think it's possible to get Elven armor in the unmodified vanilla game currently. Well, unless you kill goblins because they wear the same size armor that elves do.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 06:38:25 pm »

I usually just get giant cave spider silk and iron equipment from random goblin bandits and soldiers.  I've never met a dwarven or elven ambush, so I'm out of luck for getting steel equipment except a couple pieces from lairs.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 06:53:04 pm »

Dwarven bandits are very rare compared to humans or goblins. You usually get attacked by them near the mountains from my experience.
Pages: [1] 2