Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 54

Author Topic: Station 7, an illustrated suggestion game.  (Read 42421 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Station 7, an illustrated suggestion game.
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2010, 09:42:55 am »

If you cant outright guess it by now I'm going to be very sad.

Also the next room is not quite ready due to it being larger than this one but still having to fit in the same viewing space.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2010, 09:06:30 pm »

>:1337779991111111111 ?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2010, 10:55:43 pm »

Really? No...ok here I'm going to literally give you the solution because we've been trapped in here for a while, but if you open that and dont facepalm at your totally missing it, you cant give suggestions anymore.

Spoiler: solution (click to show/hide)
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2010, 11:07:10 pm »

What exactly was the purpose of the pentagon?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2010, 11:17:25 pm »

The star numbers all have them in their appearance...I thaught it the MOST solid clue to them...but I might have overestamated its strength of connection to star numbers.

Really I put this puzzle here as the easiest, I thaught this would be a 5-6 screen solve... dwarves must be bad at maths.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2010, 11:17:55 pm »

This is a total guess, but try entering these numbers until it unlocks: 133773181337433541661937
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2010, 11:26:13 pm »

Actually, the puzzle wasn't obvious, you used several pentagrams but neglected to show a hexagram. Not only that but the clicking definitely threw me off. Most of those weren't even star numbers, but were actually centered pentagonal numbers. I'm thinking there were too many series and combinations. Loving the illustrations though. I pick 1-31-51-141-181 (Prime Centered Pentagonal Numbers). Could we know the password length?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 11:27:57 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2010, 11:30:34 pm »

The star numbers all have them in their appearance...

Star numbers are HEXagons.  The ceiling had a PENTagon...

The notion of centered pentagonal prime numbers was rather obvious.  I dismissed it because the first of those numbers is 31, which you appeared to have ruled out.  I alluded to this fact a day ago:
Knowledge that the answer is not the list of centered pentagonal prime numbers
Which should have made it rather clear that you were misdirecting us.  For the clues you'd given us, I'd already solved your damn puzzle despite the misdirect of thinking that the answer started with a 1 or 11 when in fact it started with a 31.  And then you call me stupid.  >:(
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2010, 11:51:57 pm »

It should be obvious why I used it as a password to the twelfth digit of its primes.
Yes...anyways first forum game, dead horse and all...time used to finish layout and next rooms.

Frankly going back to change the entire game because I messed up the difference between hexagon and pentagon, is rather ostentatiuos of me and tedious to actually do.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2010, 11:54:24 pm »

>:(
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2010, 12:05:02 am »

Yes, I'm sorry...I suck at getting things right...I'm a clothier afterall, not an organizer damnit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2010, 12:05:33 am »

Wow, you guys are stupid because I messed up.
fixed

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2010, 12:06:02 am »

I'm all for number puzzles, but changing the ENTIRE game. Really? I would personally include work-arounds if you keep the obscure mathmatic references. Just in case no one gets it.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2010, 12:10:15 am »

Well, might as well open that door.

I might not be around much for the next few days, so don't feel shunned if I don't post.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2010, 12:19:54 am »

If you fail to give your players an idea of what the puzzle should be, it's not their fault for not getting it. You really did just give a bunch of numbers and assume we would research prime numbers until we magically figured out the exact variant you were looking for. Solutions should either be made up material presented within the game or based off of combining public knowledge with material presented in the game; or alternatively, if you're going to have a lot of puzzles which require people googling around until they find something they hope is an answer, you should have established that earlier. As another alternative... don't make your answers so exact and unflinching, and be willing to edit the solution requirements if the players are obviously not anywhere near to getting the answer. I feel like you showed us a picture of a baby kitten and expected us to guess "Garfield."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 54