Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Spark (Freeform SciFi, OOC thread)  (Read 5563 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Spark (Freeform SciFi, Signup thread)
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2010, 08:37:26 pm »

typo.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2010, 08:38:40 pm »

Too bad.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2010, 08:35:22 am »

Hey now, when I started writing my character there was only one evil criminal in the game. It's not my fault I got distracted during the writing >_>
Or that he turned out sounding more like a violent thug than the starship engineer I first intended.

Anyhow, you guys have fun, I'm hoping for a NPC cameo nevertheless.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2010, 10:16:11 am »

well have fun...i think my ideas got taken up the wrong way but nevertheless... ;)

i'm still going to watch/read it...

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2010, 11:10:02 am »

Well if we're demanding cameos now then I want one to! Then I get to watch my char die! And not worry! Yay!
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2010, 11:59:13 am »

uh can you squeeze this character in?

Name: Eric Ryc

Any important physical characteristics:a scanning eye implant, scars on his left arm, weedy build, highly dense bones due to radiation exposure, white, hetrochromic: Black//green, 5'11.

Describe something special about your character:A cheerful man despite from having aspergers, is able to communicate very well though don't expect a joke from him.

What your character does for a living:by trade he is a engineer but he can pilot, scavenge, smith, hunt (well maybe not much for that), smuggle (well piloting smuggler ships).

Where your character is from and a touch of background:He is a earthkind sent to live in the space stations as 16 before the destruction of earth. He was then conscripted to a fighter division to assist a space station transporting into the asteroid fields. Course ships were very limited so he outfitted a small 20 man corvette class ship with 2 rail turrets and 4 tracker rocket packs. He has been in heated battles where he was outnumbered by 20:3 but least they had power on their side instead of numbers. He has been accredited for destroying a Cruiser but he joked that the cruiser was already damaged and they left the power core exposed. after the space station reached the asteroid fields he began constructing robotic mines and refineries to create a colony. after 2 years the colony completed so he was sent to other stations to create trade and protection rights. after that he went freelance
and went around for jobs. last bar fight he got into he was explaining to a pilot the mechanics of the power core when two smugglers knocked his drink over, he discovered then that his eye can also scan biologic objects and scanned the men for weaknesses. he successfully  broke limbs by swinging his wrench around.

Any notable skills you wouldn't expect from the above information:he can dodge and is a quick thinker and can improvise with weapons long range and close quarters.

Any notable relationships you wouldn't expect from the above information:knows the best bars and smugglers hideout and has a powerful influence over some of the asteroid colonies due to his work.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:09:24 pm by bloodsheder »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2010, 12:49:58 pm »

Hehe, good luck Armok :p  Also, an internet cookie for each reference you can find in my character description. A clue: there are two conscious ones.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2010, 08:27:11 pm »

I vote against bloodsheders character getting in.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2010, 09:05:19 pm »

Eh?  Any particular reason?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2010, 12:32:59 am »

Why because im not violent enough or the lame background?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2010, 01:20:53 am »

I've already done a round of purging the violent guys as not fitting the setting and only kept more restrained ones.  Being able to keep from murdering someone for five minutes at a time isn't just acceptable, it's mandatory.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2010, 02:01:31 am »

I've already done a round of purging the violent guys as not fitting the setting and only kept more restrained ones.  Being able to keep from murdering someone for five minutes at a time isn't just acceptable, it's mandatory.
uhh am i in?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2010, 03:12:10 am »

Can I join?

Name: Cyrus Matthews
Any important physical characteristics: Is rather tall and lanky, yet muscular from a life of farm work.
Describe something special about your character: Is rather friendly, but has a tendency to keep things secret. He enjoys helping others any way he can. With his words, he is usually rather brief and to the point.
What your character does for a living: Martian farmhand
Where your character is from and a touch of background: His parents had emigrated from Earth to Mars, hoping to be gain some amount of land that they could pass on to their children. Sometime in the 2170's they had saved up enough money that work could begin on the Matthews' Martian Homestead. When Cyrus was born, the family's little dome had finished with construction.
Any notable skills you wouldn't expect from the above information:He has a certain natural talent for repair and maintenance.
Any notable relationships you wouldn't expect from the above information: Aaron and Linda Matthews, his parents; a few older and younger siblings; some friends among the Year-rounders from the bigger domes
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2010, 08:51:51 am »

Well, if we're looking for "restraint", can I change my character a bit mainiac? Instead of a criminal, I want to be a chaotic good Private investigator. Really fits me more, now that I think if it. :)

If you give me the go ahead, i'll modify my char sheet.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2010, 12:06:37 pm »

mainiac, when did you say we were going to start again?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5