Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Vegetable oil incoming!  (Read 4593 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Vegetable oil incoming!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 06:19:48 am »

mmm !!cake!!
This is a blank sig.

TailorTF

• Bay Watcher
  • You know pots?Yeah,let's use pots now.Forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 06:30:22 am »

mmm !!cake!!

Yup,!!cake!! is great.Too bad that it's a lie...
Also,on the matter of oil,it would make an interesting liquid with the addition of the "ignite" designation.Don't have magma yet?Drown your enemies in a sea of fire instead!

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 06:43:18 am »

Also,on the matter of oil,it would make an interesting liquid with the addition of the "ignite" designation.Don't have magma yet?Drown your enemies in a sea of fire instead!

And for adventure mode, that may also mean lanterns for further sight while travelling at night or into dungeons! And you could fend off boogeymen with a lantern!

And shooting flaming ballistas/arrows/nobles covered in oil! The possibilities are endless!

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 07:42:01 am »

Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 10:59:12 am »

"Quit now, and cake will be served immediately." ~ Portal

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 11:03:14 am »

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:02 am »

I'm assuming vegetable oil to be like other existing farm products like syrup: you can't flood or drown with it, it's just an ingredient for cooking. Would be cool if it had a penchant for blowing up if a magma accident happened.

I'm more interested in the Raws tags that'll come with eggs and shearing. Can you imagine sticking the "can shear this animal" tag on cats or harpies? Now you can make cat fur mittens to go with the cat leather gloves!
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 11:36:14 am »

I'm more interested in the Raws tags that'll come with eggs and shearing. Can you imagine sticking the "can shear this animal" tag on cats or harpies? Now you can make cat fur mittens to go with the cat leather gloves!

If eggs are item objects, then we can finally smelt animals! :P
A reaction-created cow egg might turn into a cow, which then breeds normally for a cow.
If the egg growth time could be lowered to a few frames/steps, it would look like a creature was created at the workshop. Dwarven golems, anyone? Custom robot workshop? Adventurer reaction summoning magic?

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 12:12:45 pm »

If eggs are item objects, then we can finally smelt animals! :P
A reaction-created cow egg might turn into a cow, which then breeds normally for a cow.
If the egg growth time could be lowered to a few frames/steps, it would look like a creature was created at the workshop. Dwarven golems, anyone? Custom robot workshop? Adventurer reaction summoning magic?

Truly the dwarven community is to be feared, which I happily endorse with all my dwarven appreciation.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 01:56:07 pm »

I don't get why people are so excited over oil.I personally more like the incoming eggs.I mean,really,it's basically the first step to cake!But yeah,it could have it's applications...giant dragon dwarf statue launching fireballs out of it's mouth,anybody?

thank you,

personally I am more excited for eggs and wool then oil.  This also makes the clothing industry more viable.  this also brings in the prospect of warm clothing for dwarfs to survive the winter.
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 02:26:06 pm »

If more than just sheep are amongst the new shearable animals, does that mean...

HERE'S A LLAMA THERE'S A LLAMA
AND ANOTHER LITTLE LLAMA
FUZZY LLAMA FUNNY LLAMA
LLAMA LLAMA DORF?

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 02:51:27 pm »

In b4 someone finds a use for vegitable oil as a trap/engine to make your pumps go forever/creates a fort out of frozen vegatable oil

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 03:02:23 pm »

Or livestock that spawn chairs that eventually turn into more of that livestock.

Actually, I can picture animals in the caverns that literally lay rocks as eggs. Special rocks, that turn into that animal, and whose parents get really pissed off when some stupid human miners don't recognize them and build a wall out of them.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 03:38:24 pm »

Or livestock that spawn chairs that eventually turn into more of that livestock.

Actually, I can picture animals in the caverns that literally lay rocks as eggs. Special rocks, that turn into that animal, and whose parents get really pissed off when some stupid human miners don't recognize them and build a wall out of them.

sounds like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 06:21:01 pm »

Toady mentioned making soap out of vegetable oil in an earlier update, right? He's making my work obsolete!
くコ:彡
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4