Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: soldiers permanent pale/faint  (Read 740 times)

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
soldiers permanent pale/faint
« on: December 13, 2010, 04:11:07 pm »

few of my soldiers sustained broken ears in the dangerroom trainings due to bad equip ...

now 2 of em run around with pale and faint condition .. despite being otherwise megastrong unfatigable and extremely quick to heal ... of course their mood is falling too since ears are a major injury on their tab  ..

anyone an idea when pale and faint usually drop from the conditions? as i read in the wiki both are sideeffects of bloodloss

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: soldiers permanent pale/faint
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 04:17:10 pm »

That is either bloodloss or infection causing that message, have a look at their health screens.

They will either get over it or die, do you have a hospital set up?

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 04:30:47 pm »

strange enough there isnt anything on the medical tab .. just the ears in the description + pale/faint

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 04:39:31 pm »

Does your fortress have a hospital?

For something like that they would just need a quick clean, suture and dressing.
If they don't go and get medical treatment for that then there is a high chance of getting an infection and dying.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 04:49:21 pm »

Does your fortress have a hospital?

For something like that they would just need a quick clean, suture and dressing.
If they don't go and get medical treatment for that then there is a high chance of getting an infection and dying.
it has

none of the soldiers went to it or had any notices that they have to besides the wound.. infections were not shown ,.. but funny enough 3 of em just died  between trainings.. succumbing on the cold floor  inkl my captn of the guard .. now i got a nice tantrum wave swapping through the halls just when the spray machine got finished and activated :D

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 04:53:27 pm »

Oh well, at least that's the first problem solved anyway.  :D

Have fun with the zerkers.  ;)

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 04:57:46 pm »

not any zerkers ..  they just sob and are unhappy to miserable^^

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 05:19:43 pm »

had to replay due to a crash and now i get it .. all were pale because of infection that was not shown or diagnosed .. all soldiers with the condition died allmost the same time .. 6 in the number o.O

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 05:30:17 pm »

Out of curiosity, did you take them off duty when they got injured?

I'm wondering if the reason they didn't seek medical help was because they were still required in the training area in order to meet the minimum set amount.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 06:09:22 pm »

usually they went themselves . but this time no no ofduty ... maybe i should do that instantly next time .. btw the tantrum spiral is going round .. allready 20 deaths .. 12 alone by the new captn .. by punching brains in .. first time i ever witnessed such a massive tantrum spiral .. all because of pierced ears :/

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 07:06:13 pm »

Pierced ears is elven hippie bullshit. Dwarves just don't stand for that kind of thing.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 07:18:22 pm »

Pierced ears is elven hippie bullshit. Dwarves just don't stand for that kind of thing.

quite .. but still they die because of it :)

btwhad to abandon .. within 30min realtime the whole fortress engulfed in chaos and slaughter ... guard-squad vs tantrummers vs berzerking tigermen that were on trade visit but could not get out because of a frogman siege (70 frogs ...).. before the first guardsquad succumbed and started the thing there were 130 dwarfes on abandon 8 were left...