Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: World Viewer 2.0 - View World information with Map + Mod Support  (Read 72022 times)

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer 2.0 - View World information with Map + Mod Support
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2010, 11:01:08 am »

Sweet... can't wait to try it when I get home. Sorting is a big feature I've been wanting for this.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2010, 04:12:03 pm »

Newest version gives me a run-time error '424 object required'

On your files, or the test files?  I just tried on another computer and the test files loaded without problem.

If it's your files, could you share them?

Sweet... can't wait to try it when I get home. Sorting is a big feature I've been wanting for this.

Definitely let me know if there's something you think of that you think would be helpful that I haven't done.

I put in everything you listed already, except:

war impact - not sure if I can somehow find civ population at the time of the war
civ age - I just actually thought of a way to determine when a civ "died out".  I assume it occurs when a civ no longer has any sites, but it's hard to tell if that is really "dead" because I can't continue genning a world after I find out a civ has died.  Nevertheless, knowing the year at which a site lost it's last site is definitely within the realm of possibility, and I'll see what I can do with that.  This also opens up the possibility of a future "number of sites v. time" sort of line graph, which could be awesome.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2010, 04:29:25 pm »

Same file that's on page three of this thread.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2010, 04:30:57 pm »

Same file that's on page three of this thread.

Thanks,

Also, with all the changes to the data I neglected working on the map last update, and it looks like it may break in some cases, I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2010, 12:44:23 pm »

Newest version gives me a run-time error '424 object required'

Fixed in 2.0.14.  TINY fix for that.

Also, a few other pretty important bug fixes and speed improvements that should work well.  I was able to parse a 1.6GB file in a respectable amount of time without any sort of bugs, so that's nice :).

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2010, 08:48:31 pm »

Nice work.  This tool is very handy while I'm out and about with an adventurer.  Thanks again.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2010, 09:41:24 am »

Question!

Does this wonderful thingy work with older version, namely, 40d?

Basically, the exported files are the same, but I just want to know if someone tried before I will try myself.

EDIT: Ahhh, 40d doesn't export the crucial XML file. What a pity :<
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 10:01:22 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2010, 12:58:57 pm »

at least you can look at the map =P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2010, 02:06:03 pm »

I can do the same thing in Paint :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2010, 02:09:44 pm »

true!....but this program is made for it therefore it must be better!  :P

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2010, 07:23:34 pm »

40d didn't have export to xml?

Send me your map/history/site file and I'll duplicate my program, and strip everything away and see what I can get.  If the history/site files don't include coordinates, I can't do much with the maps, but if there are history/site files I can probably do something fairly easily by just cutting out portions.

If you send it to me I'll see if I can put up a single 40d version (I probably won't add to it after though).  If you're really interested in it, sending me a few sets from different worlds might make it better.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2010, 11:44:37 pm »

40d didn't have export to xml?

Send me your map/history/site file and I'll duplicate my program, and strip everything away and see what I can get.  If the history/site files don't include coordinates, I can't do much with the maps, but if there are history/site files I can probably do something fairly easily by just cutting out portions.

If you send it to me I'll see if I can put up a single 40d version (I probably won't add to it after though).  If you're really interested in it, sending me a few sets from different worlds might make it better.

The ones you sent just had the save files, not the site/history files.  Since your saves files appeared to be from a modded version I wasn't able to pull them.

I don't know if this will work with your files, because they are modded, but it worked with the test ones I had included.  I didn't really check anything, just cut out the xml file checks, and removed some irrelevant tabs (wars/hist figs/ect.) so there might be some issues.  Let me know what you think.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3611
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:47:52 pm by Mason11987 »

Frosty_Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling DFer, Legendary Lazy, Proficient Sleeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2010, 04:09:03 am »

Run-time error '9'

Subscript out of range.  I'll edit this post if I figure out wtf went wrong, but atm yeah.... I got nuttin.

edit 4:11 am: oh yeah, test files packed with it work fine.
edit 4:22 am: link to a Dffd upload of the file in question, it should work fine if its just the xml, bmp and txt files and nothing else right?
edit 4:28 am: genned a random as small as possible world, same runtime error, I'll unpack a generic copy of DF and see if that works, but I'm not hoping for that. though I suppose I could cut out the genesis pack if thats causing something odd, but it doesn't seem like that should be... oh yeah its 3.18 in case this isn't compatable with that version yet.
oh hell, where's the link. here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3618
edit4: huh. it loaded the generic 3.18 copy no problem. I guess it doesn't support modded races or something like that. oh well, no biggie then.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 04:32:08 am by Frosty_Dorf »

honestly, that was a ragequit moment.  The friggin thief just walked on past and grabbed it.  There were like 100+ floors yet to be placed.
My computer struggled to load all the demons.  Then, next frame, I check the unit list....
The last.... 4+ pages.... all demons.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2010, 04:17:03 am »

@Mason: But I put the three .txt files and map in the folders!
SigFlags!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2010, 12:21:21 pm »

Run-time error '9'

Subscript out of range.  I'll edit this post if I figure out wtf went wrong, but atm yeah.... I got nuttin.

edit 4:11 am: oh yeah, test files packed with it work fine.
edit 4:22 am: link to a Dffd upload of the file in question, it should work fine if its just the xml, bmp and txt files and nothing else right?
edit 4:28 am: genned a random as small as possible world, same runtime error, I'll unpack a generic copy of DF and see if that works, but I'm not hoping for that. though I suppose I could cut out the genesis pack if thats causing something odd, but it doesn't seem like that should be... oh yeah its 3.18 in case this isn't compatable with that version yet.
oh hell, where's the link. here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3618
edit4: huh. it loaded the generic 3.18 copy no problem. I guess it doesn't support modded races or something like that. oh well, no biggie then.

I've ran through probably 8 or so different mods and genned worlds and they all worked fine.  But if one of them made a change that impacted the xml/site/history files in a way I didn't realize could be changed it could cause problems.

I'm downloading your files now to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8