Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: World Viewer 2.0 - View World information with Map + Mod Support  (Read 72014 times)

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer 2.0 - View World information with Map + Mod Support
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2010, 05:28:38 pm »

Hi, very nice program with a few some bugs
As you can see in your image, the number of losses of the defender has to different values (13 fallen in battle and 10 in the whole war hugh?)

Good eye, the total on the left doesn't count historical figures that have died, the one on the right does.  I'll fix this for next release.

Also when you have more than 2 races in one town (or what ever) the third ... race isn't displayed (I guess you should make the label a bit bigger)[in "civ" tab]
Yeah, that'll probably become a scrollable list at some point, because some sites have 8 or 9 different races (normally player sites, but I've seen it in other cases).  But I'll just stretch it a little for now.

Futher it would be nice, wheter you could display for each civ the total number of people and maybe towns (just as an idea).

Yup, after I finish linking I'm going to start getting "totals" for various things all over the place, and that was one of them.  I'm half done with doing linking stuff now, so maybe tomorrow I'll work on this.

The last point I thought about was that you could (in the war tab in the box with the different units) structure it a bit more, sorting by race and/ or make a tree instead of a confused list
e.g.:   -drawfs 100/ 54 died
                     -    town A 45/ 13 died
                     -    town B  55/ 31 died
         -trolls 12/ 0 died
                    - site A  4/ 0 died
                    - site B  8/ 0died

Thanks a lot for making legends mode better/ easier ;)

That's not a bad idea.  I'll see if there is any better grouping I could do there.  For now I didn't want to deviate from the "squad" system in the xml though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:30:14 pm by Mason11987 »

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2010, 09:06:02 pm »

Also, enjoy checking out the source.  If you don't have VB6, you might still be able to get something from it by opening them in notepad.
VB6? nice, oldie but goldie  8)  8)  8)

thanks a lot for sharing, gonna look at the world parser asap

the code looks compact and simple, so porting it to C/C++/perl/python/ruby should now be a minor issue for one of us linux users ...
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2010, 11:20:46 pm »

Also, enjoy checking out the source.  If you don't have VB6, you might still be able to get something from it by opening them in notepad.
VB6? nice, oldie but goldie  8)  8)  8)

thanks a lot for sharing, gonna look at the world parser asap

the code looks compact and simple, so porting it to C/C++/perl/python/ruby should now be a minor issue for one of us linux users ...

I have experience with C, and a little bit with ruby, so in terms of storing and messing with data I'm sure I could do the same thing with those, but nothing else seems quite as simple to create the presentation as VB, which is why I use it.  Because if I can't get something presented easily, then I normally don't have the drive to keep working on something.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 11:29:17 pm by Mason11987 »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2010, 12:15:45 pm »

Released 2.0.12

Added extensive linking between tabs so it's easy to get some more information about different things: 

http://mason11987.imgur.com/world_viewer

Blue links go to other areas, including to the map.
Also, clicking sites on the map go to that site.

Finally, fixed various bugs and added a list of people who died at a particular site or region, more could be added there, but that'll be on the list for later.

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2010, 04:03:10 pm »

Hm... thought. In the vein of color coding the lines on the map by race (thanks for that, by the way!) why not organize the Civs on the civ screen the same way. Either with an expanding tree structure, or with headings.

Definitely looking forward to proper counts, and the program doing the math for us.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2010, 04:43:45 pm »

Hm... thought. In the vein of color coding the lines on the map by race (thanks for that, by the way!) why not organize the Civs on the civ screen the same way. Either with an expanding tree structure, or with headings.

Definitely looking forward to proper counts, and the program doing the math for us.

I'm going to be working on various sorting options, but the default sort for the civ tab is by race now.  I don't know if I'll diverge from using the basic listbox (so no tree/headings in the box) at least in the near future, but sorting and then filtering should help out.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2010, 08:16:35 pm »

One of my must-haves.

When you expand the races tabs, are you going to have a count of population for each race? I'd kill for something like that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2010, 10:53:33 pm »

This sounds interesting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2010, 01:15:24 pm »

I get "Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument" on my modded dwarf fortress world.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oyzwk8

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2010, 02:27:21 pm »

I get "Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument" on my modded dwarf fortress world.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oyzwk8

I was able to parse it and view it easily. 

Either I fixed it since my last release (not much really fixed since then), or possibly you selected files incorrectly?  You don't select the world gen parem file at all.  So try it again and keep that in mind.

When does it fail?  What do you have in the worldviewer.log file?  If it still fails upon trying again, wait til my next release, it should work then.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2010, 02:38:53 pm »

It stops at 89.5% - 180599 of 201863.

Tried it on both Windows Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.

Here's WorldViewer.log

Spoiler: Warning: Long (click to show/hide)

helf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2010, 06:26:11 pm »

I just tried it on a fresh world gen with a fresh copy of .18 and it crashes still :( Even crashes with a procedure error with the test files. I'm on windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

What information do you need to trouble shoot this?
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »

I just tried it on a fresh world gen with a fresh copy of .18 and it crashes still :( Even crashes with a procedure error with the test files. I'm on windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

What information do you need to trouble shoot this?

I just downloaded my most recent version so I'm using exactly the same file you are on the same OS (not that I expect it will vary much on windows) and it loads fine with the test files.  Have you tried not viewing anything until it was completely loaded?  If you could try that and it still crashes, run it with Log Only Errors off and tell me what the worldviewer.log file shows, that might help.

Maybe try running in admin mode too?  It does write to some files, not that I expect it would need that to write to them.  Are you sure everything is extracted that is in the zip?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 09:27:59 pm by Mason11987 »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2010, 05:41:07 pm »

Released 8.0.13

Pretty massive set of changes.  A few required due to some limitations I've hit in VB, which required me to pull out the map, and the extra tabs into separate windows.  I was planning that eventually though, so it's probably better I do it now.

Also, I went through and put in a large amount of sorting options.  If there is something particular you'd like to see, let me know, and I'll work on it.

Sorting options I have in now.
  • Civ - Name, Total Population, Race Name, Site Count, War Count
  • Site - Name, Nick/Alt Name, Civ Name, Site Type, Total Population, Number of Owners, Number of Attacks, Number of Deaths
  • War - Name, Start date, End date, Duration, Total Losses, Battle Count
  • Leader - Name, Civ Name, Race, Birthdate, Deathdate, Age, Number of Transforms, Kills, Number of Links
  • Worshipped - Name, Type (Deity/Force), Civ worshipper count, Leader worshipper count, Sphere count
  • Hist Fig - Name, Race, Caste, Birthdate, Deathdate, Age, Kills [These often take awhile, sorting 15k things isn't extremely fast with the method I'm using, but I intend to improve on it]
  • Region - Name, Type, Deaths at site
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 07:19:07 pm by Mason11987 »

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2010, 08:17:06 am »

Newest version gives me a run-time error '424 object required'
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8