Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunting/War Vermin  (Read 363 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Hunting/War Vermin
« on: December 12, 2010, 09:09:31 pm »

So, is it possible? Will an intelligent tamed vermin actually help out their bearded masters (like a hunting vermin with a syndrome inducing sting quickly disable a prey before the Hunterdwarf start shooting/stabbing it or  WarFairy distracting siegers as an axedorf cuts heads from behind, maybe Large Roaches acting as early skulking alarms)? Or are they just too dumb right now and simply flutter around & try not to be eaten by cats?

If ever this was possible, can they even be hit by enemies? mainly asking just out of curiosity...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting/War Vermin
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:14:13 pm »

I think the [VERMIN] tag or whatever it is handles most of their path-finding, meaning that they won't actively seek out invaders/ alert you of a thief's presence (because they technically aren't creatures). I think the best bet you'll have with this is something with a injected syndrome hanging around the front of your fort. This is just a hunch though.

And no, I doubt anything would be able to kill them, unless they had that tag that cats have enabling them to kill them.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 09:16:32 pm by OmnipotentGrue »