Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: foreign weapons??  (Read 3052 times)

Bognor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: foreign weapons??
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 12:40:24 am »

Sure sounds like a feature to me, maybe one that rarely has an effect.  "She prefers familiar routines"  ...and familiar weapons?  "She loves a good thrill"  ...like killing someone?  "She is getting used to tragedy"  ...so inflicting death isn't such a big deal?

Or maybe I'm clutching at straws.  I guess "quick to anger" or something is what I might have expected.  Though I do notice the next steps down from "prefers familiar routines" are "is uncomfortable with change" and "is resistant to change".  Can't get more resistant to change than killing someone who tries to take your favorite weapon.

Tai_MT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 01:19:29 am »

But if it is a "feature" and not a "bug", then what made her ignore her Uniform and pick the thing up to begin with?  As I said before, her Uniform was "metal short sword" and not "metal long sword".  And yet she still ditched out her copper short sword for said weapon.

And then she killed to hold onto it, after getting attached to it.

I wasn't even aware she had the silver sword until I got the announcement she was attached to it.

EDIT:  You know, I just thought of it...  Maybe the death of the dwarf who took it, was unrelated to the fact that he took it.  My military dwarves do sometimes murder civilians from "being on duty too long".  And with an item marked only for "dumping" and not "melting" and not "forbidden"...  Maybe she just lashed out at him for an unrelated reason, saw her weapon she was attached to, and picked it back up after the murder?

I do sometimes have dwarves ignore the "dump" order and leave items laying around for years and years without doing anything with them.

Maybe that's the case?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:42:31 am by Tai_MT »
Elves aren't environmentalists, they're the smartest businessmen ever created in Dwarf Fortress.  Think about it, the only plants they want you to use are the ones they supply.  They even go so far as to attack you for producing too much lumber of your own.  They're not hippies, they're violent businessmen!

Bognor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 02:08:34 am »

Mm, sounds entirely plausible.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 06:51:54 am »

Actually, you\ve been told a load of bullshit. Not all weapons can be used by dwarves.

All weapons have a minimum size and a two handed size. A lot of foreign weapons have sizes of 65000 or more, while dwarves are only size 62500.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 [2]