Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bow for dwarves  (Read 442 times)

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bow for dwarves
« on: December 12, 2010, 11:25:53 am »

I have no experience in DF modding. How can i make my dwarves shoot, produce and make arrows for bows? Ie i can make a new weapon like "Dwarven Short bow" and set it up? How do i make it?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Bow for dwarves
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 11:51:56 am »

Look up on wiki on item & entity tokens. Also reading on combat mechanism encouraged. Definition of existing bow is in item_weapon, which should give you a good example on how it's done.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Architekt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 02:44:03 pm »

ELF  >:(

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 03:21:10 pm »

short bows are not that elfish as long bows would be :p

my pen&paper dwarf hunter got a crossbow and a short bow (and a two handed axe and javelins and a dagger and woodcutting axe and so on) while sure best i use the crossbow, the 15 rounds reload make them useless in battle (the shortbow with right talents can shoot twice per round in comparison, dealing more damage than some of the melee weapons) :x so its not that stupid for a marksdwarf to use bows.
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."