Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 105 dwarfs 50% idle Wat to do?  (Read 1167 times)

Twistolation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
105 dwarfs 50% idle Wat to do?
« on: December 12, 2010, 10:10:51 am »

So, 3 yearsin, after multiple 20+ waves, a millitary of 15 ELITE spoilerstone cladded tanks with a battleaxes. ALL of the underground cleared out, i even drained the water out of the cavers systems to keep myself entertained!

I have no elves in this world, so pissing them off is out of the matter, and the goblins have left me alone, even tough i have exported about 50 masterwork spoilerstone breastplates to try and lure them to my fort and watch the bits fly, its kinda dead out there, SO? wat should i do to keep my dwarves busy?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 105 dwarfs 50% idle Wat to do?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 10:20:14 am »

Hell?

Twistolation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 10:29:35 am »

I've already opened that up aswel, still cleaning up clown bits

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 10:38:53 am »

Tower to heaven.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Twistolation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 10:39:59 am »

HMM nice idea, going to make is out of all that damned electrum i have around

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 10:40:20 am »

let em smooth the area .. or make massive wrestlersquads and throw em into the dangerrooms to find out whos bough and who not :)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 11:11:36 am »

mega construction?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 11:12:56 am »

Megaconstruction based on your fort's name.
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

Twistolation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 11:49:57 am »

Well i killed the forstress, did something true to the name, tremble death, dug out the entire perimiter, causing it to "cave" in:D 105 dead dwarfs, doused it with some magma to finish it, going to go in with this world:D thanks for the help guys!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 11:57:06 am »

3 years in? Dunno, maybe put SPEED:3000 on your dorfs and do a new fort for a change?
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Tai_MT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 12:57:57 pm »

I dunno, I'd have waited for more titans, forgotten beasts, and other things to show up.  And try to cage them.  Then when I had enough (about 20 or so), then I would've put them in an arena with a single squad of dwarves to see who's toughest.

Of course, I also don't get bored too easily with this game, and am constantly finding ways to keep my dwarves busy.  I turn on/off certain jobs, build more workshops to satisfy the amount of them, constantly have jobs queued...

The real challenge I have is keeping enough raw materials available for all dwarves to be busy at all times.

And when trees grow so slow, and I don't need to mine so much, that gets difficult.
Elves aren't environmentalists, they're the smartest businessmen ever created in Dwarf Fortress.  Think about it, the only plants they want you to use are the ones they supply.  They even go so far as to attack you for producing too much lumber of your own.  They're not hippies, they're violent businessmen!

Durin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »

Off topic,

Tai, I was reading your siggy, and I wondered if you were aware that that is more or less exactly why people don't like hippies -- they pretend to care about the environment while raping your pocketbook left and right for drug money.

Tai_MT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 02:51:15 pm »

Yes, I am aware of that.  Environmentalists never care about the environment.  If they did, they would've saved it by now and wouldn't continue to ask for money or drive SUVs.  The Eco-terrorists also wouldn't burn down houses (which causes pollution!) or other such things.

But, my sig makes the point that calling Elves "Environmentalists" is wrong.  They don't care about the environment.  They want to monopolize the plant/wood industry and they're unionized to the point that ANYONE cutting down trees but them, they instantly go to war with!
Elves aren't environmentalists, they're the smartest businessmen ever created in Dwarf Fortress.  Think about it, the only plants they want you to use are the ones they supply.  They even go so far as to attack you for producing too much lumber of your own.  They're not hippies, they're violent businessmen!

Durin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 03:13:05 pm »

Hehe!

Aaah, a kindred spirit.

Sorry, couldn't help myself but to try to stir some you-know.

Tai_MT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 04:14:39 pm »

I'm honestly waiting for an update to this game where they have a race of sentient creatures who remind me of PETA, who also routinely put their animals to sleep in order to make room for more in their shelters.

But hey, that's just me.

Plus, I'd love to buy corpses off of a caravan every year.

But, I'd guess I'm probably the only one.
Pages: [1] 2