Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ok, one thing I dont get.  (Read 982 times)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ok, one thing I dont get.
« on: December 12, 2010, 09:45:19 am »

I can be chasing down an enemy, and they'll be wounded and bleeding, and then out of no where they will turn around, become the hulk and attack about fifteen times in a row without interruption and beat me into a bloody mess.
It's totally random.
What the hell is that about?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ok, one thing I dont get.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:57:36 am »

It's totally random

And that's the catch. This is a roguelike, after all.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 11:45:11 am »

I can be chasing down an enemy, and they'll be wounded and bleeding, and then out of no where they will turn around, become the hulk and attack about fifteen times in a row without interruption and beat me into a bloody mess.
It's totally random.
What the hell is that about?

Did you get a message like "_ is enraged"?  That ups their combat skills.  Also, a lucky shot is more than enough to make you pass out (especially if you have low Willpower), which gives them free hits on your head until you wake up.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 12:09:15 pm »

That could be it. I should pay more attention to the logs.

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 03:48:21 pm »

Yeah, chances are they either knocked you unconscious or did something else to disable you.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 06:35:12 pm »

That could be it. I should pay more attention to the logs.

Your announcements log is saved to a text file in the same folder as your game, so you could look through that and see if anything screwy happened.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 04:08:50 am »

Usually when they're wounded, when they notice you're just getting closer and closer and there is no point in trying to run from you, they just give up. Then they get back on you with the force of despair.
You've probably slaughtered many many wounded foes who stopped running away without even realising it. One only notices the ones who kill him.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 11:18:43 am »

Usually when they're wounded, when they notice you're just getting closer and closer and there is no point in trying to run from you, they just give up. Then they get back on you with the force of despair.
You've probably slaughtered many many wounded foes who stopped running away without even realising it. One only notices the ones who kill him.

This.  This is why I always try to sweep up the wounded if they aren't disarmed.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.