Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265288 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2850 on: August 08, 2011, 07:27:04 pm »

Bethseda, whatever others may say, makes good games.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: August 08, 2011, 07:28:02 pm »

Well I for one can't wait, I've been waiting for a good epic RPG that lets me actually control my character in combat for years and years, ever since I was bitterly disappointed with Oblivion. As long as it has a decent hit detection (ie. the Mount&Blade "hit = weapon makes contact with enemy" system, not the Oblivion "hit = crosshair is on enemy" one), I'll be happy.

Lately I thought Witcher 2 might do the trick, but it's ruined by the controls.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:38:17 pm by Sordid »

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: August 08, 2011, 09:11:04 pm »

I think people are just nervous about one of their most anticipated games of 2011 turning out badly due to x, y, and z.

I think gamers just love to bitch and moan about how terrible games are that aren't even out yet.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: August 08, 2011, 09:25:20 pm »

I for one am excited!  The fact that they have to cater to the 360 means they can't focus on shiny pretty graphics, so they will be forced to add to gameplay! Combined with the success of Fallout 3/NV, this has a good chance of being another Morrowind!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: August 08, 2011, 09:29:12 pm »

I for one am excited!  The fact that they have to cater to the 360 means they can't focus on shiny pretty graphics, so they will be forced to add to gameplay! Combined with the success of Fallout 3/NV, this has a good chance of being another Morrowind!

Or possibly they won't change the gameplay much at all from Oblivion. That sold well enough.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: August 08, 2011, 09:33:58 pm »

Wrong. They are focusing on graphics because they are catering to 360. Nothing of the technical parts of the gameplay would be improved. We could see some refined mechanics but the whole streamlining process sounds as bullshit as ever.
Infact I can bet that it took them over an year to optimize their game for the consoles. Think about it for a second. A year, which could instead be used to make the game much more impressive wasted just because of some people who couldn't afford a PC and would end up playing it at 30FPS.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: August 08, 2011, 09:38:08 pm »

Wrong. They are focusing on graphics because they are catering to 360. Nothing of the technical parts of the gameplay would be improved. We could see some refined mechanics but the whole streamlining process sounds as bullshit as ever.
Infact I can bet that it took them over an year to optimize their game for the consoles. Think about it for a second. A year, which could instead be used to make the game much more impressive wasted just because of some people who couldn't afford a PC and would end up playing it at 30FPS.
Hells damn the poor eh? As someone who has such a shitty computer I can't even play neverwinter nights 2 on it, let me give you a nice big Go Fuck Yourself. The fact is the only major thing that would have made it more 'impressive' on just PC is graphics, and at this point graphics don't mean shit. I'd rather gave an awesome setting and asthetic that 'cutting edge' graphics.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: August 08, 2011, 09:40:32 pm »

Hells damn the poor eh? As someone who has such a shitty computer I can't even play neverwinter nights 2 on it, let me give you a nice big Go Fuck Yourself. The fact is the only major thing that would have made it more 'impressive' on just PC is graphics, and at this point graphics don't mean shit. I'd rather gave an awesome setting and asthetic that 'cutting edge' graphics.

Seconded.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: August 08, 2011, 10:04:28 pm »

I doubt they would improve the gameplay parts of the game anyway, no matter what excuse you give it.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: August 08, 2011, 10:11:02 pm »

I see that you completely ignored processing power.
Well let me put it to you this way, we see loading times, AI limitations, technical limitation because of consoles. In fact if they release a game with the graphics of morrowind but with new mechanics, it would still manage to sell on the PC(at least a million sales) whereas doing something like that would be impossible on a console.
Also, you do know that your PC cannot run new stuff because the new games are badly optimized? No? well blame the consoles.
Consoles run on 6 year old hardware and if they can do it on a box then they can do it on beast of a machine.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: August 08, 2011, 10:19:14 pm »

I'm leaveing this thread the........well I'm not sure how to word this politely, but the actions of people here are makeing me lose control of my temper for several reasons. I'll be leaveing before I start flinging insults.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: August 08, 2011, 10:29:53 pm »

I'm leaveing this thread the........well I'm not sure how to word this politely, but the actions of people here are makeing me lose control of my temper for several reasons. I'll be leaveing before I start flinging insults.

Relax, I am a kind of an asshole/cunt anyway.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2862 on: August 09, 2011, 02:22:03 am »

Im worried about how bad UI theyre going to make.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: August 09, 2011, 02:38:54 am »

In that QuakeCon demo, it actually looked fairly good to me.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2864 on: August 09, 2011, 03:23:35 am »

Look at all this empty wasted space. Not happy. Theres enough room to have much more skills in there...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 201