Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265500 times)

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2745 on: August 07, 2011, 09:32:13 am »

And no, modders do not fix "99 % players dislike" in a year. See Oblivion; because of modders it is better now than when it was published, but it's still very far from "99 % things players disliked are fixed."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: August 07, 2011, 09:35:09 am »

They took down the video.
 :-\
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: August 07, 2011, 09:36:17 am »

They took down the video.
 :-\
Before I got to see it too. I'm surprised nobody has re-uploaded it but I bet there's a team of people keeping an eye out for just that.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2748 on: August 07, 2011, 09:42:16 am »

And no, modders do not fix "99 % players dislike" in a year. See Oblivion; because of modders it is better now than when it was published, but it's still very far from "99 % things players disliked are fixed."

but one day, apocalypse granting, it will be what the players want it to be.
time solves many problems.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: August 07, 2011, 09:56:36 am »

The reason why they don't iron out every last bug is because every single day that they wait costs them, in both money and playing experience. If they were to guarantee that there would be no bugs when it was released, then everybody would be saying "this is an outdated piece of shit, game X was released ages ago and is far better than this".

Finding and fixing bugs takes a hell of a lot of time. Actually creating the resources and coding the game takes only a small amount of time - It's making it all work together that's the big problem.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: August 07, 2011, 10:02:29 am »

but one day, apocalypse granting, it will be what the players want it to be.
time solves many problems.

After Skyrim is released, most modders will abandon Oblivion and move to Skyrim. And before Skyrim is what players want it to be, next The Elder Scrolls game is released and most modders will move to work on that.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2751 on: August 07, 2011, 10:04:05 am »

there is still a community for fallout 3 modding, even though fallout 3 new vegas is out. Even better, there is a mod in fallout new vegas which ADDS fallout 3 to the game.
so...we will end with a Skyrim mod which has OBLIVION+MORROWIND inside. all with skyrim graphics...there IS a madmen who will do it. guaranteed. (not myself, but it's already done, like morroblivion to cite one.)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: August 07, 2011, 11:01:42 am »

If Conan the Friggin' Barbarian wants to lead the mages guild, who's going to stop him? :P
The Morrowind mages guild. Or the Lliac Bay mages guilds.

Morrowind never stopped my warrior in the fighters guild from joining to take advantage of their teleport services. And the minimum skill points in a skill system was annoying to deal with when you actually were playing that playstyle.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: August 07, 2011, 11:04:27 am »

If Conan the Friggin' Barbarian wants to lead the mages guild, who's going to stop him? :P
The Morrowind mages guild. Or the Lliac Bay mages guilds.

Morrowind never stopped my warrior in the fighters guild from joining to take advantage of their teleport services. And the minimum skill points in a skill system was annoying to deal with when you actually were playing that playstyle.

That minimum skill requirement is exactly what is stopping Conan The Barbarian from entering the guild.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: August 07, 2011, 11:05:34 am »

Again, never a problem for entering the guild. Advancing sure, but you don't need to advance to intimidate the teleport mages into servicing you.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: August 07, 2011, 11:18:02 am »

Again, never a problem for entering the guild. Advancing sure, but you don't need to advance to intimidate the teleport mages into servicing you.
Yes, but please note that we were talking about leading the mages guild.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: August 07, 2011, 11:37:58 am »

Whoops, lost track of that.

Ill still sit on the fact that it was annoying to deal with when you were a mage. I do hope the new quest system can give you stuff to do while you are training your skills up.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: August 07, 2011, 11:44:07 am »

You didn't need to be a member of the mages guild to use the Guild Guild teleport service. You could join as a warrior though, and get access to the guild chests.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: August 07, 2011, 01:04:15 pm »

Whoops, lost track of that.

Ill still sit on the fact that it was annoying to deal with when you were a mage. I do hope the new quest system can give you stuff to do while you are training your skills up.
It was more coherent and made the guilds something more than just banal checklist questlines. Maybe it ain't entirely due to this, but the guilds in Oblivion felt like theme park rides in comparison.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: August 07, 2011, 01:29:48 pm »

For those who didn't see it, new link to the video. Gone
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:59:25 pm by Jehdin »
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 201