Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265580 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2655 on: August 05, 2011, 09:23:43 pm »

>.> I'm sorry but I love love LOVE when people accuse things of rip offs. Ever entertainment industry, from music, to books, to movies, to games, they all rip off many many many things, each other and their own. Talking doors where not made by fable, nor was marriage in games, or was adding guns to a perfectly acceptible fantasy game.

No one ever bothered to say it's a rip off (although it pretty much is ;)), I'm just saying that the $60 price point for PC games is a recently new thing done by companies just because they can.

There's a big difference between needing to vend physical disks (consoles) vs digital distribution.

Simply put, you guys can't prove that $60 is a standard price for PC games even though you, KaguroDraven, made the statement that it's the standard price. It simply isn't for most of the US.
Sordid outright said 'ripping off' hence my comment.

Also I'll admit $60 may not be the norm for the rest of the US, but where I live it is. My comment on it being the norm elsewhere mistaken, my appologies.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: August 05, 2011, 09:25:44 pm »

Overseas is a whole different ballgame. Australians consistently get shafted. I do not even understand it.

KaguroDraven, do you live in the NYC greater metropolitan area?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: August 05, 2011, 09:26:44 pm »

I do not, I live in the Tri state area, around Orange County specificly.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: August 05, 2011, 09:27:07 pm »

You're really nitpicking to protect your point, so I'm going to counter-challenge this one.

Find me the launch prices of two dozen non-indie games released before February 5, 2011.
It's really lame to ask for me to counter proof my statement that you can't prove wrong.

The reason I asked for two dozen non-indie games released before February 5, 2011 is to point out that it is impossible for me to claim victory over this challenge whether I am correct or not - the stats are too difficult to find.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: August 05, 2011, 09:33:53 pm »

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:36:29 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: August 05, 2011, 09:35:48 pm »

Do you have any idea how many of those there are? Both tri-state areas and orange counties.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: August 05, 2011, 09:40:54 pm »

Considering pretty much all non-budget console games have been released at $60 since the 360 came out, that really isn't nitpicking.

Considering you can almost always find the exact same game being released at $50 for PC and $60 for the 360, pointing out that a game is $60 on the 360 doesn't really prove anything in an argument about the price of games on the PC.

That's what I was saying. That this:
Quote from: KaelGotDwarves
Not PC :| Are you even reading?
wasn't nitpicking like Grakelin said it was.

>.> I'm sorry but I love love LOVE when people accuse things of rip offs. Ever entertainment industry, from music, to books, to movies, to games, they all rip off many many many things, each other and their own. Talking doors where not made by fable, nor was marriage in games, or was adding guns to a perfectly acceptible fantasy game.

I don't think anyone's bothered by the "ripping off" part, it's the "Fable" part. Not a great series...and what other recent games had marriage and talking doors?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:01:47 pm by Jehdin »

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: August 05, 2011, 10:00:53 pm »

Do you have any idea how many of those there are? Both tri-state areas and orange counties.
.........did you not read the part about New York? New York only has one Orange County to my knowledge.

Eh Fable one was alright, the others not so much. And did I say 'recent' or even 'game' inregards to talking doors? I said all the industries rip off each other, as well as off their own industry. As for Marriage, call me crazy but I consiter Romances in games close enough to be consitered close to, if not equal, to marriage in games. As for that, look at any bioware game.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: August 05, 2011, 10:40:07 pm »

http://www.steamgamesales.com/view-history.php?id=4908

Knock yourself out.

2010-2011 if you feel like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2010_video_games

Thanks for the first link, but did you check the second one to see if they actually had pricing information in them?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:13:17 pm by Jehdin »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: August 05, 2011, 11:43:44 pm »

...You cut webs to enter the room...

Oh please say these are actual webs that can be cut, not press E to perform a brief animation...

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: August 05, 2011, 11:52:34 pm »

Um...just coming into this from nowhere but...
The talking door thing? Reminds me of the Dark Brotherhood door in Oblivion. I came across that in my first play through before murdering anyone in cold-blood and it had a similar effect.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: August 05, 2011, 11:56:36 pm »

Um...just coming into this from nowhere but...
The talking door thing? Reminds me of the Dark Brotherhood door in Oblivion. I came across that in my first play through before murdering anyone in cold-blood and it had a similar effect.

That... actually seems quite likely. Dark Brotherhood has been confirmed to be in.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: August 06, 2011, 12:01:29 am »

The whole price point issue comes down to personal choice. You either decide it's worth it or not, and go on from there. Sure, they could probably sell it for cheaper, but they are a business and like it or not, their objective is to sell a product/render a service to you for a good profit. So either buy it, wait for it to go on sale, or don't buy it all.

The only real way you can effect the price point would be to organize people to boycott the game, but that would also hurt you in the end (and I think it would be pretty difficult considering the relative popularity of the Elder Scrolls games). With diminishing PC sales, there is less of a reason to produce pc versions of the game, and since console users seem ok with the 60 dollar price point, might as well stick with them.... But quite frankly, whining/debating about the 10 dollar difference isn't going to change things.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 201