Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265576 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2640 on: August 05, 2011, 08:39:38 pm »

We open with a game nobody ever wanted to play ever.

(The sweet spot on D2D seems to be $50)
$53.95 $59.95

::)

Okay, let me see -
Starcraft 2
CoD6: Modern Warfare 2
CoD5
Dragon Age 2?
Dragon Age Origins?
Crysis 2

Your 2nd example is a preorder with DLC. The $60 is a new trend, there aren't two dozen AAA PC mainstream titles currently released with $60 pricepoints. Try me. I'm even willing to bet a game. :)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: August 05, 2011, 08:44:13 pm »

Gotta give me some leeway here, gentleman. I've only touched on brand new releases. Brand new digitally distributed releases. Yeah.

Now I have to go digging for how much things actually cost when they originally came out. To sate your appetites while you wait, I (foolishly) paid about $65 for this baby right here:

6. It burns even still. Never even got to play because their registration won't accept paypal for some reason. Zing!.

Do be kind. I know any research you do will not help your end of the bargain, but don't belittle mine as a result!

EDIT: Just spotted your addendum, Kael. Poor play, if you ask me. I'd sooner ask you to find me two dozen brand new AAA releases in general. That's about how many are released per year, given a generous estimate.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:46:36 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: August 05, 2011, 08:50:03 pm »

Most? Only the most ridiculous AAA titles on consoles and maybe less than a dozen on PC have ever released at $60. I'd be surprised if you could point out two dozen full games on PC that have been released at $60, and I'd be surprised if you could find one expansion pack that cost $60 besides that hilarious train DLC crap.

So uhhh, your post doesn't make any sense.

I'll accept your first challenge, not going to hit the second one. Here we go.

As for AAA games, what I mean is any popular game not like training "game" specialty simulation software, that regularly costs hundreds or thousands for a license.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:56:36 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: August 05, 2011, 08:55:03 pm »

Let me pick out the ones you have issues with, though, really, asking me to find the original prices of 24 games is enough of a shaft that only my past experience on this forum of people rubbing it in incessantly when I go silent from boredom keeps me going. I'll leave you with this as a new starter:

1. Halo 3: ODST
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: August 05, 2011, 08:55:51 pm »

Not PC :| Are you even reading?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: August 05, 2011, 08:59:55 pm »

You're really nitpicking to protect your point, so I'm going to counter-challenge this one.

Find me the launch prices of two dozen non-indie games released before February 5, 2011.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: August 05, 2011, 09:04:01 pm »

I wound up discovering the bizarre and unexpected. Take for example the black door adorned with a skull I found near a frigid pond in a rocky recess. The door spoke to me in an otherworldly whisper while shimmering faintly, and asked if I knew the music of life. I ran through the conversation tree to exhaust all options, answering drums, screaming, some kind of choir. The door promptly declared me to be unworthy and refused to open.

Is it just me, or does that sound like it came straight out of another RPG franchise? Are Bethsoft really so desperate for ideas that they're ripping off Fable, of all things?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: August 05, 2011, 09:09:43 pm »

You're really nitpicking to protect your point, so I'm going to counter-challenge this one.

Find me the launch prices of two dozen non-indie games released before February 5, 2011.
It's really lame to ask for me to counter proof my statement that you can't prove wrong.

Pretty much all AAA titles are released at $30-$50 USD.

EDIT: I mean, look at Steam's "Upcoming titles list"

Deus Ex: Human Revolution™
Action, RPG - Available: Aug 2011
-10% $49.99
$44.99

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
Action - Available: Aug 30, 2011
-10% $39.99
$35.99

Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition
Strategy - Available: Sep 1, 2011
$39.99

Driver San Francisco
Racing, Action - Available: Sep 6, 2011
$49.99

Might & Magic® Heroes® VI
RPG, Strategy - Available: Sep 6, 2011
$49.99

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Action - Available: Sep 2011
$49.99

Call of Juarez®: The Cartel
Action, Adventure - Available: Sep 13, 2011
$49.99

Rest are "indie titles" and cheaper.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:13:43 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: August 05, 2011, 09:11:20 pm »

Considering pretty much all non-budget console games have been released at $60 since the 360 came out, that really isn't nitpicking.

I wound up discovering the bizarre and unexpected. Take for example the black door adorned with a skull I found near a frigid pond in a rocky recess. The door spoke to me in an otherworldly whisper while shimmering faintly, and asked if I knew the music of life. I ran through the conversation tree to exhaust all options, answering drums, screaming, some kind of choir. The door promptly declared me to be unworthy and refused to open.

Is it just me, or does that sound like it came straight out of another RPG franchise? Are Bethsoft really so desperate for ideas that they're ripping off Fable, of all things?

You can also get married!

Watch them add guns or farting next.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: August 05, 2011, 09:13:19 pm »

>.> I'm sorry but I love love LOVE when people accuse things of rip offs. Ever entertainment industry, from music, to books, to movies, to games, they all rip off many many many things, each other and their own. Talking doors where not made by fable, nor was marriage in games, or was adding guns to a perfectly acceptible fantasy game.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: August 05, 2011, 09:16:00 pm »

Considering pretty much all non-budget console games have been released at $60 since the 360 came out, that really isn't nitpicking.

Considering you can almost always find the exact same game being released at $50 for PC and $60 for the 360, pointing out that a game is $60 on the 360 doesn't really prove anything in an argument about the price of games on the PC.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: August 05, 2011, 09:17:16 pm »

>.> I'm sorry but I love love LOVE when people accuse things of rip offs. Ever entertainment industry, from music, to books, to movies, to games, they all rip off many many many things, each other and their own. Talking doors where not made by fable, nor was marriage in games, or was adding guns to a perfectly acceptible fantasy game.

No one ever bothered to say it's a rip off (although it pretty much is ;)), I'm just saying that the $60 price point for PC games is a recently new thing done by companies just because they can.

There's a big difference between needing to vend physical disks (consoles) vs digital distribution.

Simply put, you guys can't prove that $60 is a standard price for PC games even though you, KaguroDraven, made the statement that it's the standard price. It simply isn't for most of the US.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: August 05, 2011, 09:17:51 pm »

Guns will likely be modded in soon after release, and farting... someone needs to get on that!  :P

But seriously, if Skyrim has ogres like Oblivion's, farting would be a neat touch for those monsters.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: August 05, 2011, 09:20:14 pm »

Guns will likely be modded in soon after release, and farting... someone needs to get on that!  :P

But seriously, if Skyrim has ogres like Oblivion's, farting would be a neat touch for those monsters.

Also, real-time growing trees would be nice too, something that Molyneux failed to do. :P
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: August 05, 2011, 09:20:36 pm »

while the local release price for skyrim isn't announced here yet, going by the prices of similar games that were released over here, I predict $17 (the price of crysis 2 here).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:22:24 pm by Japa »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 201