Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265646 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2550 on: August 03, 2011, 10:33:09 pm »

They can wear armour.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: August 03, 2011, 10:34:58 pm »

They can wear armour.

Made out of GUNS. For only $5.99.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: August 03, 2011, 10:43:18 pm »

Man, I hate fast travel. Hate hate HATE it. I wish they'd remove it, because I try not to use it, but it's always there, tempting me... D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2553 on: August 03, 2011, 10:46:48 pm »

Man, I hate fast travel. Hate hate HATE it. I wish they'd remove it, because I try not to use it, but it's always there, tempting me... D:
Some people like not walking for hours.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: August 03, 2011, 10:53:59 pm »

Depends on the fast travel. There is automatic fast travel which makes the world feel small and ride fast travel between specific cities which opens up the transportation management of getting where you want to go. Finally there are mounts, which is boring strolling down a path for five minutes.

I think if the world is built with enough coastal cities the fast travel between cities system from Morrowind could work well.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: August 03, 2011, 11:04:29 pm »

Yeah, I like the idea of having some areas just plain be difficult to get to.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: August 03, 2011, 11:13:56 pm »

Regular walking is fine when  you want to findd stuff. It was awful in Oblivion for me because there's little exiting to look at as you walk. Or danger really...

How much do we know about how or if it is to be used in Skyrim? It's probably posted somewhere, buut it's 5:14am at the moment and i'm tired...
Everybody!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: August 03, 2011, 11:38:44 pm »

Y'know, the thing that really struck me when I first played Oblivion, one of the first games I played on a large HD TV, was how I wasn't running everywhere, I actually walked, and observed the scenery.
And one great thing about Fallout 3, was how any long journey somewhere really did feel... Epic. Like an adventure.
Fast travel, which does save a lot of time, negates both of those factors. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: August 03, 2011, 11:41:16 pm »

Y'know, the thing that really struck me when I first played Oblivion, one of the first games I played on a large HD TV, was how I wasn't running everywhere, I actually walked, and observed the scenery.
And one great thing about Fallout 3, was how any long journey somewhere really did feel... Epic. Like an adventure.
Fast travel, which does save a lot of time, negates both of those factors. :(
I agree, I generally don't fast travel unless the location is all the way across the map. Its pretty fun (especially in Fallout.) to get ambushed by a group of enemies while traveling down the road.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: August 03, 2011, 11:48:20 pm »

Fast travel in Oblivion was a godsend for my sneaky archer characters(all of them), giving me the ability to not only get places faster, but get places without needing to fight the inevitable random animal attack. I frequently snuck cross-country in Fallout 3 just because it doesn't seem that much slower, and the post-apocalyptic landscape seemed to always have something else to reveal.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: August 04, 2011, 12:41:17 am »

I tended to start fast-travelling in Oblivion more when I got to a high enough level that bears and trolls and ogres started popping out of the woods every 3 meters I walked. It just wasn't worth walking around anymore when you couldn't do anything without getting swarmed.

This tended to not be a problem in Fallout 3, thankfully, or New Vegas, I think, though my character didn't hit the max level in that, so I don't know.

One thing I'm concerned about is that it's sounded like Bethesda hasn't paid any attention to any lessons from New Vegas, since they didn't actually make it themselves. They never mention anything about it when talking about Skyrim. It made quite an improvement over how things were done in Fallout 3, so you'd think they would have at least taken a look at what was improved and see if any of it applies to what they're doing with Skyrim.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:47:06 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: August 04, 2011, 01:00:15 am »

You're kidding, right?

Fall Out: New Vegas, when compared only to Fall Out 3 (as opposed to the Fall Out series as a whole) was horrible.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: August 04, 2011, 01:01:50 am »

You're kidding, right?

Fall Out: New Vegas, when compared only to Fall Out 3 (as opposed to the Fall Out series as a whole) was horrible.
There is such a thing as opinions you know, personally I liked Fallout New Vegas better. But this isn't the thread for arguing which game is better. If you like Fallout 3 better then play Fallout 3.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: August 04, 2011, 02:13:49 am »

You're kidding, right?

Okay buddy, sure. Whatever you say.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: August 04, 2011, 04:00:18 am »

Erm... In what way?
Fallout 3 when compared to fallout series as a whole was a disgrace, it completely ruined the feel of the series. New vegas brought it back.

ONTOPIC:
Didn't morrowind too had a fast travel system? You could pay a guide to take you there and shit.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 201