Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265823 times)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2460 on: August 01, 2011, 11:53:11 am »

Word of God on the Beth forums confirmed a while back that the Argonians are Ovoviviparous when the issue came up.

That doesn't explain the breasts, though.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: August 01, 2011, 11:58:31 am »

Word of God on the Beth forums confirmed a while back that the Argonians are Ovoviviparous when the issue came up.

Fun Fact:Several species of egg laying species(IE almost everthing non mammel) still need to feed their young in an.....unusual way, and consitering the other connections Argonians have to other humanoids it's not too far off to guess that they might feed their young the same way at first.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: August 01, 2011, 12:01:49 pm »

Why do Khajitt have only one set of breasts?

These things make little sense, like the absence of birds and insects, the absence of the diseased and maimed, and so forth.

It do be a game, though I'd appreciate it if the Khaj and the Argonians went back to the Morrowind style in skyrim, less human that way.

Fun Fact:Several species of egg laying species(IE almost everthing non mammel) still need to feed their young in an.....unusual way, and consitering the other connections Argonians have to other humanoids it's not too far off to guess that they might feed their young the same way at first.

You're saying Argonians are more closely related to platypi than lizards?

I can buy that.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: August 01, 2011, 12:10:42 pm »

I'd like to see beasts less human. They look very humanoid in Oblivion in my opinion. They also walk very strangely in Morrowind as everyone else said. Is there no way to make beast races actually look like beasts and make them walk normal? Maybe make foots similiar to human foot?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: August 01, 2011, 03:51:29 pm »

I could point out that neither Argoneans or any other species 'evolved' in the real life sense of the word, and they all mortal sentient creatures come from the residual energies of ancient spirits, but I won't/
Or you could point out that, aside from the above statement, their world have only existed for a dozen (or two) thousand years or so*, so no large amount of "evolving" would have had time to happen anyway.

* Except for that one time that was several other thousand times at the same time before they happened to had taken place.
Love, scriver~

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: August 01, 2011, 03:53:07 pm »

You could also state that they turn more humanoid from "licking trees".
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2466 on: August 01, 2011, 03:58:16 pm »

My point was merely that pointing out the boobs is just one thing and it comes across as silly when it's all fucking MAGIX anyway.

I have zero knowledge of the lore except bits I picked up through the forum and what I saw in Oblivion.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: August 01, 2011, 04:02:25 pm »

The reason there are no diseased or maimed people is that everybody in the world has access to "Restore Minor Wounds". And also, because diseases last a maximum of 30 seconds unless it is Poryphoric Hemophilia (Actually, there are a few long-term diseases in Oblivion).
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: August 01, 2011, 04:10:09 pm »

The reason there are no diseased or maimed people is that everybody in the world has access to "Restore Minor Wounds". And also, because diseases last a maximum of 30 seconds unless it is Poryphoric Hemophilia (Actually, there are a few long-term diseases in Oblivion).

Bull, there were blind people in Morrowind, and I doubt that a mill worker is good enough to put all his pasty ground fingers back one right. I just want to see a few people missing limbs, fingers, and or extremities.

A nord berserker who got his nose chopped off in some battle would fit perfectly with the setting.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: August 01, 2011, 04:14:39 pm »

There were blind people in Morrowind.

Were there? Who? It's been a long time and I can't recall anyone.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: August 01, 2011, 04:22:39 pm »

I was just going to explain game and story segregation to you, when I read the rest of your post and realised you were sarcastic.

That was a close one. For me, that is.
Love, scriver~

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: August 01, 2011, 04:25:31 pm »

There were blind people in Morrowind.

Were there? Who? It's been a long time and I can't recall anyone.

Jiub (From the boat) and a few others had a scar bisecting their right eye, judging from the coloration I'd say he had blindness in that eye. A few of the Ashland clan mothers also had apparent blindess, granted I don't think it effected them in the least.

Still, the recolor was something. A missing eye or a broken nose here and there would be nice, like adding a fallen tree and some old snags to those endless forests of Oblivion's.

Spoiler: Jiub's Head (click to show/hide)
---

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2472 on: August 01, 2011, 04:33:57 pm »

well, technically i suppose that would be a graphical modder work.
Or maybe a mod in itself.
So i suppose, if you were to find a competent modder for skyrim when it comes out and enthrall it to make it "more serious/past-like/realistic" it might actually work as a mod and make the game to your enjoyment.
I suppose the greath strength of all the bethesda works is the MODDER community.
I mean it. vanilla oblivion =/= modded oblivion.
you may love vanilla or hate it.
But if you hate vanilla you can just drown it under a thousand different flavours of icecream till you no longer EVEN KNOW vanilla is there.
skyrim is going to be the same.
consider that in oblivion there is a mod which adds all Morrowind back.
or a mod which changes balancing, or Overhauls, thousands and thousands of mods.
One may love the vanilla game, one may play the vanilla game, but heck, a mod can change the game completely to suit your taste, and if it's not there, "wait or invent it"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: August 01, 2011, 04:36:16 pm »

The main reason im excited about Skyrim (Besides you know, Skyrim itself.) is that Bethesda will be using a new engine. If I have to play another game with that shitty engine, im going to rage.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: August 01, 2011, 04:43:35 pm »

The main reason im excited about Skyrim (Besides you know, Skyrim itself.) is that Bethesda will be using a new engine. If I have to play another game with that shitty engine, im going to rage.

This.
---
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 201