Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266155 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2280 on: July 06, 2011, 04:50:47 am »

Didn't most people just wear the best armor over their whole body?

once upon a time, best was something that was tied to your character and game stile.

now that armor just does damage reduction x%, yeah, it sucks that way.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: July 06, 2011, 04:53:41 am »

Wow reading the few posts made me realize bethsoft are best in killing the hype.
The only thing I am relieved to here is the modding tools. Otherwise the game is still Oblivion 2.0

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: July 06, 2011, 05:52:58 am »

It's like they aren't even trying.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: July 06, 2011, 06:08:08 am »

Well, at least they aren't like that Battlefield 3 PR rep who came out and actually said the reason that DICE isn't having mod tools at launch is because it would be too hard for modders to mod BF3.

Yeah, keep insulting your fanbase's intelligence, especially the fans that kept BF2 MP alive until today with amazing mods.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2284 on: July 06, 2011, 06:09:12 am »

the whole reincarnation story of morrowind was awesome

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That sums up one of the primary reasons why Morrowind is great. There's the whole "or is it" quality to not only the main storyline, but literally ALL the accounts of history you encounter in the game. Not only are multiple conflicting versions of history presented, but it's never made clear if one of them is correct, or which aspects of which ones are true. That's what lent it so much depth.

Also, the magic system was one thing they improved from MW to Oblivion. I can't believe skill level didn't decrease spell costs in MW....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kind of an old discussion, and I haven't actually played Morrowind, but from what I've been told about some of the game's metaplot, your player character is the Neravarine by virtue of being the player character, and Vivec is aware of this.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: July 06, 2011, 07:33:51 am »

well, you do something that resemble the prophecy at one point,
but the main point is that only the Nereverarine could use the Nerevar ring
without being consumed or burned up or something,
and Azura cheat giving you one ring called the same way but which is
not the actual same ring. (or is it? :D)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: July 06, 2011, 09:03:39 am »

I really hope this game will be a bit easier to play with mods. I have been installing (major) mods for morowind, oblivion and new vegas for hours and it never actually worked...

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: July 06, 2011, 09:32:19 am »

I really hope this game will be a bit easier to play with mods. I have been installing (major) mods for morowind, oblivion and new vegas for hours and it never actually worked...

Never really worked as in?
Huge mods which change the same thing never work. Like OOO won't work with MMM unless you have downloaded a compilation. The mod loader that is with the game is very softcore. You need to download external utilities to get the full effect.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: July 06, 2011, 09:38:57 am »

For a good reason, at least. It makes little sense to have "Viking" armour and clothing in upper and lower parts, for the same reason it makes little sense to have robes in upper and lower parts. But yeah, leg parts - I'll miss you.

So vikings didn't wear pants? ::)

You can even get married. If you own a house, your spouse will move in with you.
It's going to be so hilariously sucky. Can you imagine the "love" minigame? Horrible thought!

Even worse, if it works the same way as Oblivion and people like you more the more famous you are, we might get the same situation as in Fable, when you can make people fall in love with you just by walking past them.

Well, at least they aren't like that Battlefield 3 PR rep who came out and actually said the reason that DICE isn't having mod tools at launch is because it would be too hard for modders to mod BF3.

Yeah, keep insulting your fanbase's intelligence, especially the fans that kept BF2 MP alive until today with amazing mods.

That's exactly why he's doing it. They don't want you to keep old games alive. They want you to buy new games.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: July 06, 2011, 10:01:02 am »

Huge mods which change the same thing never work. Like OOO won't work with MMM unless you have downloaded a compilation. The mod loader that is with the game is very softcore. You need to download external utilities to get the full effect.
Just one major mod that was recommended by other people. Plus all the other utilities you need. I'm cursed :(

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: July 06, 2011, 10:49:06 am »

Even worse, if it works the same way as Oblivion and people like you more the more famous you are, we might get the same situation as in Fable, when you can make people fall in love with you just by walking past them.

It'll be like the RL teen pop stars, except the mediocre singing is dragon-slaying and the teenage girls are every random NPC you come across. :P
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: July 06, 2011, 02:20:00 pm »

It'll be like the RL teen pop stars, except the mediocre singing is dragon-slaying and the teenage girls are every random NPC you come across. :P
Actually, if they add an age, maybe the younger the character the more Fame effects their opinion of you? That way you get all these young women swarming you and the grandmas are all up on their porches like "Seen it once, seen it a 'undred times. 'E's gonna git 'is legs chopped off by some random bandit inna woods, just you watch."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: July 06, 2011, 02:21:22 pm »

Just one major mod that was recommended by other people. Plus all the other utilities you need. I'm cursed :(

FCOM Is an amazing modset, it takes some patience and the ability to read a manual, but it's well worth it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 06, 2011, 05:11:32 pm »

They confirmed the creation kit ages ago, why does every mention of it require a new "whew"?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: July 06, 2011, 05:57:25 pm »

Because you can never be sure with Bethsoft.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 201