Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266271 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2190 on: June 08, 2011, 05:27:14 pm »

Hmm... Maybe only in the demo was the dragon attack scripted, so they can show them off in the demo. Remember, companies pull off crazy things in demos, whether scripting stuff so it can happen, or in the case of Uncharted 2, having someone play the game in the back room identical to the person playing on stage in case some horrid texture bug came back.

I'm interested in this kind of stunts, do you have any link about them?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: June 09, 2011, 01:33:07 pm »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 09, 2011, 02:27:31 pm »

I'm still getting it, just not on release. If the PC version turns out to be a shitty console port then fuck Bethesda. E3 is just getting worse for me this year, first the new brothers in arms is going to have nothing to do with the original brothers in arms and now this.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: June 09, 2011, 02:53:29 pm »

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/08/e3-2011-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-interview-consoles-are-our-lead-skew/
Why must you spurn those who love thee most, fair Bethesda?

Or perhaps I should personify Bethesda as mail, because they've clearly done a Judas.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:56:21 pm by Maggarg - Eater of chicke »
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 09, 2011, 03:00:14 pm »

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/08/e3-2011-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-interview-consoles-are-our-lead-skew/
Why must you spurn those who love thee most, fair Bethesda?

Or perhaps I should personify Bethesda as mail, because they've clearly done a Judas.
yeah you gotta love junk mail
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: June 09, 2011, 03:16:58 pm »

Whelp, that finishes it, I shall have to kill bethesda.  Leading with a console is just a terrible idea for any game, it's easier to take more complex controls for a pc and narrow it down for a console, taking a 8 button controler and moving to a PC will just end up with all your keys doing shit all and having PC'ers rage that they have to play like a console, and not a keyboard.
Nom nom nom

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 09, 2011, 03:34:11 pm »

Uh. And Oblivion and FO3 were different how? They had blatantly console-oriented interfaces.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: June 09, 2011, 03:56:42 pm »

On my phone, so I haven't watched the video yet and don't know for sure how deep this console focus goes, but I really get only one gut reaction from this - I can handle ugly, unintuitive controls and UI, but this better not mean they droped the fucking Construction Set.
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: June 09, 2011, 04:05:12 pm »

The CS might actually be a strong reason why they're not doing a simultaneous release on all platforms.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: June 09, 2011, 05:47:19 pm »

Ok, now, officially TES saga is dead to me. It ended with Oblivion (and got it highest peak with morrowind).

An engine developed for consoles and ported for pc -> no mods (goodbye replayability, and the greatest features); ackward controls; and simplifity (it seems now the game is going to be a simple 3rd person hack & slash), no more character building.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: June 09, 2011, 05:59:19 pm »

Not the article itself, I like Bethsoft and I like their games.rant/ What makes me angry is people treating this like it's the first time ever they have done this, when it's not (Oblivion & Fallout). That it's going to make the game "so vastly inferior", which it's not (Oblivion & Fallout). Or that "they're totally spitting on PC users, hurr" despite PC users loving all of the past games, which were made the same way.  Another reason the consoles get the focus is the simple fact that everything that may be sub-par from the port, can be fixed by PC modders. As opposed to PC to console where if something breaks console users are SOL unless they patch it at some point.\endrant
SO STFU ABOUT IT
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: June 09, 2011, 06:09:33 pm »

Uh. And Oblivion and FO3 were different how? They had blatantly console-oriented interfaces.
they aren't and that's the problem, FO3 atleast made up for it with an amazing story line and great dcl.  Oblivion was ok with mods.
Nom nom nom

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: June 09, 2011, 06:23:18 pm »

And I agree with the post above mine. Modders can fix what goes wrong from console to PC port, but cannot fix what goes wrong from PC to console port.

Except that it shouldn't be anyone but the developer's job to fix their shoddy work.

Ok, now, officially TES saga is dead to me. It ended with Oblivion (and got it highest peak with morrowind).

An engine developed for consoles and ported for pc -> no mods (goodbye replayability, and the greatest features); ackward controls; and simplifity (it seems now the game is going to be a simple 3rd person hack & slash), no more character building.

Bethesda has already stated there will be a construction set for PC, so mods are not in danger.

And you do know that Oblivion was made for the 360 and ported to PC, right?

Still, I wish they would've developed primarily for PC and then scaled it back to run on consoles rather than developing for consoles first and possibly giving us some better textures on PC. But this "news" comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 201